Author Topic: Best Western Conference trades this season in order  (Read 446 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Best Western Conference trades this season in order
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2008, 11:20:10 PM »
Don't underestimate the Shaq trade (like I did earlier). The more I think about it, this makes the Suns more of an all round team. They lost a valuable player in Marion, but they are more built for the playoffs now. Nash will find a way of running an effective offense in the half court, and whenever they need to they can go right back to run and gun offense. Still don't think they'll make it to the finals, though.

No you meathead, don't you get it? Half court = cryptonite to the Suns! Thats how we took a 3-1 lead of over them. Thats why the Clippers forced them to 7 games. Thats why they lose to San Antonio every year.

I can't wait for tomorrow!
Who calls someone "meathead" anymore? I think Archie Bunker was the last guy to do that. And my point is that now that the Suns have Shaq, they half court won't be nearly as devastating for them anymore. Overall it probably won't make the Suns a better team since Shaq can't stay healthy/in shape, but they are more of an all round team now.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2008, 10:14:09 AM »
Don't underestimate the Shaq trade (like I did earlier). The more I think about it, this makes the Suns more of an all round team. They lost a valuable player in Marion, but they are more built for the playoffs now. Nash will find a way of running an effective offense in the half court, and whenever they need to they can go right back to run and gun offense. Still don't think they'll make it to the finals, though.

No you meathead, don't you get it? Half court = cryptonite to the Suns! Thats how we took a 3-1 lead of over them. Thats why the Clippers forced them to 7 games. Thats why they lose to San Antonio every year.

Who calls someone "meathead" anymore? I think Archie Bunker was the last guy to do that. And my point is that now that the Suns have Shaq, they half court won't be nearly as devastating for them anymore. Overall it probably won't make the Suns a better team since Shaq can't stay healthy/in shape, but they are more of an all round team now.

LOL@well rounded. I guess that was the right word to use, considering it's Shaq. Now they have someone who we can comfortably foul in the closing minutes of a game. 8)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2008, 05:19:15 AM »
The saddast part is that Gasol is only 27... there should be a league-veto for such joke-trades. I'm still mad about this. LOL@Dallas giving up more for a 35 year old guard than the Lakers for a 27 year old power forward. Fuck the Nba.

There shouldn't be a veto, because the trade benefited both teams.. it wasn't collusion. Kwame had the biggest expiring contract in the league and the Grizzlies were going for cap space. they don't wanna win now. Along with that, they managed to get a great guard prospect (who could one day be an all-star with the talent he possesses) and 2 valuable first round picks...I've seen WAY worse trades go down (the Shaq-for-Marion+Banks trade, for instance)...PeACe

Theo Ratliff > Kwame.
They traded Gasol to the Lakers because they wanted to help the Lakers. There is no other explanation. EVEN IF they weren't able to get a better deal (highly unlikely) they should have made it more public and waited till the trade deadline to get more out of it.. they were not even trying.

Also, why not going all in if you really don't give a fuck? Why have they kept Mike Miller?

With that said, O'Neal is not fat at all at the moment and he's looking good with the Suns.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 05:22:01 AM by 7even »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2008, 06:13:01 AM »
You just hate on the Shaq trade cause you hate Shaq, it's that simple. Banks wasn't doing SHIT for the Suns. He was payroll trash for them. Marion was becoming a cancer and threatened to opt out after this season, leaving them with nothing. It's yet to see what Shaq can do down there. I have my doubts about him too, but there is a chance that he be a real nigga, making Amare a realer nigga; getting the ball near the basket then passing it out to some real shooter niggas the great passing nigga that he is. And shit. Plus your ass was always that nigga that said the Suns can't with it all with their style, so what's there to bitch about this trade. Nash is an aging nigga, they didn't close their window with that trade. They have to win soon, with or without that trade.

Wrong...I LOVE the trade. It makes the pacific division that much easier to win....but LOL@your reasoning for why I think the trade sucks...As if it has nothing to do with Shaq being a slow, old liability and Marion being Phoenix's most efficient player, as well as their best defender and rebounder. ::)

Suns with Marion=no finals
Suns without Marion=EVEN WORSE

Your reasoning sucks.

Much as i hate shaq and the suns... they never really needed marion as much as some of yall are sayin. marion's a hustle player, but he didn't exactly leave a void in the team, they've been doing just as good without him as they've been doing with him. his rebounding has been collectively made up by all the other players on the team. and most of his scoring came from other people finding him wide-open, so they didn't have much trouble replacing that. the bottom-line, his absence doesn't have as much an effect as one would think. the suns eventually discovered this, so they finally decided to trade him away.

the reason the trade was stupid was because now they have to take on the contract of an aging, out-of-shape center with health issues. but phoenix obviously isnt concerned about that... steve nash himself is old. they want to win a championship while they can, and they came to a realization that the fastbreak offense wasn't goin to work anymore, so they took a gigantic gamble and went after shaq.

no opposing team in the history of mankind has ever been worried about shawn marion. but shaq will raise a few eyebrows just because of who he is, and coaches WILL update their gameplans wen dealing with him. unlike marion, shaq creates opportunities for the team both offensively and defensively. just like we saw against the celtics, and just like we saw against the lakers (even if we did beat them)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2008, 09:03:37 AM »
Theo Ratliff > Kwame.
They traded Gasol to the Lakers because they wanted to help the Lakers. There is no other explanation. EVEN IF they weren't able to get a better deal (highly unlikely) they should have made it more public and waited till the trade deadline to get more out of it.. they were not even trying.
The Lakers gave up 3 first round draft picks (Javaris Crittenton, 2008, 2010), and an expiring contract for Gasol. The trade wasn't that lopsided.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2008, 09:37:04 AM »
Theo Ratliff > Kwame.
The Lakers gave up 3 first round draft picks (Javaris Crittenton, 2008, 2010), and an expiring contract for Gasol. The trade wasn't that lopsided.

Actually, it was. Chris Wallace is a faggot with no dignity.
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2008, 05:34:46 PM »
Theo Ratliff > Kwame.

You must be one dumbass if you don't understand how trades work nowadays.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2008, 05:40:45 PM »
The saddast part is that Gasol is only 27... there should be a league-veto for such joke-trades. I'm still mad about this. LOL@Dallas giving up more for a 35 year old guard than the Lakers for a 27 year old power forward. Fuck the Nba.

There shouldn't be a veto, because the trade benefited both teams.. it wasn't collusion. Kwame had the biggest expiring contract in the league and the Grizzlies were going for cap space. they don't wanna win now. Along with that, they managed to get a great guard prospect (who could one day be an all-star with the talent he possesses) and 2 valuable first round picks...I've seen WAY worse trades go down (the Shaq-for-Marion+Banks trade, for instance)...PeACe

Theo Ratliff > Kwame.

Also, why not going all in if you really don't give a fuck? Why have they kept Mike Miller?

With that said, O'Neal is not fat at all at the moment and he's looking good with the Suns.

You can't be this ignorant. Why the hell would Chris Wallace have a higher interest for the Lakers than for his own team? It's obvious that you don't understand how trades work in the league nowadays. The trade was in talks for over a year and there was no bigger expiring contract in the league than Kwame Brown (on a team that's trying to win now...LOL@Theo Ratliff). They tried trading Miller as well, but no deal went through. Stop acting like this was some sort of a conspiracy, cuz it's really making you sound ridiculous.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2008, 09:05:43 PM »
Theo Ratliff > Kwame.

How do they work, mate? Did you blow him? LOL@thinking that dude is a hetero with dignity. Yeah, one gots to be pretty stupid to think badly of that trade. It was a great deal for Memphis. They could not have gotten anything better for Gasol. Talking to other teams or waiting till the trade deadline would have been worthless.
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2008, 10:30:45 PM »

Yeah I be on my Archie Bunker shiet sometimes.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2008, 11:42:33 PM »
All In the Family Is The greatest Sitcom of All-Time...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2008, 02:33:47 PM »
Theo Ratliff > Kwame.

How do they work, mate? Did you blow him? LOL@thinking that dude is a hetero with dignity. Yeah, one gots to be pretty stupid to think badly of that trade. It was a great deal for Memphis. They could not have gotten anything better for Gasol. Talking to other teams or waiting till the trade deadline would have been worthless.

LOSING TEAMS DON'T TRADE TALENT FOR TALENT, THEY TRADE FOR EXPIRING CONRACTS, YOUNG TALENT, AND DRAFT PICKS. LAKERS HAD THE BEST COMBINATION OF THOSE...It's not that hard to get, sunny. The trade was in both teams interest. Quit making irrational statements.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2008, 02:54:22 PM »
Of course @ caps, still, the Grizzlies didn't even try to get a better trade. By "better" I don't mean getting an All-Star. If you want to get smart with me we can have that. For instance, if I trade for first-round-picks, I am going to consider that the team a trade with is not going to be really good for the years I have those picks. The Lakers will be killing in those years, and the Grizzlies will have some low ass picks. I have no doubt that this trade had not went down if Jerry West died 5 years ago.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 02:56:45 PM by 7even »
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2008, 10:20:59 AM »
Of course @ caps, still, the Grizzlies didn't even try to get a better trade. By "better" I don't mean getting an All-Star. If you want to get smart with me we can have that. For instance, if I trade for first-round-picks, I am going to consider that the team a trade with is not going to be really good for the years I have those picks. The Lakers will be killing in those years, and the Grizzlies will have some low ass picks. I have no doubt that this trade had not went down if Jerry West died 5 years ago.

That's because you have no idea what you're talking about...Jerry West is done with basketball, and he had zero influence on this trade. He was recently interviewed, and he has no desire to do anything in basketball ever again. Had this trade went down when West still had some say with the decision making of the Grizzlies, you MIGHT have a case...but this was simply the best offer when it came down to a combination of picks, expiring contracts, and young talent. What else could they have gotten?...PeACe

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2008, 12:16:42 PM »
7even is just crazy. OK the trade was lopsided, but what else could the Grizzlies have done? Gasol wasn't going to be traded for another star and the Grizzlies knew that. They didn't want to get 2 or 3 good players, because they knew in the long run they are going to need more. That's why they went for the 3 first round draft picks, expiring contract ($9 million gone) to have money to sign a talented player in the off-season, and Marc Gasol. The only reason you feel that this is so unfair was because Gasol got traded to a already great team. Had the T-Wolves or Knicks made this trade (assuming they had the exact same players for the trade), you wouldn't of seen it as a steal because they didn't upgrade their team nearly as much.You are judging this trade by the end result instead of the actual trade itself. The Lakers made themselves championship favorites because of it, but the trade itself wasn't a slam dunk steal of the millennium you are making it out to be.