Author Topic: The Game Releases Statement  (Read 904 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The Game Releases Statement
« on: March 13, 2008, 10:11:16 AM »
“I apologize for the conflicting news on my release, but due to the sensitive negotiations on this matter I felt it appropriate not to give an exact date on my release. I am truly grateful to my attorney, family and management for doing a great job in this respect. Upon my release I went directly to the studio with producers Cool & Dre and recorded several records including my street record ‘Big Dreams.’ Thank you to all my fans as well for the support.”

-- The Game

‘Big Dreams’ will be serviced to DJ’s on Tuesday, March 18th and will be preceding The Game’s first single off of his new album titled L.A.X (Los Angeles Times), which is scheduled for release in June 2008.

Source: www.yoraps.com
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

Webby05

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: The Game Releases Statement
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 10:13:50 AM »
Game dont sound himself lol

Looking forward to Big Dreams

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 10:14:56 AM »
Good news about the street single  8)

But they're milking this prison thing like crazy  :-X

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 10:15:24 AM »
No way in hell that Game actually wrote that. LOL...those are clearly words from a lawyer.
Anyhow...good to hear that "Big Dreams" will be released soon 8)

Okka

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 10:29:16 AM »

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 10:30:37 AM »
Good news about the street single  8)

ps, Wheres Elano??? lol.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 10:32:54 AM by es-jay »

messi19

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 10:41:09 AM »
lol u can tell someone else wrote that hahaaha..

but gyeeeah nukkas lets hope this a dope track.. 8)

West West..we comin!

Edit: i dont see the shit on that source though..??
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 10:49:30 AM by messi19 »

Cali_Raized

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 10:48:02 AM »
Damn great news! cant wait for that street single to drop

messi19

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 10:53:54 AM »
The fuck? I dont see that shit there..i think this nigga wants to promote that site? Why would Game release a statment on yoraps? and i dont even see the shit.

Matter fact, why would he go in to the studio if he's already done with his album?

If u lyin then ure a lame ass dude, if not my bad.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 10:56:34 AM by messi19 »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 11:00:51 AM »
The fuck? I dont see that shit there..i think this nigga wants to promote that site? Why would Game release a statment on yoraps? and i dont even see the shit.

Matter fact, why would he go in to the studio if he's already done with his album?

Now that you said it, I can't see this posted anywhere on yoraps.com  >:(

EDIT: Sohh.com posted the same:

After conflicting reports surfaced earlier this week saying The Game had been freed from Los Angeles' Twin Towers Correctional Facility, the California rapper has issued a statement confirming his early release.

Seeking to resolve the confusion that ensued after members of his camp denied TMZ reports stating he had been released early, The Game made the following announcement via his spokesperson:

"I apologize for the conflicting news on my release, but due to the sensitive negotiations on this matter I felt it appropriate not to give an exact date on my release," The Game said. "I am truly grateful to my attorney, family and management for doing a great job in this respect."

"Upon my release I went directly to the studio with producers Cool & Dre and recorded several records including my street record 'Big Dreams,'" he added. "Thank you to all my fans as well for the support."
SOHH previously spoke with The Game's manager Jimmy "Henchman" Rosemond, following the TMZ reports. Henchman told SOHH that while he wasn't sure which county jail The Game was incarcerated in Monday, reports of an early release were premature and the rapper was not expected to be released until April.

The Game reported to prison on March 2nd to serve a two month sentence, however sources predicted he might not even be required to serve half of that time.

The Game's street record "Big Dreams" will be serviced to DJ's on Tuesday, March 18th, in advance of the first single release from his upcoming album L.A.X, which is scheduled for release in June 2008.

EDIT: so did MTV.COMso it's official

The Game released a statement Thursday (March 13) confirming that he was in fact released from prison last weekend, and apologized for the conflicting reports earlier this week regarding his status.

"I apologize for the conflicting news on my release, but due to the sensitive negotiations on this matter I felt it appropriate not to give an exact date on my release," the statement reads. "I am truly grateful to my attorney, family and management for doing a great job in this respect. Upon my release I went directly to the studio with producers Cool & Dre and recorded several records, including my street record 'Big Dreams.' Thank you to all my fans as well for the support."

Earlier in the week his attorney confirmed in an e-mail to MTV News that the rapper was dismissed from his scheduled 60-day sentence after only eight days due to overcrowding at the facility. The rapper's management, however, issued a statement later that day claiming Game had been transferred to another facility, causing confusion about his whereabouts. A prison official at the Twin Towers Correctional Facility confirmed to MTV News the rapper had in fact been released on Sunday and was not transferred.

The Los Angeles native (real name: Jayceon Taylor) checked into the Twin Towers on March 2 to serve a sentence for a felony charge of possession of a firearm in a school zone.

The felony gun charge stemmed from an incident that occurred in California in February 2007. Prosecutors argued Game punched a bystander and threatened him with a gun during a pickup basketball game at the Rita Walters Educational Learning Complex in Los Angeles. The rapper wasn't arrested for the incident until three months later, when police searched his home for three hours in connection with the incident.

In February of this year, Game pleaded no contest to the charges and was sentenced to prison and ordered to complete 150 hours of community service and serve three years' probation. The rapper was originally on the hook for three counts of making criminal threats and possessing a firearm in a school zone. Two of the charges were later dropped in a plea deal, and the rapper then pleaded no contest to the firearm possession.

According to a publicity rep for Game's management, "Big Dreams" will be serviced to DJs beginning March 18. His next album, L.A.X. Times, is due in June.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 11:32:01 AM by Meho »

woods

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 11:25:00 AM »
Looking forward to hearing some new music from Game,

hope thats the case now that he's a free man, lol!

messi19

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 12:07:12 PM »

Now that you said it, I can't see this posted anywhere on yoraps.com  >:(

EDIT: Sohh.com posted the same:

After conflicting reports surfaced earlier this week saying The Game had been freed from Los Angeles' Twin Towers Correctional Facility, the California rapper has issued a statement confirming his early release.

Seeking to resolve the confusion that ensued after members of his camp denied TMZ reports stating he had been released early, The Game made the following announcement via his spokesperson:

"I apologize for the conflicting news on my release, but due to the sensitive negotiations on this matter I felt it appropriate not to give an exact date on my release," The Game said. "I am truly grateful to my attorney, family and management for doing a great job in this respect."

"Upon my release I went directly to the studio with producers Cool & Dre and recorded several records including my street record 'Big Dreams,'" he added. "Thank you to all my fans as well for the support."
SOHH previously spoke with The Game's manager Jimmy "Henchman" Rosemond, following the TMZ reports. Henchman told SOHH that while he wasn't sure which county jail The Game was incarcerated in Monday, reports of an early release were premature and the rapper was not expected to be released until April.

The Game reported to prison on March 2nd to serve a two month sentence, however sources predicted he might not even be required to serve half of that time.

The Game's street record "Big Dreams" will be serviced to DJ's on Tuesday, March 18th, in advance of the first single release from his upcoming album L.A.X, which is scheduled for release in June 2008.

EDIT: so did MTV.COMso it's official

The Game released a statement Thursday (March 13) confirming that he was in fact released from prison last weekend, and apologized for the conflicting reports earlier this week regarding his status.

"I apologize for the conflicting news on my release, but due to the sensitive negotiations on this matter I felt it appropriate not to give an exact date on my release," the statement reads. "I am truly grateful to my attorney, family and management for doing a great job in this respect. Upon my release I went directly to the studio with producers Cool & Dre and recorded several records, including my street record 'Big Dreams.' Thank you to all my fans as well for the support."

Earlier in the week his attorney confirmed in an e-mail to MTV News that the rapper was dismissed from his scheduled 60-day sentence after only eight days due to overcrowding at the facility. The rapper's management, however, issued a statement later that day claiming Game had been transferred to another facility, causing confusion about his whereabouts. A prison official at the Twin Towers Correctional Facility confirmed to MTV News the rapper had in fact been released on Sunday and was not transferred.

The Los Angeles native (real name: Jayceon Taylor) checked into the Twin Towers on March 2 to serve a sentence for a felony charge of possession of a firearm in a school zone.

The felony gun charge stemmed from an incident that occurred in California in February 2007. Prosecutors argued Game punched a bystander and threatened him with a gun during a pickup basketball game at the Rita Walters Educational Learning Complex in Los Angeles. The rapper wasn't arrested for the incident until three months later, when police searched his home for three hours in connection with the incident.

In February of this year, Game pleaded no contest to the charges and was sentenced to prison and ordered to complete 150 hours of community service and serve three years' probation. The rapper was originally on the hook for three counts of making criminal threats and possessing a firearm in a school zone. Two of the charges were later dropped in a plea deal, and the rapper then pleaded no contest to the firearm possession.

According to a publicity rep for Game's management, "Big Dreams" will be serviced to DJs beginning March 18. His next album, L.A.X. Times, is due in June.

Props. Damn im gettin confused with all these rumours. I think they doin it on purpose.

Invincible

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 12:10:29 PM »
good to hear that "Big Dreams" will be released soon 8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 12:15:36 PM »
well he's a mainstream rapper after all...

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 01:02:04 PM »
woah, can't wait  8)