Author Topic: Im gonna go and see ZAPP in concert in 2 weeks  (Read 220 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Im gonna go and see ZAPP in concert in 2 weeks
« on: March 09, 2008, 03:04:40 PM »
Anybody been to a ZAPP show after Roger's passing (RIP)

Im going regardless and will enjoy the show anyways, but just wanted to know what to expect

this is 2 weeks after i saw George Clinton in concert...fucking greatest 3 weeks of my life
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Im gonna go and see ZAPP in concert in 2 weeks
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 03:25:54 PM »
Nice for you. Seeing George Clinton is one of the greatest disappointments in my concert-going bio. Only excuse it was a free concert

Joe Bonanno

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 03:37:08 PM »
but just wanted to know what to expect

I saw Zapp at a small packed nightclub w/out Roger, and it was still very entertaining, theyre all fam so the original vibe is still preserved well, you can expect a never ending medley of their funky shit and some remembrance spiels during the slower jams. 

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 05:20:00 PM »
cool!!!
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 02:50:51 PM »
Nice for you. Seeing George Clinton is one of the greatest disappointments in my concert-going bio. Only excuse it was a free concert

Why is that?

A ZAPP concert should be great...I went to a Stevie Wonder show a couple months back and it was truly a great experience. Old school concerts are usually the best.

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 03:15:18 PM »
ZAPP > Afghanistan community
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

acgrundy

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 05:10:58 PM »
yeah I saw Zapp...it was pretty dope...can't remember a thing about it now though

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 06:42:56 AM »

Why is that?

Well, of course my expectations were pretty high because Parliament/Funkadelic are the shit, that's a redundant statement. So I was like "shiet, GC for free, open-air on the Piazza Grande Lugano", it just sounded fucking dope, it was part of a big cultural all-week event in the Southern Swiss City of Lugano in the middle of summer, so you had this great mediterranean setting and much more importantly this great artist coming up, so we all were in a pretty good mood when the show started (me and a bunch of friends).

It started off nicely with Clinton and his huge crew on stage doing some standard funk stuff and also a few classics. But the longer they played (they played for pretty long), the more boring and watered-down the stuff became until after like an hour the show basically consisted of unnecessarily long shallow pop songs ("pop" in a negative sense right here, not in a Beatles sense) that sounded like a late-70's disco revival gone wrong, mixed with repetitive attempts to imitate the current Billboard top 10. After they'd played "Flashlight", everything was in that vein and while it's cool to see musicians do a 2.5 hour show, it sucks when 60% of it is worse than anything you heard from the artist before....but if it hadn't been George Clinton I'd have probably just considered it an average concert and ok-to-have-seen-for-free. But eh, it was George Clinton.