Author Topic: The "NEW WEST?" - Just isn't it.  (Read 682 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The "NEW WEST?" - Just isn't it.
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2008, 11:52:34 AM »
homie is dope but where the fuck is a album?

also gotta say sly boogie is on top of his shit. people gotta give that dude more love.
he got a dope underground hip hop style flow and actually knows how to write good songs.

and i gotta say, just cuz you dont sell a million off the bat doesnt mean your a failure or a flop.
dudes got that record industry bullshit stuck in their shit to much.

these dudes should just drop albums and go promote full time, go tour,
get on the radio stations, internet, whatever.

its like artists dont have any hustle anymore. just cuz they drop a couple mixtapes
on the net or a youtube video they think they're gonna generate a buzz.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2008, 12:04:10 PM »
bad lucc
ya boy
bishop lamont
g malone
jay rock
clyde carson
dae one

these cats are bringin heat!
theyre shinin right now
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

HimselfTheMajestic

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2008, 12:04:37 PM »
yeah i know i know.

hes been hot for a minute, i feel like his buzz sorta died down.

instead of going major, dudes like him should just go indie.
hell probably find alot more longevity in the industry plus hell retain creativity in his music.

i still dont get why rappers are still trying to fuck with major labels in this day in age?

look at saigon, or fuck it ima keep it west, look at ras kass.

if your spitting real shit, major labels arent gonna fuck with you. plain and simple.

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2008, 12:42:53 PM »
All the New West are hot. They can all come out with crazy albums. They just arent getting the shine they need to bring the West back.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2008, 01:36:42 PM »
another reason I think theres not much goin on the west is cuz so many are tryna to be rappers
I mena im not hatin on the cats tryna to do their thing or tried, but think about it:

ya boy
juice
halla
k dot
bangloose
jay rock
problem
j wells
bishop lamont
g malone
dro
tha trapp
young hoggs
taje
dae one
crooked (hes considered new west and OG)
cashis
spi
mopreme
and a gang of others who are newer rappers maybe not part of the new west

again not sayin some of them arent dope it seems like theres a nation tryna to rap!
so others get moved to the bacc of the line
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 01:38:33 PM by enyce »
Cube

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2008, 01:41:46 PM »
^^Yah man, and none of them are releasing albums, its pretty pathetic, they only drop mixtapes now and then to stay relevent!!!

Philip1123

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2008, 02:42:55 PM »
The thing is that those "new West coast" artists or whatever DO NOT RELEASE ALBUMS. They fuck around with those stupid mixtapes (and I am talking about Crooked I too!!), do forgettable guest features, and no albums. Without an album, and album sales, you ain't shit in my book, sorry.

yeapp

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2008, 04:14:16 PM »
I honestly Expect Jay Rock Album to be dope if not blow up be some dope fuccin' music from what I have been told it sounds liek Crooked I is my favorite at this time I expect shit to murder (yeah so what eight years I have been waiting personally since hearing him on the wake up show) alot of dope rappers but I feel you on the album making but in this era of ringtone alog with you can create your own playlist on your ipod I guess people chose to make a classic album aint what's up any more

frill

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2008, 05:19:30 PM »
Yeah the New West does suck. Fans are so desperate, they'll like anyone. Ya Boy, Clyde, all this shit. It all completely sucks. Like it might be good for independent market, or mixtapes. But none of these guys will EVER release a full album, even near a major label. The only guys who had a chance were people like Sly Boogy, or Crooked I or Bishop. Fuck the new west. Bishop been waiting like 2 years for his album, and even he isn't very good.

If Quik and the Hamburglar can't get a deal for that Fixxers crap, what chance does some no name kid? The Game lucked out because of Dre and 50. And Dre has proven he can't release albums in a timely manner anyways.

The fact is, sales killed the West. Album sales are down for every hip hop act. So labels look to people like 50, or Game, or Snoop, or Jay-Z, people who have sold millions, to sell more. It's less of a risk. Release a 50 Cent album, you'll sell gold every time. Same with a lot of older artists.

Why would they invest in new talent (which isn't even very good) if they won't sell more then what the artists they already have? The New West won't do shit for music unless people like Quik, or Dre make it happen.

TrippleC

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2008, 07:44:56 PM »
Yeah the New West does suck. Fans are so desperate, they'll like anyone. Ya Boy, Clyde, all this shit. It all completely sucks. Like it might be good for independent market, or mixtapes. But none of these guys will EVER release a full album, even near a major label. The only guys who had a chance were people like Sly Boogy, or Crooked I or Bishop. Fuck the new west. Bishop been waiting like 2 years for his album, and even he isn't very good.

If Quik and the Hamburglar can't get a deal for that Fixxers crap, what chance does some no name kid? The Game lucked out because of Dre and 50. And Dre has proven he can't release albums in a timely manner anyways.

The fact is, sales killed the West. Album sales are down for every hip hop act. So labels look to people like 50, or Game, or Snoop, or Jay-Z, people who have sold millions, to sell more. It's less of a risk. Release a 50 Cent album, you'll sell gold every time. Same with a lot of older artists.

Why would they invest in new talent (which isn't even very good) if they won't sell more then what the artists they already have? The New West won't do shit for music unless people like Quik, or Dre make it happen.

What planet are you living on?? Those guy's had there time. Give the new guy's a chance.

92 Riots

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2008, 08:21:06 PM »
I have seen some good points in here.

I want to believe that we have some new blood, but I just don't see how it's going to happen for us right now.

I have always thought it was funny how rap fans always talk about who's next to blow up. Who has the potential, who's going to be the next Jay, Snoop, Dre. Thing is, the ones who come out are usually people we have never heard of before, and they seem to get bigger breaks than the ones we know about.

I remember when The Game came out. In 2002, West Coast rap fans were saying "Crooked I, Sly Boogy, Knoc-Turn'al, Hittman are next, they just need a chance." Then out of nowhere, we read that Dre signed some Compton rapper named THE GAME to Aftermath. Most fans said, who the hell is he? Why didn't he signed Crooked? What happened to Hittman? Why didn't he push Knoc? We all thought he would be another one to get dropped. But surprisingly, he came out and blew up.

Same time period, we heard songs on the radio and said, Is this some more Biggie unreleased music? Then we found out that it was not Biggie, it was a rapper named Guerilla Black from Compton. Again, we said Who the hell is he? Why does he get videos when these other rappers don't?

Even smaller things have happened. Who has heard of the L.A.X. Boys? Who has heard of Board Bangers? Well, I saw both of their videos on BET in 2007. They are all from L.A., but we didn't know anything about them at all. Companies just saw something gimmicky in them, which doesn't mean they do or don't have talent. But they had something, good or bad, that companies decided to promote, versus all of the other artists we have.

I just think things will be like this for a while. We will talk about every artist that we listed, and we might see an occasional video from somebody like G. Malone who has "Certified" sprinkled in on Rap City. But watch us see 3-4 more WHO THE FUCK ARE THEY, WHY ISN'T THAT CROOKED I OR JAY ROCK rappers end up with radio singles that get play on radio and BET.

BIGWORM

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2008, 09:32:33 PM »
LOL how can we support them if they can't even make an album and have it in retail stores. Much props for a few of the "INTERNET NEW WEST ARTISTS" for making some nice shit but it seems thats all that they will ever be. Maybe they should create a label called "Internet Records" so they don't feel pressured on actually giving us something to buy.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2008, 09:34:28 PM »
thats the problem who the fuck has invested in crooked?
noone and cats be talkin like shit I know russell, I know diddy, I know etc.. shit if I wanted to get a deal it aint a damn thang but a phone call, and my album will be out, obviously thats not the case.
but shit why the fuck you waitin for a phone call from russell crooked?????
I mean if hes a BOSS, then what the fuck is goin on?

Cube

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2008, 09:43:57 PM »
damn thats some real talk!
but crooked is one of the dopest to rap period.
why jay-z, russell dont fuck wit him? (who the fuck knows?)
why he dont get at them? (who the fuck knows????)
why hasnt he released a album? (who the fuck knows, altho I think he could have released many but thats jus me)
what is he tryna to perfect durin this time of the rap game???
Is he tryna to to say hes the best rapper alive or to ever touch a mic, with puttin out a dope album?
what if the album isnt dope? 
what will he do?

my point is there is no valid reason for not havin released a  FUCKIN ALBUM!

now to the new west rappers, you gotta give them time for real

bad lucc, bishop lamont, g malone ya boy, these are new faces startin to come up and make noise. 
but I still dont understand why dre didnt help knoc, hit, crooked, timebomb and others more?
hes not their dr or "daddy" but you could have made money on them and it would have been westcoast. 

I have seen some good points in here.

I want to believe that we have some new blood, but I just don't see how it's going to happen for us right now.

I have always thought it was funny how rap fans always talk about who's next to blow up. Who has the potential, who's going to be the next Jay, Snoop, Dre. Thing is, the ones who come out are usually people we have never heard of before, and they seem to get bigger breaks than the ones we know about.

I remember when The Game came out. In 2002, West Coast rap fans were saying "Crooked I, Sly Boogy, Knoc-Turn'al, Hittman are next, they just need a chance." Then out of nowhere, we read that Dre signed some Compton rapper named THE GAME to Aftermath. Most fans said, who the hell is he? Why didn't he signed Crooked? What happened to Hittman? Why didn't he push Knoc? We all thought he would be another one to get dropped. But surprisingly, he came out and blew up.

Same time period, we heard songs on the radio and said, Is this some more Biggie unreleased music? Then we found out that it was not Biggie, it was a rapper named Guerilla Black from Compton. Again, we said Who the hell is he? Why does he get videos when these other rappers don't?

Even smaller things have happened. Who has heard of the L.A.X. Boys? Who has heard of Board Bangers? Well, I saw both of their videos on BET in 2007. They are all from L.A., but we didn't know anything about them at all. Companies just saw something gimmicky in them, which doesn't mean they do or don't have talent. But they had something, good or bad, that companies decided to promote, versus all of the other artists we have.

I just think things will be like this for a while. We will talk about every artist that we listed, and we might see an occasional video from somebody like G. Malone who has "Certified" sprinkled in on Rap City. But watch us see 3-4 more WHO THE FUCK ARE THEY, WHY ISN'T THAT CROOKED I OR JAY ROCK rappers end up with radio singles that get play on radio and BET.
Cube

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2008, 10:18:52 PM »
I am a true fan of California rap, especially for L.A. I have been hearing a lot of people talk about the "NEW WEST" as in the new age of West Coast Rappers, but really meaning the L.A. ones.

I have talked to a lot of the newer cats who are coming up, and a lot of them do have their independent deals and everything. That's cool. But, most of them complain about how the fans don't want to hear anything new, and how DJ's will still play all of the 90's artists and nothing new.

I do feel that it is time for new blood on the West. But, The "NEW WEST" just hasn't been cuttin it for me. For one, it's not just about how good you can rap, it's about how good your songs and albums are. Yeah, I've heard all the rappers that people talk about on here, and some of them can rap. The main problem is that everybody wants to say "the South is on top, and we got better rappers than them." Yeah we might, but what kind of music have we put out?

I think a lot of "NEW WEST" rappers are lyrically better than some of our 90's legends. But, they haven't made the product to prove anything. Their songs either sound like C-grade versions of the South's hits, or C-grade versions of what we've been doing since the 90's. It's more to it than just who can rap, or make a decent catchy song.

I havent heard anything from these new cats that made me feel that they had the potential to make a timeless classic album. When my cousins in Brooklyn ask me what we got next that will "bring the West back" I tell them that I don't even care anymore. If you think about it, we've spent 8-10 years asking this question. But we were only on "Top" for 3-5 years max, and even then, the East was right there.

Crooked I shouldnt even count as a New West artist. I think he is the best rapper we have, but he cannot make songs! Sly Boogy made much better songs that Crooked ever has.

People have been referring to the "New West" down here for years. Years before it was even being associated with LA rappers. LA is just a bigger market and is able to commercialize terms like that more.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"