Author Topic: Andrea Bargnani- Biggest Euro Flop Ever?  (Read 923 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Andrea Bargnani- Biggest Euro Flop Ever?
« on: April 09, 2008, 02:51:42 PM »
Numbers down across the board. Looks like the next big flop out of Europe...what's goin on with this dude, Raptor fans?

Lunatic

Re: Andrea Bargnani- Biggest Euro Flop Ever?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 03:07:00 PM »
i really hope its just a sophomore jinx
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

MoreSwaggerThanMickJagger

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 03:47:11 PM »
I knew right away dude would flop.  He has never impressed me and I have watched him play alot, Bogut is considered a flop by some and he is a million times better.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 03:49:10 PM by S P I C E »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 03:48:13 PM »
Nah he just sucks. Isn't this supposed to be the next Dirk Nowitzki.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 04:10:39 PM »
Numbers down across the board. Looks like the next big flop out of Europe...what's goin on with this dude, Raptor fans?

Of course he's not a bust. Just ask the one asshole that voted for him to win ROY instead of Roy.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 09:47:56 PM »
^LOL...musta been Canadian.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 10:53:46 PM »
^^^LOL yea he is. Chuck Swirsky - the announcer for the Raptors! LMAO He actually hired bodyguards to accompany him to the Rose Garden behind that dumb shit.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 01:23:11 PM »
PLANT...what do you think of this matter? weren't you the one saying you'd rather have Bargnani than Bynum last season? :-X

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 02:40:17 PM »
Being Italian, i know the dude very very well. Shit even personally. Anyway i doubt he is good enought for the NBA. Both Bargnani and Belinelli are two good shooters, but that's about it. Belinelli plays in an offensive minded team, and he can be a prolific role player coming off the bench, next year. I mean he can score. But he can't defend. He'll never be a great NBA player, but he could be a Sasha Vujacic type of player. He ain't worse than the Machine anyway. Bargnani... well.. he's a shooter too, but he doesn't take rebounds, he doesn't defend, he doesn't play aggressive. He can only shoot. His problem is that he wasn't worth the #1 draft pick. He's a pretty good Kleinza type of player. He's a solid shooter, who can't defend. They should use him as a role player. But you don't usually waste a #1 draft pick for a role player, so yeah, you can call him a flop. He was probably worth the #9-10 pick, not the #1.

Oh, on a side note, i think there's an italian player who's better than him and who can do well in the NBA. Since he'll probably be selected in the top10, i'll write you his name here. He's called Gallinari. Big body, can run the ball, dunk, shoot. He's better than Bargnani, imho. Top10 draft pick, i'm pretty sure about it.

PLANT

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 02:43:29 PM »
yea that was LAST season where Bargnani was much better than this year, and Bynum was much worse than this year.  Obviously things have changed.  But I really dont know whats happend to Il Mago this year.  It could be the coaching, not developing him properly or it could be lack of work ethic, Im really not sure.  It seems like all the tools are there for him to be a great player tho, ball handling and 3 point shooting from a 7 footers is pretty rare.  I figured he woulda been like 15ppg and 8 boards this year but his numbers went down from last season, leaving us all dissapointed, and Im sure BC Bryan Colagelo is pissed too.  

Lunatic

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 02:45:48 PM »
Bargnani... well.. he's a shooter too, but he doesn't take rebounds, he doesn't defend, he doesn't play aggressive. He can only shoot. His problem is that he wasn't worth the #1 draft pick. He's a pretty good Kleinza type of player. He's a solid shooter, who can't defend. They should use him as a role player. But you don't usually waste a #1 draft pick for a role player, so yeah, you can call him a flop. He was probably worth the #9-10 pick, not the #1.

Oh, on a side note, i think there's an italian player who's better than him and who can do well in the NBA. Since he'll probably be selected in the top10, i'll write you his name here. He's called Gallinari. Big body, can run the ball, dunk, shoot. He's better than Bargnani, imho. Top10 draft pick, i'm pretty sure about it.
I agree he doesn't take rebounds, but i don't know about the not defending part..dude definitely has the talent to defend, we've seen that more than a few times this year (esp game 3 against the magic on d.howard). I guess he just has 2 learn how 2 "choose" to defend more often if that makes any sense

I honestly think he'll have a breakout year next season. The raps have already planned out a special offseason program designed for him and i think it'll work out well. Don't call him a flop just yet.

Btw i've heard of Gallinari, can't wait 2 see him play.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 02:54:10 PM »
yea that was LAST season where Bargnani was much better than this year, and Bynum was much worse than this year.  Obviously things have changed.  But I really dont know whats happend to Il Mago this year.  It could be the coaching, not developing him properly or it could be lack of work ethic, Im really not sure.

Andrea was always been a good professional athlete, so i'm sure the lack of work ethic ain't the problem. It's probably a lack of confidence in himself. I mean he needs the coach and the team to support him 100%. For an italian of his age it ain't easy to play in the NBA. He's not home. Plus he used to be a superstar and now he's not even a starter of a good (but not contending) team in the East. You loose confidence. He probably lost too much of it.

It seems like all the tools are there for him to be a great player tho, ball handling and 3 point shooting from a 7 footers is pretty rare.

Not in Europe. The problem is that in Italy he used to play PF-C. In Toronto he plays SF, from what i've seen. It ain't his role. He needs to learn how to play there. Plus he suffers quick SF's, obviously. And he doesn't have muscles and attitude enought to play PF. It's a tactical problem too. Mitchell should really work on him this summer, finding him the right role.

Or trade him.

I figured he woulda been like 15ppg and 8 boards this year but his numbers went down from last season, leaving us all dissapointed, and Im sure BC Bryan Colagelo is pissed too.

He is. And so is the italian vice-GM you have, who knows Andrea very well. But i've read interviews of Bargnani where he takes his responsabilities, saying it's his fault if he's failing, and that he wants to make it to the next level. Let's see.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 02:55:15 PM »
I agree he doesn't take rebounds, but i don't know about the not defending part..dude definitely has the talent to defend, we've seen that more than a few times this year (esp game 3 against the magic on d.howard). I guess he just has 2 learn how 2 "choose" to defend more often if that makes any sense

I honestly think he'll have a breakout year next season. The raps have already planned out a special offseason program designed for him and i think it'll work out well. Don't call him a flop just yet.

Btw i've heard of Gallinari, can't wait 2 see him play.

He's amazing, man. Gallinari, i mean.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 02:57:33 PM »
I just wanted to tae this moment to thank the Toronto Raptors for making quite possibly the worst first overall selection in NBA history, thereby making LaMarcus Aldridge attainable for the Blazers.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 03:03:03 PM »
C'mon, Andrea ain't that bad. He's better than Kwame, probably. ;D

Naw, for real, he just had an horrible year. But he's still 22, lol.