Author Topic: NFL to force haircuts?  (Read 337 times)

Elano

NFL to force haircuts?
« on: March 27, 2008, 12:19:40 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eVO93amUv7Y" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/eVO93amUv7Y</a>
At their meetings in Palm Beach, Fla., next week, NFL owners will consider a proposal to ban players from having hair flow from their helmets below their names on the back of their jerseys.

That might affect Polamalu’s image, but help him on the field. Two seasons ago, the Pittsburgh safety with the long ponytail had his hair grabbed by Kansas City’s Larry Johnson and was thrown to the turf after an interception against the Chiefs.

The rule banning long hair on the field was proposed by Kansas City. It does not require players to get haircuts, but does “require them to tuck it up inside their helmets,” said Atlanta president Rich McKay, chairman of the league’s competition committee.

Polamalu is the best known of the players, most of them defensive backs, with hair flowing outside their helmets. Others include cornerbacks Al Harris of Green Bay and Mike McKenzie of New Orleans.

Because the rule was proposed by a team, the competition committee did not take a position on it. It will be discussed Monday with a package of other rules.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: NFL to force haircuts?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 12:29:44 PM »
No Fun League strikes again...

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 12:45:26 PM »
they should do away with smiles. Fuck smiling.....who do these players think they are?!
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sparegeez

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 12:53:40 PM »
Say bye bye to the dread locks in Green Bay.

But seriously, I doubt this idea will get passed by the owners. It's the stupidest shit I've ever heard them vote on. It would offend too many long haired football fans.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 03:35:02 PM »
if a player wants to have long hair, then so be it.  they know that its legal for the opposing team to grab the hair and tackle em, so its their problem, not the NFLs.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 06:01:10 PM »
good, im tired of seeing all these reggae-ass wannabee motherfuckers running around
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 06:07:27 PM by Hack Wilson »
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 06:16:42 PM »
it won't get passed.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

when it rains it pours

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 09:07:09 PM »
fucking stupid
whats next? players have to cover up tattoos?
fuck the owners

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 09:30:42 PM »
Whats the big deal? Tuck your fuckin hair into your helmet or cut it and get the fuck over it. They are protecting their investment.

Elano

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 11:21:37 PM »
It would offend too many long haired football fans.
:D

Elano

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 11:23:31 PM »
in the nba the players have to cover up the tattoos if i'm not wrong....

when it rains it pours

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 11:41:21 PM »
nah, the players would be playing with full sleeve shirts if that was true, and some would have to wear gloves

Elano

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 11:53:25 PM »
nah, the players would be playing with full sleeve shirts if that was true, and some would have to wear gloves

i've read it somewhere a few years ago,it was an article about iverson..

when it rains it pours

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2008, 12:06:01 AM »

o, nah man, everybody got tats in the nba, i think they would make u cover it up if it said some out of line shit though, ie. "fuck you" or some stuff like that

Elano

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2008, 12:53:55 AM »

o, nah man, everybody got tats in the nba, i think they would make u cover it up if it said some out of line shit though, ie. "fuck you" or some stuff like that

i don't remember well the article,but it was something about "problems with the sponsors"....