Author Topic: When And How Did You Start To Support Your Club (Soccer)  (Read 637 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
When And How Did You Start To Support Your Club (Soccer)
« on: April 05, 2008, 09:56:36 AM »
Are you from the area / city where your club resides?
Was it an outstanding player?
Was it because you liked the (color of the) kit?
Did your big brother / father / friends support the club?
Or was it maybe because everbody supported the big clubs and u chose a smaller one?

kemizt

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: When And How Did You Start To Support Your Club (Soccer)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 10:01:47 AM »
I might aswell start.

Well, I don't really remember the date / year - but it has to be the 94-95 season, cause I chose Arsenal simply because of the kit:

And this was my first kit aswell. Classic shirt.

kemizt

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 12:29:52 PM »
my Dad took me to see Bradford City for the first time when I was about 6. got a season ticket shortly after, only stopped going every week once I hit 14 or so... too expensive (lol, i know) and jobs n shit.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 01:41:26 PM »
It was in 95'- I was 8 or nine when I started to support my club. My uncle and my older cousin had some influence on my decision, but it was basicially because of the squad we had then: Matthias Sammer, Kalle Riedle, Julio Cesar, Michael Zorc, Chapuisat...
I didn't choose Dortmund because of the colors, but they're amazing too.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 05:47:42 PM »
Well im a Tottenham fan, but my whole family is from East London, so the majority of them support West Ham.. but as i was growing up, good friends of my family were die hard tottenham fans and where i use to spend so much time with them at their house i started following them, then when i was 5/6 spurs won the FA Cup  :) and ive never stop'd supporting them..

Lunatic

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 09:35:13 PM »
honestly, when i met a bunch of the players (but to my credit i was always a soccer fan and still very young when it happened - like 11).
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

wcsoldier

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 12:05:48 AM »
FC Metz til 94.. live 15 mins from the town , my dad , uncles were long time fans and I think rooting for a different team than your town one ( of course if there is one ..) doesn't make any sense

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 03:43:26 AM »
FC Metz til 94.. live 15 mins from the town , my dad , uncles were long time fans and I think rooting for a different team than your town one ( of course if there is one ..) doesn't make any sense

true that, im about 40 mins from Bradford and Leeds, my father obviously influenced my decision to choose the Claret and Amber. i would have been disowned if i had have chosen Burnley or Leeds...

when i was growing up Man Utd were the team to support, simply because they were always winning the league and stuff... god damn glory supporters!!! lol 8)

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 07:36:48 AM »
United was the first team that I recognized and remembered the core players....year was 96 if I remember correctly, the time when Cantona was playing one of his last seasons for United...then I just started watch their games...

Boo-Yaa †

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Keep the Faith
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 08:31:24 AM »
I was born a Catholic in Glasgow - I didn't have much choice really ;)

« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 06:25:29 PM by Boo-Yaa »

wcsoldier

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 08:33:49 AM »
United was the first team that I recognized and remembered the core players....year was 96 if I remember correctly, the time when Cantona was playing one of his last seasons for United...then I just started watch their games...
Cantona was THE shit ...

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 07:14:04 PM »
I was born a Catholic in Glasgow - I didn't have much choice really ;)

Me in my first kit  :laugh:

Same wi me. I had that strip. lol good old ford peoples. The first season i remember going week in, week out was 96 or 97 im sure. My very first celtic game was a 2 - 0 win against the forces of darkness at parkhead. Malky Mackay and Di Canio scored. I was 8. The referee was Jim Mcklusky, from the town i moved to when i was young...Same place as Steven Niasmith.

Also, my firdst season was the year of the bumblebee strip! Legendary. Shuld be re-released.

The Maestro

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 11:19:57 AM »
My dad was born in manchester, his father was a united supporter, the majority of my fam are also. I didnt really have a choice.

I think i made my mind up when i was about 8 , i was living about half an hour from manchester and my dad decided it was time to take me to my first match. The opening game of the 1989 or 90 season against arsenal.

Its a match that went down in united folklore, United won 4-1 but the main talking point was michael knighton doing kick ups in front of the stretford end after claiming he had bought the club which he hadnt done.

After that i was hooked, bruce scored after two mins and the noise was immense and i knew this was my team.

I also got my first kit

« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 11:46:04 AM by KURUPTION-81 »

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2008, 04:21:02 AM »
Entire family are Rangers fans, therefore I was always going to be a Rangers fan. 

Went to my first game when I was 6, got my first season ticket at 8 and still have one to this very day

We are chosen, we do not choose

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008, 11:05:35 AM »
born and raised in Alkmaar... so i support AZ