Author Topic: Chris Paul should be MVP...  (Read 1104 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Chris Paul should be MVP...
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2008, 01:06:17 PM »
Now ask yourself, are the Nuggets making the playoffs in the west?
Yes.

Do you even realize how tight the west currently is? The Phoenix Suns might not even make the playoffs...seriously, it's a stretch to say that the Lakers would make the playoffs minus Kobe.
I didn't say they are guaranteed to make the playoffs, but with Phil coaching it is possible. And I'm not talking about the "T-Wolves technically have a chance to make the playoffs" possible. I mean a legitimate shot possible. Don't forget Gasol led the Grizzlies to 3 consecutive playoffs.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2008, 01:26:19 PM »
Now ask yourself, are the Nuggets making the playoffs in the west?
Yes.

I mean currently...they are out of the playoffs.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2008, 09:12:12 PM »
chris paul has surpassed Nash as the best PG in the game i think
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

SGV

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2008, 08:17:55 AM »

WITH Kobe...Tell me which line up is better?

PG Derek Fisher
SG Sasha Vujacic
SF Lamar Odom
PF Pau Gasol
C Andrew Bynum

OR

PG Anthony Carter
SG Allen Iverson
SF Carmelo Anthony
PF Kenyon Martin
C Marcus Camby

Now ask yourself, are the Nuggets making the playoffs in the west? Do you even realize how tight the west currently is? The Phoenix Suns might not even make the playoffs...seriously, it's a stretch to say that the Lakers would make the playoffs minus Kobe.

I thought you were very knowledgeable? I thought you realized that "on paper talent" does not translate into wins. The Nuggets have an amazing starting 5 on Paper, but in reality, they're just not that great together. The way Bynum was playing this season, coupled with Gasol and a great leader in D.Fish, that Lakers line up would be pretty good. I think it's funny how you're a "huge Laker fan" and big up all these cats like they're the best players in the game, but the moment it becomes a Kobe vs. Lakers thing, you have no faith in the Lakers and ride with Kobe.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2008, 10:24:49 AM »

PG Derek Fisher
SG Sasha Vujacic
SF Lamar Odom
PF Pau Gasol
C Andrew Bynum

OR

PG Anthony Carter
SG Allen Iverson
SF Carmelo Anthony
PF Kenyon Martin
C Marcus Camby

Now ask yourself, are the Nuggets making the playoffs in the west? Do you even realize how tight the west currently is? The Phoenix Suns might not even make the playoffs...seriously, it's a stretch to say that the Lakers would make the playoffs minus Kobe.

I thought you were very knowledgeable? I thought you realized that "on paper talent" does not translate into wins. The Nuggets have an amazing starting 5 on Paper, but in reality, they're just not that great together. The way Bynum was playing this season, coupled with Gasol and a great leader in D.Fish, that Lakers line up would be pretty good. I think it's funny how you're a "huge Laker fan" and big up all these cats like they're the best players in the game, but the moment it becomes a Kobe vs. Lakers thing, you have no faith in the Lakers and ride with Kobe.

ANY team in the western conference playoff race wouldn't make the playoffs without their star player. That's common sense.

WeSTSidE_Don

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2008, 03:46:07 PM »
Chris Pauls numbers agenst the San Antonio Spurs...
26 PTS 17 AST 3 STLS
they beat them down by 25 points.. come on man no one could have predicted the hornets to be in the postion they are this time last year...
chris paul is amazing hes MVP in my eyes

kobe bryant is 6th in the league in turnovers..

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2008, 06:41:13 PM »
Chris Pauls numbers agenst the San Antonio Spurs...
26 PTS 17 AST 3 STLS
they beat them down by 25 points.. come on man no one could have predicted the hornets to be in the postion they are this time last year...
chris paul is amazing hes MVP in my eyes

kobe bryant is 6th in the league in turnovers..

Are you tryna somehow imply that Chris Paul is better than Kobe? He's doing amazing things, no doubt, but he has some time before he's MVP. I honestly think he's closer to Deron Williams than he is to Kobe...PeACe

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2008, 03:47:54 PM »
Chris Paul is one bad motherfucker and just destroyed us last night. :P

SGV

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2008, 09:33:15 AM »
Paul has got the Hornets in virtually the same position as the Lakers right now. He's got strong players around him, but so does Kobe. I could see if there being a huge gap between Kobe and CP if the Hornets were playing making the playoffs, but they are only a half game behind the Lakers (and the Rockets). They're pretty much in the same place right now, IMO. Kobe is long over due for at least one MVP... but this season, with Paul playing like he is, it's gonna be tough...

wcsoldier

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2008, 09:36:42 AM »
the worst thing is Paul isn't in the medias MVP conversation  :-X

D~Nice

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2008, 09:37:54 AM »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2008, 11:10:19 AM »

PG Derek Fisher
SG Sasha Vujacic
SF Lamar Odom
PF Pau Gasol
C Andrew Bynum

OR

PG Anthony Carter
SG Allen Iverson
SF Carmelo Anthony
PF Kenyon Martin
C Marcus Camby

I thought you were very knowledgeable? 

thats where you thought wrong
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2008, 11:11:29 AM »
Chris Paul is one bad motherfucker

lol he sure is.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2008, 10:14:53 AM »
Paul has got the Hornets in virtually the same position as the Lakers right now. He's got strong players around him, but so does Kobe. I could see if there being a huge gap between Kobe and CP if the Hornets were playing making the playoffs, but they are only a half game behind the Lakers (and the Rockets). They're pretty much in the same place right now, IMO. Kobe is long over due for at least one MVP... but this season, with Paul playing like he is, it's gonna be tough...

The teams are in the same position but Kobe is unquestionably the better individual player...People are starting to forget, MVP is not usually rewarded to the best player on the best team, but rather the best player in the league on a strong team...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2008, 10:15:23 AM »

PG Derek Fisher
SG Sasha Vujacic
SF Lamar Odom
PF Pau Gasol
C Andrew Bynum

OR

PG Anthony Carter
SG Allen Iverson
SF Carmelo Anthony
PF Kenyon Martin
C Marcus Camby

I thought you were very knowledgeable? 

thats where you thought wrong

You're the last person on here who can talk about knowledge.