Author Topic: Bynum coming back real soon?  (Read 2557 times)

GangstaBoogy

Bynum coming back real soon?
« on: March 30, 2008, 12:22:09 PM »
Pau Gasol participated in a brief scrimmage and Andrew Bynum was told by Coach Phil Jackson he would accompany the team on a two-game trip next week, though he wouldn't necessarily play.

Bynum was doing "really well" in his recovery after working his way through some patellar tendinitis in his injured left knee, Jackson said.

"It's not really connected to his injury per se. It was just the amount of work that he's started to be able to do, which is impressive," Jackson said. "I told him to expect to go on the trip to Sacramento [next Sunday] and Portland [on April 8]. Whether he can play or not, it may not be that time, but he's going to go through the workouts and practices and the pregame and whatever we have."

The Lakers have four regular-season games left after that trip.

Gasol, who has sat out eight games because of a sprained left ankle, took part in a five-minute scrimmage at the team's training facility, but probably won't play tonight against Washington. He could run straight ahead Saturday without any pain but still had trouble planting and cutting, he said.

"It was a first step," he said. "It's still pretty sore. I'm still doubtful. We'll see how it feels [Sunday]."

The Lakers' next game after tonight is Wednesday against Portland.

The Lakers (49-24) could definitely use Gasol after showing an inability to control their home court against lesser teams.

Gasol sat on the bench Friday night, chin often planted on his hand, while watching Memphis, his former team, hit the Lakers with another embarrassing loss at Staples Center.

As has been the case the past few months, there were other injury updates to sift through.

Derek Fisher did not practice Saturday because of a partially torn tendon in his right foot but is expected to play against Washington. Lamar Odom missed practice while continuing to recover from an upper-respiratory infection. Also, Trevor Ariza could begin running in about two weeks. He has been out 35 games because of a broken bone in his right foot.

"If the diagnostics show that he's had healing, he can get where he wants to get to," Jackson said. "He goes and has [medical] pictures every two weeks and if he's got a white line in there that shows it's still not healing, he's got to wait. The last news we had was he could be on the court running approximately two weeks from now."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakerep30mar30,1,5531786.story

Ugh get healthy niggas! It'd suck if Kobe lost the MVP cuz his teammates can't stay healthy.

"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Bynum coming back real soon?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 01:11:58 PM »
Why the hell are you thinking about the MVP when we're going for a ring? LMAO.

Anyways, Bynum could pretty much play right now.. they're just tryna be safe and not rush him back too soon.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 03:45:25 PM »
Because I want him to win it. You do too, you just may not want to admit it.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 03:49:29 PM »
M.V.P. Award :scarface:
Second Round Of The Playoffs is The Goal For This Season.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 06:57:54 PM »
Because I want him to win it. You do too, you just may not want to admit it.

Of course I want him to win it...but it's funny how you say it like it's your main concern. "Oh no! The Lakers are injured! Now Kobe wont get MVP!!!"...LOL.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 11:30:50 PM »
Ehh if thats how you read it whos fault is that? My exact quote was: It'd suck if Kobe lost the MVP cuz his teammates can't stay healthy - which seems to be the general consensus.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 12:49:50 AM »

way to shoot for the stars homie lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 01:45:07 AM »
honestly i'd be happier if we got out the first round and at least give a good fight in the second.  that's all i was hoping for at the beginning of the season. everything else is cherries on top.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 03:31:19 AM »
Why the hell are you thinking about the MVP when we're going for a ring?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 10:10:53 AM »

LOL...Hatesrates can be funny. 2nd round is NOT the goal.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 11:13:42 PM »

nope the goal is holding back San Antonio from playing boston in the finals
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 12:26:38 AM »

Trust me...you much rather face the Spurs than a healthy Laker squad.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 12:30:05 AM »

LOL

yeah, much rather face a the defending champs and a team that is the most battle tested and well equiped for the playoffs then any other team....instead of the Lakers. LOL
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 12:31:54 AM »

LOL

yeah, much rather face a the defending champs and a team that is the most battle tested and well equiped for the playoffs then any other team....instead of the Lakers. LOL

The Spurs have been easy to beat this season. Dude, your team is just too old to repeat...if they couldn't do it in their prime, what makes you think they can do it now?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 03:33:36 PM »
BK will have a formal practice report coming later today, but called me from the freeway to give y'all a Cliffs Notes rundown. In a nutshell, Pau Gasol participated during all of today's practice and assuming there's no negative reaction as a result of said participation, he should be on the court tomorrow against the Blazers. His actual PT is still up in the air, but that would indeed be a step forward. And while Andrew Bynum didn't take part in the practice proceedings, he did run the court today, supporting his body weight in its entirety (as opposed to work on the Lakers' futuristic, space age treadmill, which takes up some of the pressure for him). Obviously, he won't be suiting up tomorrow, but Drew will head out on the road with the team on Saturday, meaning there are hopes alive for action either Sunday in Sacto or a week from today in Portland.

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/

Get ready!