Author Topic: That's it, I officially declare Vinnie Paz (JMT) Hip-Hop's Current Illest Emcee  (Read 78 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
That's it ya'll... I been thinking it ever since blade hooked me up with "Razorblade Serenity" and "Uncommon Valor" last summer, but I've been sampling track after track lately, and after hearing this one "Heavy Metal Kings" it's official. 

This dude has dethroned Nas.  Nas ain't really that dope no more.  I mean, Nas had a great concept for his last album, but he failed to see it through in my opinion.  He's living off his past successes, Illmatic, Stillmatic, God's Son, etc... but he's not the man no more.  Vinnie Paz is. 

Seriously, who is iller than Vinnie Paz.  Who can rip a track harder than Vinnie Paz?  Who brings a better combination of emotion, stength, sensitivity, and intelligence?   Immortal Technique?  Well, Immortal Technique is too arrogant, and he comes hard, but he can't finesse the mic like Vinnie Paz can.  Vinnie Paz can even make you cry, like in songs such as "Razorblade Serenity". 

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sikotic™

He's not even close to Nas. I think Vinnie is the weakest in JMT. That's why they put Jus Allah back in the group. When he's not annoying on tracks, he can be a decent emcee.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
He's not even close to Nas. I think Vinnie is the weakest in JMT. That's why they put Jus Allah back in the group. When he's not annoying on tracks, he can be a decent emcee.

No way man.... Vinnie is a beast on the mic man.  How can you say he ain't the illest in Jedi Mind Tricks?  Jus Allah is dope, but some of Jus Allah's lyrics are too Satanic.... Vinnie is a righteous dude.

Sikotic™

I dunno, it could be just me, but on some songs dude gets on my nerves. A lot of his stuff on Visions of Gandhi is sick though.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I dunno, it could be just me, but on some songs dude gets on my nerves. A lot of his stuff on Visions of Gandhi is sick though.

It took me some time to get used to his style.  I didn't like his voice so I thought he was the weakest link.  I think I was listening to the same 4 or 5 songs Blade origionally sent me for a few months off and on, before I really got into Vinnie Paz.  You start to respect that everytime he comes he comes with great intensity and focus in his lyrics.  He doesn't do anything halfway.  At first it's kind of imposing.  I can't see a dude like him being mainstream.  Unless the white alternative community somehow decides to show him love.  But just looking at him, he's a fat Italian Muslim dude and his rhymes are offensive to some.