Author Topic: Chris Paul should be MVP...  (Read 1105 times)

SGV

Re: Chris Paul should be MVP...
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2008, 04:51:52 PM »
No. That's not true. I gave you credit on valid arguements. You made arguements that either used past seasons or pure opinion and speculation as "proof." Facts don't lie.

Paul still has Peja, West and Chandler on his team this season. What has changed this season though is the fact that Paul has stepped up his game BIG time. He's beasting on assists and is still doing a great job scoring. Not to mention he's barely 23. This is only his third season in the league.

Last year, Kobe still was able to have a Playoff team, albeit just barely over .500. So, yes, they are in a different place. But, now they're not the same team anymore. Before going down, Bynum was playing well. Ariza came over to give a great spark to the team, as well. And yes, he went down, too. But, the addition of Gasol helped out all situations. It filled the void of a big man AND got rid of Kwame in one shot. Not to mention, Fisher is back home, bringing that veteran leadership. And don't forget the bench is still playing well. Kobe is 10+ year veteran himself with 3 Rings to his name, as a leader of a team he should be expected to do this well. Especially with Phil Jackson as his Coach. With Vlad starting they've not done bad, that's a fact.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2008, 05:10:56 PM »
I will say this about Kobe... this morning at 2 am. when the team plane landed in Dallas, he took Fisher, Farmer and Walton aside... brought them with him to the Dallas arena and had it opened, straight from the plane.. and had everybody shoot practice.   

That's an MVP and beyond...
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2008, 05:34:55 PM »
No. That's not true. I gave you credit on valid arguements. You made arguements that either used past seasons or pure opinion and speculation as "proof." Facts don't lie.

Paul still has Peja, West and Chandler on his team this season. What has changed this season though is the fact that Paul has stepped up his game BIG time. He's beasting on assists and is still doing a great job scoring. Not to mention he's barely 23. This is only his third season in the league.

Last year, Kobe still was able to have a Playoff team, albeit just barely over .500. So, yes, they are in a different place. But, now they're not the same team anymore. Before going down, Bynum was playing well. Ariza came over to give a great spark to the team, as well. And yes, he went down, too. But, the addition of Gasol helped out all situations. It filled the void of a big man AND got rid of Kwame in one shot. Not to mention, Fisher is back home, bringing that veteran leadership. And don't forget the bench is still playing well. Kobe is 10+ year veteran himself with 3 Rings to his name, as a leader of a team he should be expected to do this well. Especially with Phil Jackson as his Coach. With Vlad starting they've not done bad, that's a fact.

Those aren't pros and cons...and I didn't use anything as proof, again, I provided arguments. Accomplishments of the past do factor into MVP talks. That's why Jordan didn't get it for a couple seasons when he was supposed to, because the past was factored into the equation and the fact that MJ already got his share of MVPs in the past was considered...Paul did step his game up drastically, but still not enough to put him on Kobe's level. Kobe is the clear-cut MVP...I'm still waiting for you to provide arguments as to why he isn't.

WeSTSidE_Don

« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2008, 01:41:58 PM »
MVP is not about individual performance its about the person who has become a drastically better player and a player who make the people around him drastically better. That being said if it was about individual performance lebron james would win due to the fact he is leading the league in scoring and he averages more rebounds and assist then kobe bryant. Just incase your curious about set in stone statisics not hypthetical statements that you say are "true" i will post them.
PLAYER NAME, TEAM NAME GP  PTS  PPG REB RPG AST APG Total Avg
1 LeBron James ,  CLE         62 1,916 30.9 502 8.1 462 7.5 2,880 46.4
2 Kobe Bryant ,    LAL         67 1,892 28.2 408 6.1 353 5.3 2,653 39.6
Lebron James has played five fewer games and still has more points then kobe bryant
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 01:50:28 PM by George Jung »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2008, 04:15:41 PM »
MVP is not about individual performance its about the person who has become a drastically better player and a player who make the people around him drastically better. That being said if it was about individual performance lebron james would win due to the fact he is leading the league in scoring and he averages more rebounds and assist then kobe bryant. Just incase your curious about set in stone statisics not hypthetical statements that you say are "true" i will post them.
PLAYER NAME, TEAM NAME GP  PTS  PPG REB RPG AST APG Total Avg
1 LeBron James ,  CLE         62 1,916 30.9 502 8.1 462 7.5 2,880 46.4
2 Kobe Bryant ,    LAL         67 1,892 28.2 408 6.1 353 5.3 2,653 39.6
Lebron James has played five fewer games and still has more points then kobe bryant

It's about becoming a drastically better player? Funny, I thought that was what the MOST IMPROVED PLAYER award was for...The MVP has more to do with individual performances than becoming a drastically better player. LOL. LeBron carries the whole load on his team, which is why evaluating him based off of stats is retarded. Kobe is unquestionably a better scorer and a better defender than LeBron, so LeBron vs. Kobe as far as MVP talks goes should be done. Especially considering Kobe didn't get it the last two years because his team wasn't good enough...Number 1 in the talks is Kobe with an extremely distant Number 2 going to Paul.

WeSTSidE_Don

« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2008, 06:40:57 PM »
^ your biased opinon makes me laugh

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2008, 09:27:33 PM »
Yes...my opinion is biased...Everyone know LeBron is a better player than Kobe. :stupid: