Author Topic: now this is what i call flop!!  (Read 418 times)

Invincible

Re: now this is what i call flop!!
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 10:49:18 AM »
y'all call fat joe a flop?? man, he's doin good compared to people like pete rock and hi-tek...both sold like 10k in their first week, THAT's a flop!

No it isn't. Fat Joe had a radio single with J.Holiday, a street single with Weezy and decent promotion and only sold 46000 first week. Pete Rock and Hi-Tek have no singles and only internet promotion.

That is still really dissapointing though. Both them albums are pretty good, whereas Fat Joe got a load of leftover beats by the sound of it. The Primo track aint bad but it sounds like a beat he just dug out of his recycle bin and gave it to Joe. But still the album aint that bad.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 10:51:22 AM by dopewhiterapper »

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: now this is what i call flop!!
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2008, 01:52:10 PM »
the unit got a lot of you all brainwashed. Since when does the amount of records you sell become directly proportionate to the quality of the music? Mc Hammer sold millions of records, (so did vanilla ice) but that doesnt mean they had classic albums.Hell, i dont even think paid in full by eric b and rakim went platinum. sales used to be a good way to tell how many people were interested in the music but now and days, that isnt true anymore. More albums get downloaded than actually purchased.

Tell them the truth dawg! Props.  8)