Author Topic: Jim Gettum - The Vision - UNNOTICED ???!?!  (Read 239 times)

YakiGerman

• Lil Geezy
Jim Gettum - The Vision - UNNOTICED ???!?!
« on: April 13, 2008, 01:13:33 AM »
How can it be that this album gets unnoticed....all we been told its sold at Itunes, well I cant even find it there, does anyone have a link? Does anyone have the whole album? Pls PM me, its hella important...conscious rap at its finest

for those who dont know: Jim Gettums has been Crooked I's lead producer for the last 5 years or so..check him out. His lyrics are off the hook.

Dimos

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Jim Gettum - The Vision - UNNOTICED ???!?!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 01:28:49 AM »
You can buy it from Snocap, Amazon and Rhapsody. Hit up Jim Gittum on his myspace page to see how you can get a hard copy...

YakiGerman

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 01:46:14 AM »
You can buy it from Snocap, Amazon and Rhapsody. Hit up Jim Gittum on his myspace page to see how you can get a hard copy...

thanks I check it out

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 01:55:21 AM »
It wasn't unnoticed.  It just sucked ass.

smegma

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 04:14:56 AM »
jim gittum labels his music as christian rap... that kinda turns me away from it :-\

this is an album i might have picked up if i saw it in a moms and pops store for $5... but I'm certainly not going to pay for the download...

YakiGerman

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 05:40:12 AM »
jim gittum labels his music as christian rap... that kinda turns me away from it :-\

this is an album i might have picked up if i saw it in a moms and pops store for $5... but I'm certainly not going to pay for the download...

and why does Christian rap turn u away???!!
Goodness, THAT IS the reason why everybody should listen to his album and stop bumping this awful, youth-misleading mainstream shit full of violence, guns, HATE, sexism and boasting = stupidity. Gittum seems to be one of the last ppl with guts bringing an alternative to this content-less piece of shit called nowadays rap music PLUS his prodcution alone outshines most of today's maintsream sound, like dirty south.
Respect to Jim Gittum for that real shit.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 05:41:57 AM by YakiGerman »

Joe-Thee

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 07:04:43 AM »
the cristian thing turns me away from it as well, I listened to the songs that was released on dubcnn and thought they was pretty good but way too preaching... Its a shame cause I like hes beats and rapping...U dont have to be preaching christianity in your song just cause your not rapping about bullshit...

Lunatic

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 08:24:09 AM »
gittum is great!
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

smegma

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 09:02:02 AM »

and why does Christian rap turn u away???!!
Goodness, THAT IS the reason why everybody should listen to his album and stop bumping this awful, youth-misleading mainstream shit full of violence, guns, HATE, sexism and boasting = stupidity. Gittum seems to be one of the last ppl with guts bringing an alternative to this content-less piece of shit called nowadays rap music PLUS his prodcution alone outshines most of today's maintsream sound, like dirty south.
Respect to Jim Gittum for that real shit.

I don't mind positive messages at all, but I don't like it when people preach. That is for people in general. I don't mind when someone is a follower of a religion, but don't bother me with it.

Mixtape Fan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 09:19:11 AM »
gittum is great!
DONT SLEEP ON THIZ MAN YALL

IMA GET A COPY ONCE I GET MY MONEY RIGHT

I AINT LIKE THESE FOOLZ WHO BITCH ABOUT HAVIN TO PAY FOR IT WHEN IT AINT EVEN NO MIXTAPE

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 09:26:32 AM »
really sth different. great album.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 09:32:12 AM »
shoot me a link

Dimos

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 09:48:41 AM »
Thats one of my favorites right now. I keep this album in heavy rotation along with Snoop's album and the SVDB mixtape. Lyrics are great, but I admit he sometimes sounds a bit extremist with this god thing (i.e. the intro on "Blast For Me" where Jim says "It's blasphemy/God say go blast for me"). I mean the fact that he sees himself as some kind of god soldier can turn you away. Thats just my opinion and I ain't judging what he's doing. Let's say that you don't have to agree to everything a rapper/artist says or does to like his products. Jim Gittum still has a great message to deliver on this record, thats why I recommend you check it out.

ThaRealSupreme

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2008, 02:31:07 PM »
I heard some of his tracks for this album a long time ago and it's actually good for christian rap and most christian rappers are real  corney. He's not preaching in his songs just speaking words of wisdom of everyday life not just the "christian" life. People should actually give his music a listen before assuming it's one thing when it's another. Gittum is a real dude and he's not on that condemnation, religious fanatic type stuff. I guess he should've just said it's a regular album since people were waiting on it instead of labeling it christian rap then maybe more people would've coped it and most likely enjoyed it.
I stand before God when I say that I'm not a facade_Supreme

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008, 02:34:24 PM »
I only heard the two tracks on dubcnn and I thought those were great and didn't sound like preaching to me at all! I haven't heard the rest though.