Author Topic: 50 Cent Speaks On G-Unit's Finances (talks about Buck too....)  (Read 333 times)

Elano

With MTV’s seemingly endless coverage on 50 Cent, their latest interview with the head of G-Unit allowed him to address the financial rumors of each member and why his relationship with the crew is more like a band of brothers.

A recent online interview on YoRaps with Young Buck claiming he never received a royalty check from his record sales sparked a massive rush of rumors across the Internet. Even after manager Sha Money XL countered Buck’s statements saying they were false, skeptical views developed. 50 Cent addressed these rumors and explained how each G-Unit member has profited.

“Each person in G-Unit has earned over $10 million in their career at this point. Outside of the guys that didn’t release product—M.O.P., Spider Loc, Olivia—the guys that had their projects go out physically,” he said.

While members like Lloyd Banks and Young Buck released their projects as far back as 2004 (The Hunger For More, Welcome to Cashville), as well as 15 years of Mobb Deep product, many entertainers easily spend millions yearly. 50 acknowledged this fact and admitted that what happened with their money is solely upon them.

“I didn’t say they have $10 million, I said they’ve seen $10 million. What they did with their paper, I don’t know,” 50 said.

Continuing to address the Young Buck rumors and the stability of the group as a whole, 50 offered his explanation for why their status has seemed overly dramatized.

“I think you have to give them something to blow it out of proportion. Buck did that. I think that what he was saying, in order to validate himself as a man, he feels he has to go against what I’m doing, similar to some of the things we’ve seen from Game,” he said.

While stating that his relationship with Buck is much deeper than the one between himself and Game, 50 explained Buck’s loyalty and how he has to play the big brother role amongst the entire group.

“He’ll back off of it, when we’re in direct conversation. When he’s out in public, he’ll say something. They’re like my younger brothers, but they’ll do shit for attention. They’ll do things, then when I look like, ‘What are you doing?’, they’ll be like, ‘Oh, nah, because you was doing this… [or] Because you didn’t call me when you were on the international tour.’ I’m like, ‘Are you kidding me? You didn’t call me neither,' so what does that mean?” 50 concluded.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
Re: 50 Cent Speaks On G-Unit's Finances (talks about Buck too....)
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 11:27:15 AM »
he's right about the buck thing, i can't picture him having success outside the unit

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 06:32:06 PM »
Some people might say 50 Cent just stirs conflicts up, but to be honest, it seems like he's one of the few people who's not afraid to call it like he sees it about anybody, no exceptions.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 06:51:06 PM »
he's right about the buck thing, i can't picture him having success outside the unit

of course he can...id say g-unit is holdin him back from greater success than he has, IMO.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 07:03:55 PM »
Some people might say 50 Cent just stirs conflicts up, but to be honest, it seems like he's one of the few people who's not afraid to call it like he sees it about anybody, no exceptions.

Wait till he is dropping an album homie

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 07:25:07 PM »
That's true; that's why I said, "Some people might say he just stirs conflicts up".

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 08:14:33 PM »

Real talk!!!

Elano

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 12:10:12 PM »

Wait till he is dropping an album homie

do you think young buck can't release an album on his own ?