Author Topic: new d.o.c. album in the works  (Read 1086 times)

Drop A Gem On Em

Re: new d.o.c. album in the works
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2008, 11:58:24 PM »
Hope it's true.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2008, 12:27:03 AM »
i run a d.o.c. myspace fanpage (myspace.com/tracycurry)  and the real d.o.c. (myspace.com/7zup) sent me the following email yesterday :

"Wassup kid,, I wanted to put you up on some new info about you.. You're getting pretty close to the end of detox so I'm starting the early process of putting together the people and pieces I need to begin the next D.O.C.. The first D.O.C album produced by Dr. Dre and D.O.C since 1989.. O this album D.O.C will write 13 songs of the greatest quality and have those artist whom the Dr. and I both love and respect to perform the pieces for me.. As you could imagine the usual suspects on the west like Snoop,, Dre,, Cube,, will be involved but I'm traveling all across america to get the best of everything, hence the album's title,, "Global Warming".... I want anyone who loves the golden age of rap to the lovers of todays music to know and I'm putting all the energy needed to reach everybody with what I think were all missing.. I have no need to follow what they do today cuz I've done that.. I'm building what's next.. Help me get em excited about it and let's bring the west back to dominance... Thanks D.O."

are you sure that its the page of the real D.O.C.? i thought that one was another fanmade one too  :-\

besides, the album was supposed to be called voice threw hot vessels.

Never gonna happen.... Dre producing a WHOLE album for a non-mainstream artist. Are you kidding me? Should I remind you of Rakim, King T, Hittman and the list goes on. Anyone who believes this will happen is just waaaay to naive.

that's a bit shallow don't you think? you got things twisted.
dre not producing a whole album has nothing to do with mainstream or not; with the exception of 2001, dre hasn't produced a full album for any artist since the beginning of aftermath(inhouse or outside the camp).

we have yet to see if dre is going to produce full albums again besides detox, but i think D.O.C. has the most chances of all artists; they have a long history together ( NWA, death row, 2001), the D.O.C. is Dre's extra pair of "ears" as he calls it.

anyway, the D.O.C. has confirmed that Dre is going to be executive producer of the album; that doesn't necessarily mean that he produces the whole album, but at least that he's heavily involved in the creation of the album.

I'll have answers for you guys real soon...( ;) hint hint @ an interview.....)
MC Breed interview part 2 right  8)

eastcoastn

« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2008, 03:30:11 AM »
i run a d.o.c. myspace fanpage (myspace.com/tracycurry)  and the real d.o.c. (myspace.com/7zup) sent me the following email yesterday :

"Wassup kid,, I wanted to put you up on some new info about you.. You're getting pretty close to the end of detox so I'm starting the early process of putting together the people and pieces I need to begin the next D.O.C.. The first D.O.C album produced by Dr. Dre and D.O.C since 1989.. O this album D.O.C will write 13 songs of the greatest quality and have those artist whom the Dr. and I both love and respect to perform the pieces for me.. As you could imagine the usual suspects on the west like Snoop,, Dre,, Cube,, will be involved but I'm traveling all across america to get the best of everything, hence the album's title,, "Global Warming".... I want anyone who loves the golden age of rap to the lovers of todays music to know and I'm putting all the energy needed to reach everybody with what I think were all missing.. I have no need to follow what they do today cuz I've done that.. I'm building what's next.. Help me get em excited about it and let's bring the west back to dominance... Thanks D.O."

are you sure that its the page of the real D.O.C.? i thought that one was another fanmade one too  :-\

besides, the album was supposed to be called voice threw hot vessels.

Never gonna happen.... Dre producing a WHOLE album for a non-mainstream artist. Are you kidding me? Should I remind you of Rakim, King T, Hittman and the list goes on. Anyone who believes this will happen is just waaaay to naive.

that's a bit shallow don't you think? you got things twisted.
dre not producing a whole album has nothing to do with mainstream or not; with the exception of 2001, dre hasn't produced a full album for any artist since the beginning of aftermath(inhouse or outside the camp).

we have yet to see if dre is going to produce full albums again besides detox, but i think D.O.C. has the most chances of all artists; they have a long history together ( NWA, death row, 2001), the D.O.C. is Dre's extra pair of "ears" as he calls it.

anyway, the D.O.C. has confirmed that Dre is going to be executive producer of the album; that doesn't necessarily mean that he produces the whole album, but at least that he's heavily involved in the creation of the album.

If Dre made a sextape you would buy it :camp:

Chad

« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2008, 07:00:30 AM »
[/quote]

Rud's got that (and more), so you'll have to ask him about that...
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2008, 08:15:39 AM »
Props Sounds dope.

HEC

« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2008, 09:10:15 AM »
great news, I recently got into "Helter Skelter" again thanks to Dre-Day and Chad and I'm eagerly awaiting his new one

The Real Kilo2

« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2008, 02:04:22 PM »
Helter Skelter was such a fucking heart felt album and it had some of the fucking funniest skits like Kormushell and some really deep political tracks. The D.O.C. killed that album. Sure, he had a raspy voice, but it takes a real hip hop fan to enjoy that album. If I knew how to give props High Eye Cue, I would. Helter Skelter bangs.

CJMacc

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2008, 03:24:50 PM »
THANKS FOR THE INFO... PROPZ....

MR_JV

« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2008, 03:42:37 PM »
hope this is true

driko95

« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2008, 04:40:28 PM »
good news ! ;D

westcity

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2008, 11:35:12 PM »
Helter Skelter was such a fucking heart felt album and it had some of the fucking funniest skits like Kormushell and some really deep political tracks. The D.O.C. killed that album. Sure, he had a raspy voice, but it takes a real hip hop fan to enjoy that album. If I knew how to give props High Eye Cue, I would. Helter Skelter bangs.

its definitely an under-rated album. ..the first half of it is classic

drakeshakenbake

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2008, 09:05:03 AM »
props! great info

Chad Vader

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2008, 03:37:09 PM »
Helter Skelter was such a fucking heart felt album and it
had some of the fucking funniest skits like Kormushell and some really deep political tracks.
The D.O.C killed that album. Sure,he had a raspy voice,but it takes a real hip hop fan to enjoy that album

Check this thread out for more D.O.C and Helter Skelter
reviews,interviews,audio and more  ;)
www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=144128.0

I jacked this from;
DETOX BY THIS SUMMER...D.O.C. ALBUM IN THE WORKS... Ask me how I know...
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=171709.0
You all know of my O.G. homie that I started King Music Group with (King MC)...
He has a Radio Station... Yesterday he interviewed Raje'... Today, he interviewed The D.O.C.... Yall wanna Hear???
01.03.2008 - THE LEGENDARY D.O.C.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/oldschoolradio

« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 03:44:53 PM by Chad Vader Supporter of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2008, 12:56:57 AM »

^^^^
Just finished listening to the radio interview,looks like the OG poster got some legit info.
-According to The D.O.C is dropping around summer/fall.
-he spoke a little on his album and Jerry's book.

yeah i just listened to it too; damn, it took a long time before the interview actually started  :P

too bad the interviewer didn't ask more detailed questions about Jerry's book; i assume he didn't read everything yet, since he just got it via the mail.

anyway, the D.O.C. says he's been working on Detox for 1,5 years now, so i take it that in 2006 the work on Detox really started; before that , it probably was just getting ideas and such. offcourse i'm speculating, but the D.O.C. is an important piece of the puzzle (just look at the past).

by the way, did he say that he's only writing the lyrics on his next soloalbum, and let other people perform?  :-\ i thought he was going to try it again with this voice, now that Dre is involved.

Don Seer

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2008, 04:16:04 AM »

i'm calling BS!

the original post is written in BAD english and sounds like it wasnt written by an english speaker.. it switches from 1st to 3rd person.. another sign of BS.. and a few other tell-tale things.. let this sink.. please! haha