Author Topic: Wow T-Mac is a real bitch  (Read 319 times)

GangstaBoogy

Wow T-Mac is a real bitch
« on: April 24, 2008, 01:52:13 PM »
McGrady: Playoffs put him in 'tough situation'

All those pointing at Tracy McGrady for the Rockets' failures in their playoff series against the Utah Jazz and his inability to get beyond the first round in six previous playoff appearances heard a surprising voice join their cause Wednesday.

McGrady blamed himself.

Sort of.

Mocking those who blame him, McGrady joined the chorus.

"It's my fault," McGrady said. "It's my fault we missed free throws. It's my fault we lost both games. Blame me. It's my fault we fouled to tie the game up. That's my fault. It's my fault they get easy layups. It's my fault we're not executing well on the offensive end. It's my fault a couple people in the stands ordered Heinekens and they got Budweiser. It's my fault. I'm sorry."

Told the beer reference might have revealed his straight-faced sarcasm, McGrady rolled on.

"I am serious," he said. "It's my fault. Everything is my fault. It's my fault. It's T-Mac's fault.

"Everybody's blaming me. The Suns (for being down 2-0 to the Spurs). I mean, everybody. That's what it seems like. It's my fault. I'm out there by myself."

McGrady carried the Rockets for three quarters on Monday, combining 22 points with 10 rebounds and nine assists. He had one point, three rebounds and no assists in the fourth quarter as the Rockets fell into a 2-0 hole going into Game 3 at Utah tonight.

In the first two games, McGrady is 0-for-7 shooting in the fourth quarter, prompting more debate on his play in this and past postseasons.

"I'm in a tough position," McGrady said. "If I go out and try to be passive and we're not making shots, then we're in a hole. If I am aggressive and I have to stay that way, then fourth quarter, I'm worn out, don't have the lift I do in the first three quarters. It's a tough situation to be in.

"Story of my season or my playoff career."

This has become a greater issue in light of the Rockets' playing the first two games of the series without Yao Ming and Rafer Alston.

"That's another one of my faults: that Rafer got hurt and Yao got hurt," McGrady said. "It's my fault. I'm sorry.

"Even some of the guys can't even believe it. I was talking to one of the guys, and he was like, 'I would hate to be you. I really can't believe what some of the people say about you, especially after playing the game you played the other night.' They can't believe it."

Coach Rick Adelman also seemed surprised by the criticism but said he was not concerned that it would affect McGrady's approach or performance.

"He's got a lot on his shoulders right now, no matter what he does," Adelman said. "He almost got a triple-double, and it still wasn't good enough. He's going to be fine. He's pretty tough mentally. He'll get through it."

McGrady also said he will not change the way he plays. Though he made it clear he was extremely aware of the criticism, he said it doesn't bother him.

"I've got to keep on doing what I do," he said. "I can't even worry about that."

McGrady did acknowledge that if the Rockets win, he will be given excessive credit.

"You said it, man. That's it," McGrady said. "If we win that game (Monday) night — despite me scoring only one point in the fourth quarter — if we win that game, oh, I had an awesome game, an unbelievable game. If we win, I made my teammates better, I rebounded, I played defense. That would have been the story line. But because we lost ...

"I can't do nothing about it."

Told that his childhood hero, Magic Johnson, had praised him on the TNT broadcast, McGrady said that will do.

"If Magic Johnson liked my game," McGrady said, "then damn what everyone else says."

1 point in two 4th quarters combined. No excuse for that virgin boy.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Lunatic

Re: Wow T-Mac is a real bitch
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 01:53:19 PM »
dude stays losing in the first round :laugh:  utah finna sweep these boys...
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 01:58:21 PM »
Excellent. I hope he gets traded to the Mavs for Kidd. They really should get rid of him FAST.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 02:05:37 PM »
Nowitzki, T-Mac, and Eddie Jones on the same team? If I were David Stern I would ban them from waisting a playoff spot.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 02:52:03 PM »
Excellent. I hope he gets traded to the Mavs for Kidd. They really should get rid of him FAST.

you're the same guy who used to cry about Laker fans for coming up with pipe-dream trades... :-*

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 03:02:05 PM »
^Your pipe dream shit was on another level. You guys wanted to trade George for Garnett or sign Bosh for the MLE. LOL

I know I'm on some pipe dream shit as well... but there is no doubt that something will happen this off-season if Dallas is bounced by NO... Avery fired.. Cuban selling them.. Kidd traded.. SOMETHING
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 03:55:28 PM »
^Your pipe dream shit was on another level. You guys wanted to trade George for Garnett or sign Bosh for the MLE. LOL

I know I'm on some pipe dream shit as well... but there is no doubt that something will happen this off-season if Dallas is bounced by NO... Avery fired.. Cuban selling them.. Kidd traded.. SOMETHING

not really...we got more than what we asked for, so please refrain from commenting on the matter.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 04:29:43 PM »
t-mac needs to stop crying like a bitch. a combined total of 1 point in 2 games worth of 4th quarters is going to get you crticism no matter who you are

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 05:05:09 PM »
^Only a true bitchel would deny blame for something like that.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 05:17:25 PM »
He was an assist away from a triple double and gets no rest throughout the game because if he get's taken out, Utah goes on a run.  Unfortunately none of his teammates can create their own shot.

McGrady was told that his childhood hero, Magic Johnson, had praised him on the TNT broadcast.

"If Magic Johnson liked my game," McGrady said, "then damn what everyone else says."

« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 05:20:11 PM by Citizen-Y »

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 07:49:31 PM »
I feel for T-Mac.. (Danmmed if he does, Dannmmed if he don't)
That 22 Game winning streak has drained them going into the playoffs.
Houston's season is on the line tonight!

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2008, 08:43:42 AM »
Ive never liked this guy, some of my boys like him ...individualy talented but he cant bring his team to the next level. hes not a leader or has the respect fro others to falllow him

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2008, 09:17:37 AM »
Ive never liked this guy, some of my boys like him ...individualy talented but he cant bring his team to the next level. hes not a leader or has the respect fro others to falllow him

yo mang its not like Yao Ming isn't out

anyone is finna miss a 7 footer who gets 20-10 a night
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

thisoneguy360

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2008, 10:17:54 AM »

He's choked a lot yeah but you can't really blame dude, they're playing without their second best scorer/best rebounder