Author Topic: Snoop's new Ego Trippin album is garbage!  (Read 1071 times)

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Snoop's new Ego Trippin album is garbage!
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2008, 04:55:27 PM »
Cool is the greatest Snoop track ever.

The Black Bossalini

• 'G'
  • SHE'S ALL I GOT, SHE'S A GANGSTA!!
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2008, 05:01:58 PM »
I have to disagree.  While I don't think its anywhere near classic level, I do like what he did on this record.  Only about 4 tracks I don't like, everything else I can dig.  There are plenty of tracks that are really good:

Press Play
SD Is Out
Neva Have To Worry (how can you not like this one?)
Sexual Eruption
Life Of Tha Party (really grew on me)
Waste Of Time (dope as fuck)
Sets Up
Deez Hollywood Nights
My Medicine
Those Gurlz
One Chance (Make It Good)
Can't Say Goodbye

All those tracks are fire.  The others are average.  I really don't like Gangsta Like Me, Let It Out, Riding In My Chevy and hate to say it but Cool.  Maybe they will grow on me but those are the only ones I'm skipping.  Everything else I like.  It think you're being way too hard on the record.  Listen again.

i feel the same too

PLANT

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2008, 05:05:30 PM »
the new Snoop album is crazy!  "Never Hafta Worry" and "Cant Say Goodbye" are prolly top 10 Snoop tracks of all time maybe.  "Press Play", "SD is Out" "Whateva You Do" "Cool" are fuckin nuts!  People who dont like this album have REAL BAD TASTE in music IMO.  Either wanabe gangsters or some people who want Doggystyle part 2 dont like this album. 

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2008, 05:12:29 PM »
The last album has some decents tracks like Vato.... but this shit is garbage! appart from the Dj Quik track, and SD Is Out this album isnt worth harddrive space!

Hell yeah i thought the shit was garbage this nigga is the opposite of wine he gets worse with age

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

MasLoc aka Massolocco

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2008, 05:16:44 PM »
I personal thing its a Good album... from a growth prespective.... i like gangsta snoop no doubt... but contemporary snoopy aint bad... there is a lil bit for everyone on this record.... in xxl snoop said he want to make something for everyone kinda how kanye dun it... from that angle i think he did good. i didnt care much for the track for his wife.... but i aint doggin it... im sure she should enjoy it... she must be EgO Trippin of  everyone in the world who heard this record having to hear snoop's love song to her....   but we dont need to hear that shit...  but fuck it... He'z Ego Trippin. I wouldnt give a fuck either... niggah making money regardless 8)... of what we say on this forum.  

GERMONE

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2008, 06:25:47 PM »
i thought it was pretty good, not the best ive heard in a while, but consistent with most of his albums. i like how he did some expirimenting.

i think the only people who call this album garbage are the ones who still havent let go of that g-funk sound. just like east coast heads who still havent let go of boom bap. its not 93' no more, and snoop aint 19 or 20 either....its time to accept a little change for once.

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2008, 06:41:44 PM »
i thought it was pretty good, not the best ive heard in a while, but consistent with most of his albums. i like how he did some expirimenting.

i think the only people who call this album garbage are the ones who still havent let go of that g-funk sound. just like east coast heads who still havent let go of boom bap. its not 93' no more, and snoop aint 19 or 20 either....its time to accept a little change for once.

What a Fuckin Shot At The G-FUNK Heads In Here

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

messi19

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2008, 06:57:29 PM »

Its not that. Look at the difference between a Jay-Z, Nas etc and Snoop. Dude is basically a R&B singer or something, he dont have to rap about gangsta shit. He can rap about shit thats going on in his life, or in the world in a lyricial way or some. Let's keep it real its Snoops name and style thats been keepin him "alive" ever since Doggstyle, even though a couple of his albums were pretty good.

GERMONE

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2008, 07:36:58 PM »

its not that i mean to diss because i grew up on g-funk, but i accepted a long time ago that its outdated. its time for the west to develop a new sound. the south did, and look what happened...although they are sort of at the end of their momentum. the spotlight is up for grabs if another region can musically change thier sound into something fresh.

GERMONE

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2008, 07:47:25 PM »

Its not that. Look at the difference between a Jay-Z, Nas etc and Snoop. Dude is basically a R&B singer or something, he dont have to rap about gangsta shit. He can rap about shit thats going on in his life, or in the world in a lyricial way or some. Let's keep it real its Snoops name and style thats been keepin him "alive" ever since Doggstyle, even though a couple of his albums were pretty good.

i wouldnt call snoop an r&b singer just because of two songs. i think a lot of whats going on in his life was covered on this album in one way or another. either way i still think people want him to make another doggystyle and its just not gonna happen, dude is almost 40.

arthurnelson88

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • RIP Buster
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2008, 08:00:21 PM »

its not that i mean to diss because i grew up on g-funk, but i accepted a long time ago that its outdated. its time for the west to develop a new sound. the south did, and look what happened...although they are sort of at the end of their momentum. the spotlight is up for grabs if another region can musically change thier sound into something fresh.

the south is NOWHERE near the end of their momentum, ol'skool hip hop heads wanna believe that but it aint goin' nowhere, actualy they mite b tha only 1's hear when the game of hip hop is out of tha mainstream.  they got EVERYTHING in tha south from OG scratch and MC rappers 2 party anthem (t)rappers.  tha east and tha west r in a box, if u go outside that domain then ur ALREADY FINISHED, look at how ppl are Trippin' off Ego Trippin and Snoop is an OG in tha game- not even just tha west coast.... but then again this is only dubcc so it's expected.  MOST  ppl on here just wanta say some negative shit 2 start a conversation, but in all reality they recognize tha good shit thats bein' put out there.  if u notice its ALWAYS tha SAME complaints- its never really anything LEGITAMIT 2 put out there and say besides.... oh he shoulda did that or it doesnt have that sound or its tha same ol bullshit thats already out thats been put out 10000000 times or fuck it its just wack... its all BULLSHIT
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 08:05:13 PM by arthurnelson88 »
I only fuck with 10's

D~Nice

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2008, 08:07:13 PM »
Ok the Snoop Ego Trippin threads are getting a little out of hand.

Bottom Line- You dig it or you don't. You can analyze why someone likes/dislikes a album till your face turns as blue as this forum, but everybody has a opinion and ya really can't change it too much if you wanted to.

arthurnelson88

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • RIP Buster
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2008, 08:10:20 PM »
^^^ agreed.  but most ppl are bored out there fuckin minds 2 b postin on here like that or its just tha fact that theres a lack of substance on this board and ppl waanaa change it.  i still c new threads on CMW's 1st album and Doggystyle so i guess its wats expected.
I only fuck with 10's

D~Nice

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2008, 08:13:10 PM »
^^^ agreed.  but most ppl are bored out there fuckin minds 2 b postin on here like that or its just tha fact that theres a lack of substance on this board and ppl waanaa change it.  i still c new threads on CMW's 1st album and Doggystyle so i guess its wats expected.

I don't mind the threads about older albums. But 100 threads on Ego Trippin is cool/garbage and 10 pages of yes it is, no it's not and fuck you is getting out of hand.

GERMONE

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2008, 08:19:25 PM »

the south is NOWHERE near the end of their momentum, ol'skool hip hop heads wanna believe that but it aint goin' nowhere, actualy they mite b tha only 1's hear when the game of hip hop is out of tha mainstream.  they got EVERYTHING in tha south from OG scratch and MC rappers 2 party anthem (t)rappers.  tha east and tha south r in a box, if u go outside that domain then ur ALREADY FINISHED, look at how ppl are Trippin' off Ego Trippin and Snoop is an OG in tha game- not even just tha west coast.... but then again this is only dubcc so it's expected.  MOST  ppl on here just wanta say some negative shit 2 start a conversation, but in all reality they recognize tha good shit thats bein' put out there.  if u notice its ALWAYS tha SAME complaints- its never really anything LEGITAMIT 2 put out there and say besides.... oh he shoulda did that or it doesnt have that sound or its tha same ol bullshit thats already out thats been put out 10000000 times or fuck it its just wack... its all BULLSHIT

it sort of is getting near the end considering that southern artists arent selling like they used to. they have the radio on lock tho. i'd say from about 04-06 was the peak of thier run. they got a rapper who had the #1 song in the whole country and still couldnt hit plat, ross might not even top the success of his last album, young joc flopped, shop boyz flopped, webbie and boosie flopped, shawty lo flopped, and lil jon still cant secure a release date for his album.

thats why im sayin any region who can reinvent thier sound to something fresh and catchy will eventually take over. im not hating, but just callin it like it is.