Author Topic: RIP Charlton Heston  (Read 180 times)

Sikotic™

RIP Charlton Heston
« on: April 06, 2008, 01:06:27 AM »
I'ma do a 21 gun salute for him right now.

My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: RIP Charlton Heston
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 01:09:10 AM »
about time,he was like 80+ years old...

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 01:10:47 AM »
Yeah, that nigga was 84.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 01:13:54 AM »
i always hated da mufucka,don't know why...

may god have mercy on his soul... 8)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 01:19:50 AM »
RIP

kemizt

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 06:01:28 PM »
he killed it in ben hur, i need to see 10 commandments

Lunatic

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 06:02:15 PM »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 08:58:04 PM »
Charlton Heston, R.I.P.
Screen legend dies at 84.

Charlton Heston, legendary star of the silver screen, has died.

Heston, who rose to fame in the 1950s playing the hero in a string of historical epics, passed away Saturday at his home. He died with Lydia, his wife of 64 years, by his side.

The Heston family issued the following statement:

To his loving friends, colleagues and fans, we appreciate your heartfelt prayers and support. Charlton Heston was seen by the world as larger than life. He was known for his chiseled jaw, broad shoulders and resonating voice, and, of course, for the roles he played. Indeed, he committed himself to every role with passion, and pursued every cause with unmatched enthusiasm and integrity.

We knew him as an adoring husband, a kind and devoted father, and a gentle grandfather, with an infectious sense of humor. He served these far greater roles with tremendous faith, courage and dignity. He loved deeply, and he was deeply loved.

No one could ask for a fuller life than his. No man could have given more to his family, to his profession, and to his country. In his own words, "I have lived such a wonderful life! I've lived enough for two people."

Heston, born John Charles Carter in Evanston, Illinois, served in the Air Force and ran a North Carolina playhouse before becoming a star. His breakthrough role was in 1952's The Greatest Show on Earth, but the part that would make him world famous was his portrayal of Moses in 1956's The Ten Commandments.

He followed that success with a string of leading roles in historical epics like El Cid, 55 Days at Peking, The Agony and the Ecstasy, and Khartoum. Heston won the Best Actor Oscar for his performance in Ben-Hur.

During the '60s and '70s Heston made his mark on the sci-fi genre starring in Planet of the Apes, Soylent Green, The Omega Man, and Earthquake.

Late in his career, the veteran actor continued appearing in stage productions, and made memorable big-screen cameos in such films as Tombstone, True Lies, and Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes.

Off-screen, Heston became most famous for his political activism. He was a staunch advocate for civil rights and marched on Washington with Martin Luther King, Jr. in 1963. By the 1980s, Heston's political passions had shifted to protection of the Second Amendment. He served as the president and spokesman of the National Rifle Association for five years.

Heston's impact on American pop culture is far-reaching, from his widely known Apes quote ("Get your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty apes!") to obscure references in the videogame Postal (Postal Dude considers him "his President").

In 2002, Heston announced he was suffering from Alzheimer's Disease. The following year he was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

Charlton Heston was 84.
-IGN.com

RIP

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 09:09:31 PM »
good did they bury him with his rifles too?

J Bananas

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 10:16:20 PM »
i will place a gun in the hands of the next random child i see in his honor.

bez

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 05:49:37 AM »
rip