Author Topic: 100 Songs reviewed ** Review Of Every Soopafly Song Ever Made **  (Read 1816 times)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
I'm just taking them in alphabetical order.  It's a 1-10 rating system, with 5 being average, 10 being perfect.  It's a fair rating system, I don't give out many 10's, as it's hard to find a perfect song.  I'll be happy to discuss any song review with anyone in a civilized manner if their opinion differs.  This will help people who might not be hardcore fans of Soopafly a chance to figure out what songs of his are really good so they can hunt those songs down first, as i'm sure all this new Westurn Union stuff has opened some people's eyes to Soopafly and created some new fans of his as well.

1.   12345678 (Welcome To Tha Chuuch mixtape)
This song features Snoop and comes from Vol. 9 of the WTTC mixtape series.  It’s a light-hearted beat with Snoop rapping the chorus.  They both rap a sentence fast, stop, then rap another sentence.  It’s a little faster than Soopafly normally raps, but it’s pretty tight.  Soopa only spits one verse though and he doesn’t really say any real memorable lines in this one.  Snoop actually has a more memorable line in saying if one of the bitches he’s pimping makes 100 dollars, he wants 90.00.  That’s a pretty good profit right there.  He must have taken that advice from Soopafly, as there’s no way in hell snoop would ever figure out to make that much off of a hoe.  It’s a pretty short song.  Rating 7/10.

2.   4 Tha Money (Welcome To Tha Chuuch mixtape)
First off, the beat is bangin on this song.  It features Snoop and they each take a long verse.  Soopafly raps with more intensity on this song instead of his more laid back flow.  He talks about hooking up with a chick, then the chick having 4 of her niggaz trying to jump Soopa.  He gets away, drives back and shoots her.  It just goes to show that in the pimp game, sometimes you gotta check a hoe.  Pretty tight lyrics.  This is a good song to let the hoes know not to try to set up Soopafly as they’ll wind up dead.  Rating 9/10.

3.   99 Problemz (Welcome To Tha Chuuch mixtape)
This song uses the same beat as Jay-Z’s 99 problems song.  Another track in which Soopafly spits with great intensity.  A great line from this song is “The bitch got a smart mouth, but the bitch is dumb.”.  Just a great play on words there.  The outro pretty much tells the whole story of this song, Soopafly admits he has IRS problems, bank problems, car problems, tooth problems (as evident by his freshly drilled root canal), and even foot problems.  But a bitch certainly is not one of his problems as he knows how to handle them.  Rating 7/10.

4.   A Message To Kurupt (From DPG Recordz website)
This is a phone message that Daz posted on his website right in the heart of the DPG/Kurupt feud.  It’s not a song, but it’s a nice interlude to stick on your homemade Soopafly CDs.  Soopafly gets on the message and admits that kurupt started crying when he told kurupt he was going to beat his ass.  And obviously, it’s true, as I’d probably do the same thing if a nigga like Fly got in my face.  Daz then leaves 2 more messages, dissing Spider Loc and Suge Knight.  Daz is being his usual goofy self, which is hilarious, but Fly sounds like he’s being serious on this one.  Can’t really give it a good rating as it’s just dialogue, with no song, but it’s still funny.  Rating 1/10

5.   Ain't Gone Happen (Westurn Union mixtape)
One of the tracks off the new Westurn Union mixtape.  It’s probably one of the weaker tracks I’ve heard off the mixtape.  I mean, it still shits on most stuff out there today, but other tracks on the mixtape outshine it.  He doesn’t come hard on any hoes on this song and Lucc and Damani don’t really spit any decent lyrics on this one…sounds like a filler song to me.  Rating 6/10.

6.   All 4 U (Bangin Westcoast)
This is a smooth track.  It’s got a weird sound going on in the background, but it sounds really fresh.  I love how Soopafly cuts up the chorus of the song, sung by the talented Latoiya Williams.  It’s letting everyone know that Soopafly’s main bitch will do it all for him.  He’s found a hoe that’s not quite as dumb as the usual bitches he pimps and he respects that.  And she gives him money and whatever else he wants.  She’s his bottom bitch.  Rating 8/10.

7.   All Night (Special Ed album)
This song features Daz and Special Ed.  The first thing right off the bat you notice is that the beat is really weak.  It sounds slightly east coast.  Soopa takes the last verse and talks about how in a club, he still comes strapped and he’s not afraid to use it if anyone tries to bum rush him in a club.  I know Special Ed is an old school legend, but he stinks up this track.  The chorus is weak too.  Daz doesn’t rap with much energy either, sounds like they made the track in about 5 minutes.  Rating 3/10.

8.   All Night (Westurn Union mixtape)
This is the first song I heard off the Westurn Union mixtape (besides Cali Grown, which at the time wasn’t slated for the mixtape).  And this song is bangin!  First thing you notice is that it samples the song “I Wanna Rock Wit U” by Michael Jackson.  I’m a big fan of that original song, and the way Fly chops it up in the beat of the song is tight!  They all come tight with verses.  Damani says
”U like Ferraris? I’ll run you over in mine”, that’s a good line. Soopafly has the first verse, then Demani, then Lucc.  But Soopafly spits another few lines before Lucc starts his verse, which is a real treat because you start to come down off your high when you realize soopafly’s verse is over after the first verse, but then he comes back and gets you high again.  This is the best Westurn Union song I’ve heard so far, it’s a real high energy song that makes you wanna dance or drive your car like 90 mph in the summertime. Rating 10/10.

9.   Are You Ready (Doggystyle All-Stars Vol. 1)
First off, the beat on this song sucks, which is surprising as I think it’s a Primo beat.  It’s really slow and sounds all off-beat.  The chorus is weak with the slow motion voice saying “Are You Ready?” over and over.  The good part is it’s a solo Soopafly track, so we get 2 verses of Fly’s rhyme. It’s a short song at 2:40.  If you can stand the beat, there’s some good lines in there…not really checkin any bitches though.  I usually skip this one unfortunately, as there was another Soopafly solo on that CD that was 100x better. (bitch’s treat).  Rating 2/10

10.   Baby Boy [Jewell Solo] (Dat Woopty Woop album)
I stuck this on here because it was on Soopafly’s debut album, even though Fly isn’t even on it.  It’s obvious he produced it and he did a hell of a job.  Jewell is a female ghetto vet.  Working with everyone from dre to snoop to 2pac, etc….she’s done it all.  As much as I like Latoiya Williams, I really wish Fly would have taken Jewell up under his wing instead as she just sounds better to me.  It’s a real shame Death Row never dropped her album, I’ve heard so many banging unreleased DR era songs from her, another missed opportunity.  Anyway, it’s a song about Jewell’s new son and how he’s going to survive in the world.  It’s a decent song for what it is, showing a different side of Soopa, that he can produce some R&B songs as well.  Rating 4/10

11.   Bacc It Up On Me (Online version of Bangin Westcoast – Soopafly)
This song came with the online release of “Bangin Westcoast” which fans bought off of Fly’s myspace.  The beat on this song is bangin hard, it’s awesome.  The bad news is that it’s in fairly poor quality.  Why this song isn’t included on the retail version, I’ll never know.  They replaced it with a Latoiya Williams interlude, which sucked.  I can only guess that for whatever reason, a high quality version of this song could not be obtained before the retail version of the album was released.  Anyway, this song also features Daz, Kurupt and Damani and they all come tight as well.  In the chorus, Fly tells bitches to turn around and back their asses up onto his cock, which is what they all should be doing regardless if they are in the club, on the streets, or at the grocery store. Fly shouldn’t have to keep telling them to do that, it should just be understood at this point in his career.  The only thing that stops me from bumping this constantly is the quality of the copy of the song that I own, but I don’t think there’s been a publicly released CDQ of this song yet. Rating 9/10.

12.   Bacc To LA (Dat Woopty Woop album)
This song sounds so fresh and light.  Soopafly takes a break from his usually bitch checkin lyrics and raps about having fun and talking about being a good friend, with lines like “A nigga need a hand, I lend him my arm”.  I originally had this song recorded off the radio when it was on 92.3 the beat in an edited version, and I used to put it on all my old Death Row Records mixtapes.  I loved it back then and it became so much better once the unedited version was released.  This song also features Daz and Xzibit, and both rip the track pretty good, you can tell X is having a good time recording this song and is having a blast being in the studio with Fly.  Rating 8/10.

13.   Bang Out (The Big Squeeze)
This song features Daz and Kurupt, along with Snoop on the chorus.  In the booklet, it says Soopafly produced this song, but then, in the album liner, it says all songs were produced by Niggarachi, so I’m not sure.  Anyway, the beat is pretty simplistic and sounds like a characteristic Niggarachi beat, so I’m betting Snoop did it with help from Fly.  Nothing real special here, just sounds like a generic song with none of them trying real hard.  Soopa takes the first verse, once that’s over, I usually move on to another song.  Rating 4/10.

14.   Bangin Westcoast (Bangin Westcoast)
Now this is the song right here!  After a subpar year or two as part of the ill-fated “Doggystyle All-Stars”, I was starting to worry if Soopa had lost it.  His album “Willie Dynamite” kept getting pushed back.  He was rapping on these shitty beats and sounded like his production was taking a new direction (no doubt at the request of Snoop in order to hold him down).  But then dubcnn.com out of nowhere premiered this song.  And it’s like this rejuvenated his career.  At a time when it wasn’t cool to be making westcoast songs anymore, and more and more westcoast artists moving to the south and east coast sounding songs, Soopafly comes out with this, which is a new Westcoast sound and a new westcoast anthem for the new millennium.  In the song, he stated he’ll be reppin the westcoast forever, and he meant it!  He shouts out a bunch of westcoast pioneers including Dre, Eazy, and mixmaster Spade.  Soopafly’s just been on an incredible roll after this song dropped and he finally dropped that weird Doggystyle Allstar production he had for a while.  I always bump this song when it’s really sunny outside with the windows down.  Rating 10/10.

15.   Bitch’s Treat (Doggystyle All-Stars Vol.1)
Doggystyle All-Stars Vol. 1 had some god-awful songs on it, let’s face it.  When I bought it and saw on the back of the CD that Soopafly was on like 8 of the songs, I was marking out big time.  Then I started listening to it, and I was like, WTF, this sucks!  It’s like the feeling you get when you’re all ready to nail a chick and then her mom calls and her grandma just died or something like that, and you’re just sitting there all disappointed knowing you are not going to get what you want.  Snoop was all trying to be Bootsy Collins and stuff, and it was just stupid.  The comes the lady of rage song that was bangin, so I was like, OK, this song is OK…then I get to Bitch’s treat, and man, what a song!  A great beat and a smooth laid back flow and beat and Soopafly doing what he does best, rapping about these no good bitches.  Latoiya Williams handles the chorus and does a fine job.  The chorus is the best as Soopafly lets the hoes know that he is the bitch’s treat because he has delicious meat.  Rating 10/10.

16.   Cali Grown (Westurn Union mixtape)
Another song that came out of nowhere on dubcnn.com.  When I first heard the song, I thought the beat was good, not great, but good.  I listened to it for a week straight, then put it away.  Got it out about 2 weeks later, and I’ve been bumping it ever since!  I had it on my ipod all last summer when I went running.  It’s a great song to run to, the track is so upbeat.  The song ended up being put on the mixtape, and I’m glad it did, because it deserves to be on some kind of official release and not just lost like some of the other earlier Dub U songs, like “I Don’t Think So”.  One funny part is in the third verse and I think it’s Bad Lucc, but he says the word “Killa Cali” like 20 times in his verse.  It’s a little much, but it doesn’t ruin the song or anything.  This winter I had some dental work done on my wisdom tooth and it hurt like a bitch, but I just kept playing this song on my ipod while the dentist was drilling on me, and it kept my spirits up and I made it though it.  Rating 9/10.

17.   Call The Ambulance (Welcome To Tha Chuuch mixtape)
This song came from one of the WTTC mixtapes and is about a dude thinking he can hang with Soopafly and smoke the same weed he smokes.  Well Fly smokes some bomb ass weed, so Fly gives him the weed to try to keep up with Fly, well of course, the dude can’t hang with Fly, and before you know it, the guy is passed out on the floor.  But Fly’s nice enough to at least call the ambulance to pick the dude up so he can live another day because he’s a compassionate man.  The beat is just OK and Fly’s raps aren’t very good in this one….it’s a fresh concept though.  The chorus is a bit annoying.  Rating 4/10.

18.   Can I Get Bucc (Dat Woopty Woop album)
I’m not sure where the beat originally came from, but I’ve heard other songs use this same beat, like the song “Episodes” by The 5 Footaz.  So I think it’s some sort of sampled beat.  This song features Daz and a young Crooked I.  And I admit, I’m not 100% proficient in ghetto slang, so I’m not sure what getting bucc actually means, I’m assuming it means to get buck wild, but I’m not sure.  Then later, they are saying if someone comes around their hood talking shit, they will bucc them, so I’m confused.  Anyway, Crooked I murders this track and unfortunately outshines Daz and even Soopa on this one.  The Beavis and Butthead sample at the end is hilarious too, with Beavis saying “that was fly”.  Rating 6/10

19.   Can You Control Your Ho (Rhythm and Gangsta – Snoop Dogg)
Finally we get to another song where Soopa does what he does best, and that’s ride on these hoes.  We got some classic lines here, like “I never met a bitch that a pimp can’t slap”.  Fly goes to his friend’s house, in which his friend is getting chewed out by his bitch, and Soopa can’t believe the dude is just sitting there and taking it and doing nothing.  If that ever happens to Soopafly, he just gets up and slaps her face and cold cocks her, which is what should be done.  So fly’s waiting for the dude to stand up and do something, and he does nothing, how pathetic.  Soopa sings this song moreso than rapping.  I usually don’t care for Soopafly’s singing type songs, but in this case, it works out great.  Even Snoop comes hard on the hoes on this song, which he usually doesn’t do these days, since now he just kisses his wife’s ass left and right.  Of couse, Soopafly comes way harder on the hoes than snoop does in this song.  The lyrics are pure comedy…the beat is average though.  Rating 7/10

20.   Cars Ride By (Welcome To Tha Chuuch mixtape)
OK, now I’m not sure why some of these songs ended up on the WTTC mixtape series.  The series started out strong, but after a while, it seems like Snoop just threw anything on these tapes.  This song is short, and there is some stupid ass annoying DJ shouting over the whole song which pretty much ruins it, I hate that, I think it’s Whoo Kid.  The chorus just goes “fly rides by with the boomin system” over and over.  Soopafly just brags about himself on this song…the beat is OK, but the damn DJ just ruins the whole song.  I never bump it in my car as the song is at one volume level, then the dumb DJ’s voice is like 3 volume levels higher than the song.  Rating 4/10.

21.   Cloccin C Notes (Made Men album)
I debated whether or not to include this song on my list, because Soopafly only talks in the intro of the song, but dammit, this beat is so bangin, I had to include it as a Soopafly song.  Made Men kill it, and Tray Dee and Daz kill the chorus.  Then just when you think it’s over, Kurupt shows up and says fuck all kinds of stuff, from bitches, to shit, to anything really.  This is a really good beat.  I haven’t heard anything else that Made Men have done, but it almost makes me want to give more of their songs a listen.  Not sure what their affiliation with DPG is and how they got 4 of the tightest DPG members to do cameos on their song, but it worked.  Rating 9/10.

22.   Come With Me (Bangin Westcoast)
OK, now the beat for this song was originally for Snoop’s Rhythm and Gangsta album.  There was a cut song off that album that used the same beat and Snoop rapped on it, and for the life of me, I can’t remember the name of the song, it’s on one of my mix CDs.  Anyway, for whatever reason, snoop didn’t use it, so soopafly grabbed it.  And see, Soopa totally rocked it, while snoop’s version was just subpar.  It’s a smooth slow song and fits soopa’s style perfectly.  The only weird part is that he’s rapping about a bitch that he respects and gives her props and stuff.  Now that is a side of a pimp that should rarely be shown, as you don’t wanna give hoes the impression that you are soft.  But I guess this song is about his main girl, like the one he wants to keep and not make her grind her high heels on the concrete. I like the crackling record sound he puts in the beat at the end of the song, it’s a nice touch, I think the chorus is a sample from an old song.  Rating 7/10.

23.   Crazy (Bangin Westcoast)
This song starts off with a sample of Dre’s voice from the song “Straight Outta Compton” and it’s a good start.  This song is the opposite of how I usually hear songs.  Usually I’ll listen to a song, and I’ll think it’s OK, then after a while, it’ll grow on me.  Well in this case, the first time I heard this song, I thought it was banging.  It was on Soopa’s myspace page before the album hit, but he didn’t have it available for download, it was only a streaming audio song.  So I’d go in his page and listen to it a bunch.  But now the more I listen to it, the less I like it.  The voice of the chick saying the stuttering the word “c-c-c-c-crazy” over and over is a bit annoying after a while.  It also takes a soundclip from Dre’s song “The Watcher” which is cool.  Basically the song just talks about how the Westcoast is going crazy and getting ready to blow up big time.  He reps the west on this one, so you gotta prop him for that. Rating 6/10

24.   Dat Woopty Woop (Dat Woopty Woop album)
This was another song that I originally had before the album came out.  I think it was one of the old westcoast websites like westcoast2k.cjb.net or something like that.  But back then it was called “Soopa Snoop”, so I thought that was the name of the song until the CD dropped.  The beat is really plain and simplistic, but Soopafly’s lyrics save this one, he’s got some real memorable lines in this one, such as: “Baby wanted me to buy her a ring, I called her on the phone, there you go, you got your ring”. “You aint’ getting jack shit from me, told me this other nigga gave you a G, whoo wee, it ain’t me, it ain’t I, you ain’t green and you damn sure can’t get me high”.  “Told the hoe you can go on and do your thing, hit the streets while you at it bitch, buy me a chain”.  The weird part is snoop is talking about doing a big fat hoe with a cute face. Now I don’t care how cute a hoe’s face is, I’d never do her if she were fat.  Rating 9/10.

25.   Deez Niggaz Trippin (DPGC U Know What I’m Throwin Up – Daz)
Now this is mainly a Daz song, with only Soopafly doing the chorus.  I love it how Soopafly echoes the phrase “pow pow the sound” over and over after the chorus is over and as Daz starts on his next verse.  Just an average Daz song that we’ve all been accustomed to over the years with Daz and the 8 albums he releases every year.  I usually skip this song as it’s just not enough Fly for me.  Rating 2/10.

26.   DJ Rectangle Freestyle (DJ Rectangle mixtape)
This is just a freestyle that Soopafly did for DJ Rectangle.  I believe Rectangle used to be a DJ for Warren G and the Twinz back when his album Regulate….the G Funk era was blowing up.  It sounds like a pretty early Soopafly track, as his voice sounds younger, and sure enough, it’s from 98.  Nothing really special, just another case of Soopa reaching out to help another artist try to blow up.  The beat is decent, but I think it’s a rectangle beat, not a Fly beat.  Rating 5/10.

27.   Doe Doe (Doggystyle All-Stars Vol. 1)
As much as it pains me to say this about a song featuring Soopafly, but this song sucks.  I hate the “Doggystyle All Stars Era” version of Soopafly.  The beats he was on with this album were just pure crap.  It might have been a blessing in disguise that the “Willie Dynamite” album never came out, as it might have sounded like some of these Doggystyle All-Star songs.  The chorus on this song sucks.  Then at the end, Kokane starts singing lines from Little Drummer Boy and Do Re Mi.  WTF?!  Snoop was all about Bootsy Collins at that time, and he looked like an idiot with those bootsy glasses, like kurupt said in the song No Vaseline 2.  My only guess was Soopafly was just doing whatever snoop told him to do in hopes that his album would get released, cause he’s a team player.  That’s the only reason I can think of as to why Fly would want to jump on a track like this…..no bitch checkin either.  Rating 1/10.

28.   Doe Doe Remix (Doe Doe single)
This remix samples the old song “Ridin High”  This is better than the original, as some of them redid their lyrics and it sounds more dark, and the chorus is much better.  I think Freeway is on this version too.  Kokane still gets on the end of the end of this song, but doesn’t ruin the outro to this version like he did the original.  He sounds more like the Ruthless records Above The Law type kokane on this one, which is a good thing….not the half retarded sounding Mr. Kane version he became.  Rating 3/10.

29.   Dogg Catcha (DPGC U Know What I’m Throwin Up – Daz)
This song is just on here for completeness sake.  Soopafly says 2 words on the chorus “Dogg Catcha” and then he sings one line “Why must I be like that, why must I chase the cat, nuthin but tha dogg in me”.  And that’s it.  You know, the song ain’t really a soopafly song, but it is what it is.  I’m not into reviewing and analyzing all of daz’s lyrics and whatnot.  It’s a decent Westcoast sounding song off a song that’s been sampled to death.  Rating 2/10.

30.   Dogg Catcha Remix (Dogg Catcha single)
Same review as above, but Snoop Dogg comes in and drops a second verse on this version. It only makes the song slightly better.  Doesn’t make up for the fact that on the CD booklet, the song says “featuring Soopafly” then you get your hopes all up and it turns out the man says two words in the whole song.  Rating 3/10.

31.   Dogghouse America (Doggystyle All-Stars Vol. 1)
Another weird eastcoast sounding beat.  Soopafly has a decent verse on here, but basically says nothing.  I just don’t think he had much inspiration to use any of his golden lyrics on a beat like this, because he knew it was going to get skipped time and time again, so I don’t blame him.  Let’s face it, when Kokane uses a “God Bless America” sample for a chorus on a rap song, you know you’re F’ed.  He just wails and wails at the end of this song and ruins it.  Rating 1/10

32.   Dogghouse In Your Mouth (Deuces N Trays – Tha Eastsidaz)
Finally we get to a good doghouse track!  This is a monster posse cut.  The first verse is done by one of the only people (besides Too Short) whose pimp hand might be as strong as Soopafly’s, and that’s Suga Free.  Quotable “Suga Free, bitches swingin on my dick like wheee!”.  Soopafly spits a short verse next, which is good….not great.  Some dude I don’t know spits next, then Kurupt comes on and he sounds like the old kurupt on this song, or at least the “Streetz Iz A Mutha” version.  Next is RBX who sounds good as well.  Then some other dude spits, next is Goldie Loc, and Tray Deee, who both sound like hard ass gangstas.  A notable line from Tray Deee is when he says “Fuck Death Row, we’ll take them out”.  Tha Row was coming at snoop hard at the time and dissing the shit out of him and leaking his albums on their website and stuff, but snoop had taken the stance of just ignoring Suge and not getting involved….some people say out of fear, who knows the real reason, but this was the first shot back at Suge that I can remember.  Then at the end, Mixmaster Spade spits on the outro.  Just a decent all around cut at 6:43, which is a long ass song.  It’s nice when you got other people to hold up a song instead of Soopafly constantly having to do it.  He just sat back on this one while the others did their thing. Rating 7/10

33.   Don’t Do That (Welcome To Tha Chuuch mixtape)
This song just slaps you in the face right off the bat.  No intro beat or anything, Soopafly just starts right in on his verse.  Soopafly just rides this beat perfectly, his voice inflects perfectly with the beat.  He just raps with high energy the entire track, sounding like he never even stops to take a breath or to check a bitch.  A real rarity here is that at the end of the song, Fly just talks on the outro, like 2pac used to do.  He has a funny quotable when he says “I’ll take you to school and buy you books and you’ll just eat the covers off of them”…pretty funny.  Rating 10/10 

34.   Don’t Fight the Feeling (Doggystyle All-Stars Vol. 1)
This song features Snoop, Nate Dogg, Kam, and Lady Mae.  Another boring beat that Soopa has to rap on.  He raps more quietly than usual, almost letting the beat of the song drown out his verse, that could be a mixing problem though.  Nate Dogg does a decent job on the hook, but it’s just not enough to save this song.  You just gotta wonder what Snoop was thinking releasing this compilation.  If he had Dre overseeing this album like he did the last couple of Snoop albums, Dre would probably only approve of one or two tracks off the whole CD and would have told Snoop to go back to the drawing board.  Rating 2/10. 

35.   Don’t Give A Fuck (Unreleased Gorilla Black song)
Black sounds just like BIG, he really does.  This is a cool song in that Soopa and Daz go back and forth trading line for line in their verses.  Snoop takes the last verse.  You just don’t see that happen very much in Soopafly’s songs, and it actually works in this song.  No bitch checking in this song either, they are checking niggaz here.  It’s too bad that this song sounds unfinished, as the beat seems to be missing several layers of instruments to it.  Soopafly did the beat though, Snoop verifies it in his verse.  If it would have ever got finished properly, it could be a banger.  Rating 5/10.

36.   Don’t Let The Money Make You (Xzibit bonus track)
This song was bonus track on one of Xzibit’s CD, I can’t remember which one.  It’s cool cause at the beginning of the song, the have a soundbite of an interview a bitch is having with Soopafly.  He must have been having a good day, as he didn’t try to recruit her for his stable or slap her or anything, he just answers her question and it’s about trying to find a balance between making money and going mainstream and pleasing his original hardcore fans (like myself).  He says it can be tough at times, but there is a balance that can be achieved, and Fly has done it.  I gotta call out Soopa a bit on this song, as he reuses elements from his verse from the DJ Rectangle freestyle and also from his song “Make My Living” off the Cydalwayz album.  I guess he thought no one would remember that song, as it was pretty underground, but I remember it.  It’s OK, as he just recycles portions of each song and adds some new lyrics.  He doesn’t recycle lyrics very often, so it’s forgivable, and this song isn’t very good anyway, the chorus sucks.  Rating 4/10 

37.   Don’t Stop (DPGC U Know What I’m Throwin Up – Daz)
Now this song is awesome!  It’s got that Stop-Stutter type beat and I love it.  Great quotables here:  “Most of these niggaz got one ho, I got 8” “I attract so many hoes I need a blockade” “I’ll fuck you back from black back to albino”  Fly’s just on some real futuristic stuff here.  This is around the time they announced they were going to reform the original Dogg Pound with Soopafly taking the place of kurupt, who they were feuding with.  And this song was the one of the first ones the “new” Dogg Pound did.  And it’s really tight.  Daz is great too with lots of energy. Rating 10/10

38.   Down With U.S. (Fredwreck album)
First off, I’m not really into political rap, but I guess Fredwreck wanted to send the government a message, like anyone in the government really listens to Fredwreck songs anyway LOL.  Anyways, there’s like 10 rappers on this song, and I don’t know who half of them are.  I recognize Fly, RBX, Tray Deee, Daz, Bad Azz, WC, and The Macc Minister.  Soopafly’s verse has about 8 lines taking about war.  Certainly some stuff I don’t really want to hear Fly rapping about.  I want to hear about him shooting people, drug dealing, beating hoes, etc…real gangsta rap, not a bunch of people talking about the oil crisis in the middle east.  I betcha a million bucks Fredwreck wrote their lyrics.  But anyways, I guess that’s what Fredwreck was hard on at the time, and all these westcoast cats certainly owed him a favor or two because Fredwreck has produced some bangers over the years for all these guys, so I’m sure Soopafly just did this song as a favor to a friend.  But I still don’t bump it.  Rating 2/10.

39.   DPG Fo Life (So So Gangsta - Daz)
Another light airy beat for this song.  The chorus is sung by some dude with a super high voice, it’s something different.  Soopa gets real lyrical on this one, rapping about being down with DPG and stuff, be he uses bigger words than he usually does.  It’s just an average Dogg Pound song really.  I think this was another song that was from the scrapped “new” Dogg Pound album featuring Soopafly replacing Kurupt, as I think they almost had that album done by the time they reunited with Kurupt, so no sense letting these songs go to waste.  Daz does shout out Kurupt in the outro, but I think he just added that after the song was made.  Rating 5/10

40.   Dub U (Unreleased Westurn Union song)
This sounds like some 70’s funky type song.  This is one of the first Westurn Union songs that I heard.  It came off of dubcnn.com.  Soopafly raps the stop-stutter type style again which works really well and sounds good.  All three of them take the first verse, and the last verse as well.  Kurupt absolutely shreads the chorus.  The volume is kind of low on the copy I have, and I’m sure it was just a premix to a song that they decided not to release.  I bet if it were tweaked a bit, and mastered, it’d be straight fire.  Rating 8/10.

41.   Everyday (Dat Woopty Woop album)
This song has a great beat.  In addition, it has some great Soopafly quotables, such as: “I bust a bitch til she buck naked.” “I don’t gamble, I pull a bitch like a door handle, leave the bitch with nothing but toe sandles in her mouth.”  Another light and airy beat.  The guest rappers really shine strong on this song too.  Tray Deee, Bad Azz, and C-Style all come correct.  This is easily one of the best songs off Dat Woopty Woop album.  Rating 10/10.

42.   Family Reunion (Unreleased)
This song appears to be a leftover from Snoop’s album “Paid The Cost To Be The Boss”.  And he really should have put this song on the album.  It’s a slower paced song produced by the legend Battlecat.  This song just gives you a great feeling about spending time with your family with no violence or anything like that, just a good time.  I’m sure Soopafly still brings his gun to his family reunions, in case one of his disgruntled hoes finds him, but he probably rarely has to use it at family reunions.  The song features Warren G, Snoop, Bad Azz, and Daz.  Soopa’s verse is pretty short on this song, but the song as a whole is very nice.  Rating 8/10.

43.   Felli Fell Theme (From Felli Fell radio)
This song features Daz and Soopafly trading lines back and forth.  The song was made as an intro/promo for the Felli Fell radio show on 92.3 the Beat.  The beat is really banging on this.  It’s too bad the only copies of this floating around the net are in poor quality.  They start out talking about busting on niggaz, then move to their drug smoking proficiency, then to their rhyming skills.  About two minutes into the song, the beat switches up to the “Deez Niggaz Trippin” beat and Soopafly just shouts out Dogghouse records and Felli Fell at the end.  Great beat, but it’s just too hard to bump this song due to the quality.  Rating 6/10

44.   For Tha Better (Interlude) [Latoiya Williams solo] (Bangin Westcoast)
This puzzles me.  You got a song like “Bacc It Up On Me” on the internet version of this CD, and the powers that be decide to take that song off the retail version and replace it with this.  This interlude has a very similar beat to the actual song “For The Better”.  Soopafly’s not on it, he just produced it and it’s only a little over a minute long.  Latoiya drops one verse, then the song fades out.  With the plethora of unreleased Soopafly songs out there, I can’t believe they couldn’t have found a better song to put on here instead of this interlude.  Rating 1/10.

45.   For Tha Better [Latoya Williams solo] (Bangin Westcoast)
Now we get to the actual song itself.  It’s another Latoiya Williams solo, and is a very slow love song.  It’s about her and her man trying to work things out for the better.  It’s a decent R&B song I guess, but you know, normally one doesn’t buy a Soopafly CD to hear that crap.  In the previous 3 songs, Fly raps about slapping his bitches and sticking his foot up their asses when they act up, then all of a sudden, there’s this love song on here.  My only guess is she is singing from the perspective of one of Fly’s hoes that got the crap kicked out of her for keeping more than 10% of her earnings, and she’s begging Fly to take her back into his stable.  Rating 2/10.

46.   Freak Of The Week (Unreleased Kokane album)
This song came from the unreleased Kokane Dogghouse album “Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Kane”.  Snoop handles the chorus while Kane and Fly spit rhymes.  Kane is in full wailing/whining mode here.  His verse is horrible.  If you can stand to make it through it, you will be rewarded, as Soopa uses some golden lyrics in this song.  “Grabbed my dick like a harpoon, slang it to the back of her throat, tight grip, no slack of the rope”  “I approached her friend, stuck my dick between her nose and her chin.  Then I said Hi, then I said my name was Soopafly, then I said bitch good-bye”.  These lines are great!  He meets a bitch at a swap meet, gets head from her, then turns to her friend, gets head from her too, takes her back to his place, nails her, then takes her back to the swap meet and dumps her off.  Now that’s how a real pimp operates!  We get a nice outro from Warren G as well, and he spits the classic line “Deez Nuts!” that he’s famous for.  The great verse from Soopafly helps this song out, but the beat and kokane suck on this one.  Rating 6/10.

47.   Freak, Freak (Dat Woopty Woop album)
This song is great.  The beat is just so hard and catchy.  There are so many quotables on this song I can’t even list them all as it’d take up a whole page.  Soopafly talks about how having one hoe is good, but having two hoes is like having hash and weed together, so that’s even better.  The best line in this song is “I pimp a bitch so hard I make her sleep in the yard.”  I can totally picture that. His hoe being outside on a sleeping bag next to a dog house. Then as if it couldn’t get any better, the beat switches up for the third verse, and is even tighter than the original beat.  You can tell Soopafly loves freaks, and he makes it known in the song. Rating 10/10.

48.   Freestyle (DJ Jam W Ballz mixtape)
This is a freestyle that came from the W-Ballz mixtape by DJ Jam.  The beat is smooth and simplistic on this one.  Soopafly rips the beat once again.  It’s just one long verse.  He lets everyone know he ran a pimp campaign for months, and he won, he’s got the belt now.  It’s only a 1:34 song, so it’s real short, but it’s good for what we get.  Rating 8/10.

49.   Fresh (Unreleased)
This is an unreleased song, and you can tell it’s a blueprint for the song “Fresh” that ended up on Kurupt’s debut album Kuruption.  I’m sure if kurupt had his choice, he would have put Fly and Daz on his version, but Suge wouldn’t give him any of his death row talent to use, which sucked.  Oh well.  I’ve seen this song labeled as “Party People”, but undoubtedly, the real name of this song is Fresh.  Daz takes the first verse, then Fly spits next and basically raps about how great he is and how he handles niggaz that cross his path.  Then him and Daz handle the third verse.  It’s a song that you can tell had good potential if the beat would have been finished and mastered.  But the way it is now, it’s just not real bumpable.  Daz recycled some of his lyrics from his song “In California” on this one. Rating 4/10.

50.   Fuckin Is Good For U (The Big Squeeze)
Remember when you got your first piece of pussy?  That’s what this song is about.  Just a bunch of guys reminiscing, back when their pimp game wasn’t very strong and some of the mistakes and conquests they made when they were young trying to get some tail.  Soopafly claims his first piece was in 1984, so I’m guessing he’d be like 11 or 12 years old.  Now Soopafly don’t look real old to me, so he must have been getting some when he was real young.  I guess he was doing white hoes too back then.  You can just tell his pimp hand was strengthening back then as it appears that he had many of the playground hoes back then as well.  We get a great insight into the childhood of Soopafly, which helps greatly when one wants to reconstruct the past history of Soopafly as it pertains to his pre-rap career.  The actual song itself isn’t that great though as the rest of the rappers just don’t hold up their end of the song, and Soopa’s verse doesn’t save this one.  Rating 5/10.

51.   Game Too Tight (Unreleased Song w/Mac Shawn)
I have about 3 or 4 songs from Soopafly with Mac Shawn that are unreleased.  I’m guessing that Fly was helping Mac Shawn work on his death row album that ended up never getting released.  They make a great team.  I really dig Mac Shawn’s flow during his time while he was on the Row.  Soopafly just handles the chorus on this one, but it’s really catchy.  He let’s people know he pimps hoes from 8 to 80.  So if you are underage or if you are retired and you need to make some extra cash, Fly is letting the girls know that he will still pimp them even though they might not necessarily be in the accepted age bracket.  I’m sure Fly gets some older people looking for hoes, so you never know, older women might be a niche market for Fly’s pimp business.  Mac Shawn spits heat on this song too, and the beat rocks.  It’s a shame this song never got released on anything.  Rating 8/10.

52.   Gangbang Music (CT Experience - DJ Crazy Toones Mixtape)
Kurupt and Fly handle this song, with Crazy Toones DJ’ing throughout the song.  Soopafly raps about the streets and what happens if niggaz step to him.  A good line in this song is “You can’t fuck with the master, you bastards got it ass backwards.”  Kurupt does his part as well, but he’s a little weaker than Soopafly this time.  I think this is the first song they did together since their feud in which Soopafly obviously won, as Kurupt came crawling back as he was tired of living in fear of Soopafly meeting him on the street and beating his ass.  Usually these DJ songs suck because the DJs yell over the whole track, but that’s what I like about Crazy Toones, he just mixes and DJs and doesn’t yell over the track.  I guess a video was shot for this song too, as I saw it on youtube, but I never saw it on actual TV, like MTV or BET or anything.  Not a bad song, it seems disjointed though and I question if kurupt and Fly were even in the studio at the same time recording this, as it sounds mixed together.  Perhaps kurupt was still afraid of Fly and thought that the whole “squashing the beef” thing might just be a set up so Fly could beat his ass, since Fly never could get a hold of him on the streets as he was hiding under the desk in Suge’s office for most of his tenure with Tha Row.  Rating 7/10.

53.   Get The Money (Welcome To Tha Chuuch mixtape)
Archbishop Don Juan takes the intro on this song, then Soopafly takes a verse, followed by Snoop.  They rap to some classical music on this one.  It’s a cool new sound, the beat just isn’t real Westcoast or anything.  Once again, it’s about pimping bitches, but the weird thing is, Soopafly doesn’t really spit any funny lines on this one, it just gets right to the point, he pimps bitches that all his niggaz love.  That’s the gist of it.  One funny line: “I snap my fingers, my hoe start showing mouth.  Barracuda bitch I’ll show you what the hoe about”.  All Soopafly has to do is snap his fingers and bam, the bitch is ready to suck dick.  I don’t know if he uses hypnosis on these bitches or what, but that’s an amazing feat if you think about it, that he’s got these hoes mapped out like that.   You know, everybody acts like Don Magic Juan is a pimp veteran, but I wouldn’t be one bit surprised if he learned a bunch about the pimp game from hanging with Soopafly.  Rating 8/10.

54.   Get The Picture (Welcome To Tha Chuuch mixtape)
The beat on this song is weird, but it works with Soopafly’s style.  It’s pretty simplistic.  He talks about how he can beat niggaz asses.  He talks about one time how 85 g’s tried to jump him all at once, he punched a bunch of them so hard that they flew all the way to Paris, France.  The rest he just shot up.  He’s saying “Get the Picture, you keep messing with me, you’ll wind up dead”.  That’s what the whole song is about.  Two verses of straight gangsta talk.  I’d love to have hung out with Soopafly back in his gangbanging days, as it’d be great to see this day when he had to shoot near 85 people who kept messing with him.  I think that gets lost in his pimping ways.  Sure, he can beat bitches when they mouth off, but he can also beat up niggaz as well.  And any nigga he can’t beat up because they are too big or there are too many at one time, he’ll just shoot them.  We as fans can’t forget that.  Rating 8/10

55.   Get Ya Paper (Bangin Westcoast)
I’m not really feelin the beat on this one.  It sounds like it’s got squeaking tennis shoes going on in the background.  This song features Daz, his verse is OK.  Soopa’s verse is pretty good lyrically, talking about repping the westcoast until he dies.  Nothing really stands out on this track.  Rating 6/10.

56.   Girls Gone Wild (Girls Gone Wild Doggystyle DVD)
OK, this song came from a Girls Gone Wild DVD in which Snoop hosted.  This song in played on the DVD menu screen.  Someone must have ripped it off the DVD, because to my knowledge, this song was never released on anything officially.  You can tell it’s chopped up and put back together by the person who ripped the MP3 file.  Different portions of the song are played when you enter into the different DVD menu screens.  I bought the DVD just because I heard Soopafly was in it, and he was for a bit.  The actual DVD itself sucked, it just has a bunch of chicks in clubs flashing their titties, and some of the chicks are hot, some are fat, etc…  It’s really weak porn, and there is much better porn out there if that’s your taste.  Anyway, back to the song, it features Fly, Snoop, Bad Azz and Don Magic Juan.  All rappers have real short verses talking about hoes they have.  It’s a short 2 minute song, with each rapper taking about 30 seconds to rap their verse.  I think this was just a throwaway track, but it’s pretty rare I take it, so it’s nice to have for the collection.  Rating 4/10.

57.   Give It 2 Me (92.3 The Beat promo)
We’ve got another radio promo here for Julio G on 92.3 the beat.  Once again, since it’s been taped off the radio, the quality is pretty bad.  I think they played this song at the beginning of the Julio G show in like 1998 I’d guess.  Soopafly trades lines with Daz.  Fly reminisces about how tight rap used to be and also brags about himself.  Short song + bad quality = low rating.  Rating 2/10.

58.   Gotta Get Dis Money (The Wash Sdtk)
I got real excited when I saw this song was on The Wash soundtrack.  Dre’s got literally hundreds of rappers to pick from to make a soundtrack and he chose the man himself, Soopafly.  He was one of the few people on the Wash soundtrack not on Aftermath at the time.  I take this as Fly getting Dre’s stamp of approval.  It really did Dre no good to put him on the soundtrack, as it wouldn’t help Aftermath any, since he wasn’t signed to Aftermath.  I think Dre just put him on here because he loves Fly’s music.  The songs about how he’s gotta get his money from his hoes.  In the middle of the song he stops and tells his bitch to shut up and hold his drink.  Now that’s how you order you bitch around.  I thought Soopa would just blow up after this song, because The Wash soundtrack moved good units, and helped to get his name out in the mainstream, but once again Snoop dropped the ball and never did anything with all the publicity Soopa was getting from this song.  Rating 9/10.

59.   Groove On (Unreleased with Mac Shawn)
Here we go with another unreleased Mac Shawn/Soopafly collaboration.  Sounds like it was made the same time “Game Too Tight” was made and was probably for Mac Shawn’s Death Row CD that never got released.  This time Soopafly blesses Mac Shawn with a verse, where in the previous song, he just did the chorus.  This would have been a great club song, as the beat is great to dance to as the chorus goes “Get your back up off the wall, groove, groove on”.  Once again, Mac Shawn holds his own with the man as well.  Rating 9/10.

60.   Gun Up In Ya Mouth (Unreleased Dogg Pound/G-Unit song)
I had mixed feelings when I heard about the proposed DPG-Unit group/album that was supposed to be happening.  I really hate G-Unit as they are just fake gangstaz, unlike real G’s like Soopafly and Daz.  On one hand, it would have really got Soopafly into the limelight working with 50 cent and G-unit, who were super hot at the time.  But on the other hand, Soopafly most likely would have had to waste his beats and work with the B-team of G-Unit, like Young Bucc and waste good beats on crappy albums.  These kids from G-Unit don’t seem to care about the pimp game very much, so all of Soopafly’s pimp knowledge would have just been wasted trying to school these fools.  This collaboration was OK, It could have been a lot worse, but I’m really glad this is all they did together.  Daz and Snoop seemed to raise up off of 50 Cent’s dick not too long after this song was released, so that was the end of the DPG-Unit.  It was a nice experiment, but I’m glad it went no further than this.  Rating 6/10.

61.   Hat 2 Tha Back (The Big Squeeze)
This was the lead single off The Big Squeeze compilation.  Snoop picked a good track here to use, as it’s probably in the top 3 songs off that CD.  Simplistic beat that uses a sample from an unreleased Kanye West song “Dream Killaz”.  The Westurn Union raps about driving around with their system around town.  I certainly can relate to that, as I do that all the time to help promote Soopafly and all his songs.  I can’t tell you how many times I’m at a red light and the people in the car next to me ask me what song I’m bumping because they say it sounds tight.  I tell them all about Soopafly and hold up his album cover, and sure enough, the people say they gonna go buy a copy.  I usually don’t wear my hat to the back though, but I have spilled drink on my lap before, usually it’s Mountain Dew.  Anyways, this song is tight, Snoop handles the chorus.  Its cool that snoop’s helping them blow up and all, but I’m hoping now maybe snoop will lay low for a while, as I’m kind of getting tired of hearing him on all these Westurn Union cuts.  Rating 9/10

62.   Hate On Me (Space Boogie – Kurupt)
This song is straight fire!  I love the first line “If rapping was a bitch you’d have no pussy, maybe tongue kissing, but still no pussy”.  Fly saying you a decent rapper, but not great.  The beat is futuristic as hell, reminds me of “Don’t Stop” from Daz’s CD.  This was the song that introduced me to Damani, and he kills it on this song, that’s why I was glad to hear he was a part of Westurn Union.  He has a good line here “I change hoes like I change clothes”.  You can tell Soopa was already schooling him way back then.  Kurupt handles the last verse and wonders aloud why bitches blow dicks.  I never really thought about it that deeply like kurupt did, but apparently it’s because Soopafly told them to suck his dick.  There’s really no more reason than that.  We’ve already established that Soopafly has the power to just snap his fingers and hoes start sucking.  Best song on Space Boogie hands down.  Rating 10/10.

63.   Hell Yeah (Dat Woopty Woop album)
Judging by the intro of this song, sounds like Daz laced Soopafly with this beat, and it’s great!  I guess he gives Fly the day off and lets Soopafly just concentrate on his lyrics.  I could be wrong, but I think this song was on a soundtrack before Dat Woopty Woop came out, because I remember having this song in CDQ before his album came out.  It’s a fast upbeat song and Fly spits 2 verses with tons of energy.  Another great song to get hyped up to.  Tray Deee takes the third verse and just rips it gangsta style.  Great song.  Rating 10/10.

64.   Hey You (Doggystyle All-Stars Vol. 1)
This song sounds like an old 60’s or 70’s disco slow type song.  There’s an old sample in the chorus.  This is not a summertime song, more like a cold rainy day darker song.  E-White has the first verse, then Snoop, then Soopafly.  We get an insight of how Soopafly schedules his hoe’s workdays.  Basically telling them they gotta work the night shift sometimes. A great line in this song is: “Bitch take flight, you workin late night, you want a soopa pimp bitch, follow the break lights and the tire marks.  Bitch works from light to dark with twice the spark that most heffers can do.”  I love it how Soopafly calls some of his heavier bitches “heffers”.  It’s the only way they are going to get inspired to lose weight.  They need to be reminded they look like a cow on a daily basis.  Rating 7/10.

65.   Hittin Fo (Escape from Death Row compilation)
OK, this song straight bumps.  I have no idea what album this was originally intended for, as I doubt it was made specifically for this compilation, but it bangs.  I had never heard of Hitt from tha LBC, but he’s a decent rapper.  He is basically just a placeholder until the end when Soopafly takes the third verse and absolutely rocks it.  If I ever got a hold of a genie and was granted 3 wishes, one of them would be for this to be a Soopafly solo joint with 3 verses.  What a banging beat, it is a shame for Soopa to only spit one verse on it.  Great line here: “Sometimes I rhyme slow, sometimes I rhyme quick, when a nigga stack chips stay off of my dick”  Basically telling these niggaz to stop riding the coat tails of Soopafly and do they own damn thing.  Rating 10/10.

66.   Hot Dat Girl’z On Fire (Welcome To Tha Chuuch mixtape)
Snoop introduces Soopafly as one of the greatest players of all time, and he’s right.  Soopafly then goes right into his verse.  Unfortunately, the beat on this one sucks.  Once again, he calls his hoe a heffer.  He tells a great story in verse two about how he had 10 bitches give him head one after the other.  After a while, he tried to put his clothes back on but they just took his clothes off again.  Just proves how great it would be to hang out with this dude.  Song is really short too, only 2:36, and it’s forgettable.  Rating 3/10.

67.   Hurt That Nigga (Jayo Felony album)
I always thought Jayo Felony was a decent rapper, but he fails on this song.  He raps all off beat and goes from fast to slow at the wrong times throughout the song.  Especially when he raps the chorus, talking about hurting a nigga, he’s all offbeat.  Well then Soopafly comes on and spits a verse that is straight fire! Funny quotable here: “Let me shimmy, shake, rock, whether you like it or not. You lay up with hoes, I make a bitch sleep on a cot”.  He’s dissing these niggaz who end up sleeping with hoes after they do them.  As he said in one of his other songs, sometimes he even makes the sleep in the backyard, so if Fly is giving a bitch a cot to sleep on, he must really like her.  Then after Fly’s verse is over, right when you are about to move on to another song, Fly starts spitting again!  That’s right, he goes right into verse 3 and rocks the first part of it, then Jayo Felony finishes it up.  Fly was feeling really generous, as a verse and a half is quite a nice guest appearance.  Fly rips the song as a 10/10, but Jayo Felony F’s it up down to a 3/10, so the final rating has to reflect that, at no fault of Fly’s.  Rating 7/10.

68.   Hydro Hit (DJ Woo Kid Mixtape)
This song sounds unfinished as it’s really short.  Snoop says he’s in the house with G-Unit, so I don’t know if this was supposed to end up as another DPG-Unit song or not.  Daz shouts out G-Unit in this song too.  I imagine G-Unit was supposed to spit on the second half of this song, but it never happened.  That’s ok though, as they just would have ruined the song anyway.  Soopafly does manage to get one good line in here: “I fuck some hoes, after it’s over, kick them out, and I’m still smoking doja”.  Rating 8/10.

69.   I Don’t Hang (A Thin Line Between Love and Hate Sdtk)
I admit it, I totally slept on this song when it came out.  As I never dug Soopafly until the song “Like It Or Not” came out.  So after I became anointed as a Soopafly fan for life, I made it my mission to acquire all of this man’s music and study him.  So I had to go back and find this song.  The bad part is even this dirty version is edited, as the chorus goes “I don’t hang with no bustaz, I don’t hang with no ____, I don’t hang with no conniving ass bitches who ain’t out there making cash”.  Now I always guessed the edited word was “fags” but I never could 100% confirm it until last year when the song “That Way” came out, in which he raps the chorus again, and this time, the word ‘fags” is not censored….so that puts one of life’s mysteries to rest.  I guess the record execs thought the word “fag” was offensive, whatever.  Anyway, I believe this was Soopa’s first hit song.  They also shot a video for it, although I never saw it on BET or anything, and I was big into Rap City and stuff at the time, so I don’t know what the deal was.  In the third verse, Soopafly talks about an EP with Daz, so I guess they were planning on releasing a Soopafly EP at the time, but I guess it never happened.  Rating 8/10.

70.   I Don’t Hang Radio Edit (New lyrics) (I Don’t Hang promo single)
I got this off of a promo CD I got off of ebay for like 75.00, but it was worth it to have the radio version, the remix and the instrumental in CD quality.  I have the single on vinyl too, but it’s just not the same quality as the CD.  Plus it was Fly’s first big hit, so it’s pretty much priceless.  The chorus is changed on this one, as the “fags” line is completely altered, as well as elements of the other lines.  He still says the word “ass” a couple of times in this song, which gets edited, so even though he re-recorded the entire song, the execs must have thought it was still a little offensive.  I don’t really prefer one version over the other, as they are both about the same beat wise.  This song has great sentimental value since it was Fly’s first big hit, kind of like his rookie card in baseball card terms.  Rating 8/10. 

Dang, i can't post anymore, thread continued in another post.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 05:32:55 AM by Soopafly DPGC »

Soopahigh

Re: A Review Of Every Soopafly Song Ever Made - 1st 40 Songs Completed!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 05:59:45 AM »
I disagree with most of your reviews but good job anyway

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 06:16:36 AM »
Thanks.  It's cool, i know reviews are all subjective.  Point out a couple of joints you disagree with and explain to me why.  Maybe you've noticed something in some songs that I missed out on or didn't pay attention to.  I'm not at all above admitting I was wrong in a review if someone provides a convincing case otherwise.  I'd like to get a big open, informative discussion about all of his songs, so fire away :)

SleezyMac1-8-7

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 10:46:53 AM »
30.   Dogg Catcha Remix (Dogg Catcha single)
Same review as above, but Snoop Dogg comes in and drops a second verse on this version. It only makes the song slightly better.  Doesn’t make up for the fact that on the CD booklet, the song says “featuring Soopafly” then you get your hopes all up and it turns out the man says two words in the whole song.  Rating 3/10.

Can someone hook this track up? I've never heard it :)

smegma

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 11:00:47 AM »
Damn, I thought I used to be bad when it came down to TQ a few years ago. This guy and Lunatic63 proved to me I wasn't so bad at all. They're a lot worse with their obsessions for Soopafly and T.I. lol

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 09:21:39 PM »
24.   Dat Woopty Woop (Dat Woopty Woop album)
This was another song that I originally had before the album came out.  I think it was one of the old westcoast websites like westcoast2k.cjb.net or something like that.  But back then it was called “Soopa Snoop”, so I thought that was the name of the song until the CD dropped.  The beat is really plain and simplistic, but Soopafly’s lyrics save this one, he’s got some real memorable lines in this one, such as: “Baby wanted me to buy her a ring, I called her on the phone, there you go, you got your ring”. “You aint’ getting jack shit from me, told me this other nigga gave you a G, whoo wee, it ain’t me, it ain’t I, you ain’t green and you damn sure can’t get me high”.  “Told the hoe you can go on and do your thing, hit the streets while you at it bitch, buy me a chain”.  The weird part is snoop is talking about doing a big fat hoe with a cute face. Now I don’t care how cute a hoe’s face is, I’d never do her if she were fat.  Rating 9/10.

yeah i remember that verse too.. sick & i got it off westcoast2k too
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

EmAn

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 09:43:00 PM »
that niggaz stanism is impeccable.... ::)

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 09:53:10 PM »
I would have to write a book for Kurupts songs

D~Nice

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 09:55:11 PM »
When are you going to do Bad Lucc's songs?

frisch213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 12:31:08 AM »
Wow...u got some time on your hands bro....

Okka

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 01:40:17 AM »
9. Are You Ready (Doggystyle All-Stars Vol. 1)
First off, the beat on this song sucks, which is surprising as I think it’s a Primo beat.  It’s really slow and sounds all off-beat.  The chorus is weak with the slow motion voice saying “Are You Ready?” over and over.  The good part is it’s a solo Soopafly track, so we get 2 verses of Fly’s rhyme. It’s a short song at 2:40.  If you can stand the beat, there’s some good lines in there…not really checkin any bitches though.  I usually skip this one unfortunately, as there was another Soopafly solo on that CD that was 100x better. (bitch’s treat).  Rating 2/10

31.   Dogghouse America (Doggystyle All-Stars Vol. 1)
Another weird eastcoast sounding beat.  Soopafly has a decent verse on here, but basically says nothing.  I just don’t think he had much inspiration to use any of his golden lyrics on a beat like this, because he knew it was going to get skipped time and time again, so I don’t blame him.  Let’s face it, when Kokane uses a “God Bless America” sample for a chorus on a rap song, you know you’re F’ed.  He just wails and wails at the end of this song and ruins it.  Rating 1/10

"Are You Ready"=That's one of my favourite songs by Soopafly, great beat and Soopa spits game.

"Dogg House America"= One of the best beats in the whole album, E-White has a great verse on it, classic shit.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 01:42:38 AM »
Wow...u got some time on your hands bro....

Wayyyyyyyy 2 much!!!

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 05:12:39 AM »
When are you going to do Bad Lucc's songs?

When he honors Soopafly's wishes and posts 50 sac like he was supposed to do.  I already tried to clear the air with the dude, it's all on him now if he wants a fan or not.

MY FIRST LOVE WAS HIP HOP

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i have to disagree with your review of Gangbang music off CT experience. Kurupt KILLS that one

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i have to disagree with your review of Gangbang music off CT experience. Kurupt KILLS that one

I agree, kurupt is good on this one as well as Fly.  It just seems like they are two seperate songs stuck together.  There is no common thread they are rapping about between the two verses.  That, along with the beat just keeps me from playing the song a whole lot.  I can't put my finger on it, but the songs doesn't just hit me like some of the other Kurupt/Fly songs do, like Hate On Me and Way Too Often.  They have good chemistry together when Fly isn't punking kurupt out.  It'd be cool if they did an album together someday.