The best there ever will be?

Yes
16 (37.2%)
No
25 (58.1%)
If Meech Wells produced Doggystyle, it would have been better
2 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Is it safe to say there will never be an album better then Doggystyle???  (Read 1301 times)

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Dre at her peak...

Her...? ;D :rubeyes:

Common now...that's back in the 80s lol. it WAS hot back then to be all feminine like that lol. It was just a phase  :P

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Dre at her peak...

Her...? ;D :rubeyes:

Common now...that's back in the 80s lol. it WAS hot back then to be all feminine like that lol. It was just a phase  :P

LMAO @ the pic of Dre in ya avi

can't help but laugh at how fake that nigga is
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

HEC

I don't think the fact that the kid doesn't have the album or never seen the picture means anything, there are a lot of pics I am seeing for the first time and I've been a hip hop fan since 1990

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Seriously - stating something like this is only showing your belief that Hip-Hop cant evolve and progress and get better - what you are in a sense saying is that it peaked in '93 and will never improve again - if thats your belief then why be a fan?

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Fresco

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
I would say yes, since there are albums better than Doggystyle already out.  Doggystyle is def. in the top 10 of all time, but not the best ever....All Eyez On Me is probably the best.
Lol good joke homie ;D

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
That was the group style of electro-rap, but true a lot of the early 80's rap style was weird. Look at the stuff that Grand Master Flash & The Furious 5 and Afrika Bambaataa used to wear... Music was dope though. Even the World Class Wreckin' Cru with Juice & Surgery....

As for Doggystyle.... all time classic. Best ever? I don't know. I still rate Amerikkka's Most Wanted, It Takes A Nation Of Millions, Licensed To Ill and Paid In Full somewhat higher. Regardless, it's high on my all-time classic list.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Si-Chiggedy

I don't understand this thread... Do you want to say that "Doggystyle" is the best album ever? Then this is another of those "groupie threads"... there are a bunch of albums that are better than or equal to the music on Doggystyle. I don't get why people think "Doggystyle" is THE album... musically it's not better than other G-Funk albums from that time. I even think Snoop would have had a better album as his debut when didn't had this murder case and would have released an album 1995. I mean, there are albums like this:
MC Eiht - We Come Strapped
CMW - Straight Checkn 'Em
DJ Quik - Safe & Sound
Foesum - Perfection
Mr. X - Mr. X
etc. I could continue...

These are all albums playing in the same league. I don't see why there would be ONE album being on top. Sure, everybody has his own opinion and taste, so for example everybody has his own favourite album of all time. For me it's MC Eiht's "We Come Strapped" but that has to do with personal relation to that, or happnenings to that time... those factors you know? But I don't say it's the best album ever, I know musically you can find a lotta similar albums, stylewise and qualitywise. It's just that I feel this the most.
So, NO, "Doggystyle" is not the best record ever.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 10:49:58 AM by Si-Chill aka Si-Chiggedy Early Pops His Collar »
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Tha Crip

best rap album in the history of the world  8)...imo
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

Hazzard

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I don't understand this thread... Do you want to say that "Doggystyle" is the best album ever? Then this is another of those "groupie threads"....

cause he is the biggest snoop groupie on this forum  :laugh:

do you sleep in snoop doggy dogg bedclothes Long Beach Iz Active?
if she swallow during brains, that's game she soaking up!

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I think Doggystyle is as dope as it gets, I'd be surprised if anything tops it, hopefully Detox

LOL at the confusion you're displaying by the way - you praise Dre, then diss him, praise him again, then diss him... then diss Gangstarr LOL!! Make up your mind, you're either a) a hiphop fan and you know what you're talking about, or b) you're a moron - pick one and stick with it already

Also with 'studio gangstas' - who cares if they've killed someone or not, the top 100 MCs and producers ever never killed nobody, they're just dope on the mic and beats... the real killers out there are either dead themselves or in jail and don't even make hiphop
why is it confusion? he states the shit that dre did is good and the shit he did that was fake/lame, that's something alot of cats don't seem to understand,just cause you support an artist doesn't mean you should not admit the truth about em, a perfect example is game, i do the  same shit with dude and cats automatically think i'm just trying to diss him,shit the truth hurts then she gets dropped word to aftermath haha. and everyone who killed somone is not dead or in jail, and some do rap,just not a large percentage, shit happens but who gives a fucc (lo key free post) from me haha yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp