Author Topic: Gamers Furious About Grand Theft Auto 4 Glitch (LMAO)  (Read 383 times)

Elano

Gamers Furious About Grand Theft Auto 4 Glitch (LMAO)
« on: April 30, 2008, 06:51:56 AM »
Amidst the hype of being the biggest video game release ever, Grand Theft Auto 4 was released to gamers across the country – but not without controversy. The controversy being spoken of, however, is not of the game’s content. Rather, the controversy is actually getting the game to work.
As many happy gamers took their copy of GTA4 home to play on their PS3 or Xbox 360, slowly forums began popping up with stories about the game “freezing.” This is a similar problem that Rockstar Games had with the release of Bully on the Xbox 360 last month.
Internet forums from Gamespot, IGN, Sony and Xbox lit aflame with rampant tales of the game freezing up both Xbox 360s and PS3s. At first, many thought there was a problem with the system but it appears that there is a glitch in the game that prevents players from playing longer than 5 minutes without freezing indefinitely.
Owners of the game are quite upset and have been flooding technical service lines with their frustrations. Unfortunately, there has yet to be an answer as to why the game is having this problem. It appears that it is not all of the GTA4 copies, but many copies are having this issue.
Rockstar has yet to release an official statement regarding the problem and gamers must wait even longer to finally get their hands on what could be the most hyped release in video game history.   

wilz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Gamers Furious About Grand Theft Auto 4 Glitch (LMAO)
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 07:02:32 AM »
My copy is fine. Thank God

[img]

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 07:03:13 AM »

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape

~Lucien~

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 07:09:16 AM »
I have the same problem. And I fixed it. When you turn on your PS3 you will log in automaticaly to the PSN (Playstation Network) while starting up the game. I think because of the entire world is playing GTA4 right now, the Rockstar servers are fucked. So I quit the game. Logged off the Playstation Network and I can play my game without any problems. Just play the game offline. I haven't tried the online mode yet. Because yesterday the Rockstar servers were fucked.

On a side note:
When I first played the game I had no problems at all. But when I linked my PSN account to Rockstar's Social Club my game was fucked up!

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 10:53:41 AM »
Mine is fine. I had it since yesterday.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 12:03:11 PM »

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

E-L-P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 21 & Over
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 12:37:59 PM »
No probs with mine.
My Future Wife:

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

MoreSwaggerThanMickJagger

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 09:37:18 PM »
I have the same problem. And I fixed it. When you turn on your PS3 you will log in automaticaly to the PSN (Playstation Network) while starting up the game. I think because of the entire world is playing GTA4 right now, the Rockstar servers are fucked. So I quit the game. Logged off the Playstation Network and I can play my game without any problems. Just play the game offline. I haven't tried the online mode yet. Because yesterday the Rockstar servers were fucked.

On a side note:
When I first played the game I had no problems at all. But when I linked my PSN account to Rockstar's Social Club my game was fucked up!

you hit the nail on the head.  I had the same problem with MLB The Show 08 when it first came out.  After a couple weeks sony worked on the online portion of the game and the freezing prob was fixed.  yeah for now just play the game without logging in to the network and you should be fine.  (dont worry I am sure they will fix the problem soon like they did for MLB The Show,  although that was Sony and this is Rockstar but still.)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2008, 01:27:50 AM »
mine is good. but i've had this problem with nba2k8. fixed it how homie said above.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

juandoe

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 01:12:32 AM »
lmao