Author Topic: Jimmy Iovine spits game [VIDEO]  (Read 371 times)

Woodrow

Jimmy Iovine spits game [VIDEO]
« on: February 20, 2008, 01:07:00 PM »
http://www.crazedhits.com/2008/02/19/interview-jimmy-iovine/

Say what you want about him, but he's one of the smartest people in the music business.

This is a 20 min video interview about how to get a leg up in the music business, the future of interscope and being a successful artist.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Jimmy Iovine spits game [VIDEO]
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 04:54:27 PM »
jimmy i fucc all you niggas iovine, yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Mister Lepht

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 05:11:34 PM »
I think Jimmy Iovine has a bad name on these boards because most of you support some kind of wack ass rapper thats been dropped by Jimmy at some point..  Who gives a fuck.. if you aint gonna sell then you aint staying signed.. Noone is gonna buy a Rakim CD or a Joell Ortiz CD.. They are good rappers but they have no main stream appeal.. Useless to be signed to a major if you have no mainstream appeal.. PERIOD... Get a clue people buy albums that are ENTERTAINMENT.. you dont buy albums that are boring... Wanna go platinum???  Entertain a mutha fucka...

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 02:10:09 AM »
well offcourse it's not just the major companies; they adapt to the demand of the consumers, so they are responsible for it as well.

but when i see Jimmy talk about artists being unique, i can only say that he's contradicting himself when looking at the artists signed to interscope.
Jimmy is a smart businessman, but music is also an art.

Matty

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 09:24:02 AM »
sure jimmy is a smart businessman thats a given...but has he really got the vision and awareness of modern culture to keep interscope at the forefront today...

gwen stefani interactive online magazine and puusycat dolls nightclubs....way to go jimmy!!!

how about watering down acts like 50 cent to the extent where the artist is pissed off at their own release, says they will leave the label and sells minimall cds given their past record. jimmy aint that smart.