Author Topic: Mario Kart Wii, who's getting it?  (Read 235 times)

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
Re: Mario Kart Wii, who's getting it?
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2008, 03:38:27 PM »
england. released today in europe (japan tommorow). we got it early partly to make up for smash bros i think. it aint out and aint even got a release date yet...

nice nice, let us know how it is ;)

I got it too, i had second thoughts yesterday to buy it, but the first thing i thought of when i woke up was Mario Kart so i had to go buy it. Good thing i reserved it Thursday ;) IT WAS SOLD OUT LIKE A BITCH EVERYWHERE :|

Down where i live we have a big Game store, Gamestation, Woolworths, Argos, etc etc. Mario Kart was under big demand apparently.

But yeah, to me this is a seriously decent mario kart of the series, only one or two things annoy me about this so far...

1) No more 2P Grand Prix? WTF  >:(
2) Lol the computer is even more determined to make you not have 1st place, the Pow block and blue shells are the new 'common annoyances'.
3) I like the addition of races with 12 people, but so far i've gotten into 100cc, and believe me when you take hits and you haven't pulled away far enough, you pay for it lool. On rainbow road i actually finished 10th....But i won the cup overall lol.

Buy it, you won't go wrong.

Oh btw i use the Gamecube pad to drive about, fuck the gimmick with the steering wheel, there's no room for amatuers when you go online.  8)
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

Matty

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2008, 07:01:33 PM »
yeah GC controller all the way. i went into the local GAME today and it was sold out, i had a good chuckle when i saw that. i aint had time to play it though i keep falling alseep after work. from what i could see the sliding system has changed a lot though. they've dumbed it down so you cant do it all the time, which is annoying. im sure plenty of expert techniques will be developed but taking out the powersliding system is majorly annoying. that was what seperated the wack players from anyone remotely good on the 64, GC and DS versions. funny thing is as the DS version went online all these people started saying that sliding, or 'snaking' was actually cheating and exploiting the game mechanics, cause the people who couldn't do it were getting their asses whooped. and it seems like nintendo must have listened to those fools...

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2008, 07:46:00 PM »
england. released today in europe (japan tommorow). we got it early partly to make up for smash bros i think. it aint out and aint even got a release date yet...

I got it too, i had second thoughts yesterday to buy it, but the first thing i thought of when i woke up was Mario Kart so i had to go buy it. Good thing i reserved it Thursday ;) IT WAS SOLD OUT LIKE A BITCH EVERYWHERE :|

Down where i live we have a big Game store, Gamestation, Woolworths, Argos, etc etc. Mario Kart was under big demand apparently.

But yeah, to me this is a seriously decent mario kart of the series, only one or two things annoy me about this so far...

2) Lol the computer is even more determined to make you not have 1st place, the Pow block and blue shells are the new 'common annoyances'.
3) I like the addition of races with 12 people, but so far i've gotten into 100cc, and believe me when you take hits and you haven't pulled away far enough, you pay for it lool. On rainbow road i actually finished 10th....But i won the cup overall lol.

Oh btw i use the Gamecube pad to drive about, fuck the gimmick with the steering wheel, there's no room for amatuers when you go online.  8)

wow no more 2P grand prix??
so you have to just race then pick the next race then pick the next one etc?
thats wierd

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2008, 04:53:26 PM »

wow no more 2P grand prix??
so you have to just race then pick the next race then pick the next one etc?
thats wierd

Yeap. I've always enjoyed 2P Grand Prix races to be honest. Having that removed was evil, but they made up for it for having online 2P on the same screen thing. That's a nice addition. I need to test online sometime :).

LMFAO at the Game people who tried hustling me into buying a piece of plastic for £5 (That stupid wii wheel but Game branded)
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

juandoe

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 01:17:07 AM »
got it great.