Author Topic: The Watchmen  (Read 1363 times)

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
The Watchmen
« on: May 04, 2008, 05:36:29 AM »
http://watchmenmovie.warnerbros.com/

Yea baby! Release date of March of 2009.

If you guys havn't read the Comic novel....GO GET IT NOW!

They got pictures as well on the imdb.com website
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 05:39:44 AM by eS El Duque »
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

MY FIRST LOVE WAS HIP HOP

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Watchmen
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 07:11:01 PM »
It's a great comic book, very hyped for the movie..

Elano

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 10:36:17 PM »
new trailer  8)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2VLA0tg5yI0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2VLA0tg5yI0</a>

exclusive behind the scenes

The Watcher

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 12:37:04 AM »
incase you havent been keeping up ..

- WB are making the movie, its finished pretty much
- FOX own the rights to watchmen, and have since the 80s. they just didnt make any noise until this shit was complete

based on this, FOX has taken WB to court and got an injunction which is pretty much gonna stop the release of the movie, unless WB agree to sign over a % of the profits etc to FOX

unless WB signs that shit over, this movie wont be getting released for a while
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Elano

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 02:13:18 AM »
Warner Bros. pushes for ruling on 'Watchmen' release

The Studio asks the judge in its clash with 20th Century Fox to expedite a hearing on whether the film can open as scheduled March 6.

Warner Bros. is urging a federal judge to move up the date on which he will hear arguments about whether the studio may release the much-anticipated movie "Watchmen," arguing that "time is of the essence," with tens of millions of dollars in marketing expenses on the line.

"Watchmen," based on a graphic novel by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons, is scheduled for release March 6. But the movie is at the center of a bitter legal battle between Warner Bros. and 20th Century Fox.

U.S. District Judge Gary A. Feess said in a preliminary ruling last month that Fox controlled distribution rights to the film, but he deferred a final decision on whether Warner could release the film.

Warner Bros. disclosed in court filings that "Watchmen," which the studio hopes will be a global blockbuster, cost $130 million to produce, with marketing and promotion expenditures pushing the studio's total investment to "more than $150 million."

On Monday, Fox and Warner agreed to skip a jury trial and let Feess convene a hearing Jan. 20 on whether Warner should be blocked from releasing the movie.

But on Tuesday, with the release date less than eight weeks away, Warner asked the judge to begin the hearing eight days earlier, on Monday. The studio is already running trailers in theaters promoting "Watchmen."

"Because the release date for 'Watchmen' is less than two months away and Warner Bros. must imminently commit to spending tens of millions of dollars on its marketing and promotional campaign for the picture, time is of the essence," Warner Bros. said in its request.

Feess made no immediate decision about advancing the hearing date but is expected to rule Friday.

Warner and Fox have battled for nearly a year over which studio controls the film's distribution rights in a clash that began when Fox sued Warner for copyright infringement.

In legal papers filed this week, Warner argued that Fox should not be allowed to block its release of the film March 6 because doing so would impair the film and the studio.

Feess ruled Dec. 24 that Fox controlled the film's distribution rights. Fox and Warner have tried to settle the dispute out of court without success.

Fox has successfully argued that "Watchmen" producer and former Fox studio chief Larry Gordon failed to obtain the rights to the property from Fox before taking the film to Warner, where it was directed by "300" filmmaker Zack Snyder.

In a separate filing, Warner disputed Fox's contention that it would be irreparably injured if Warner were allowed to distribute the movie as planned, asserting that the opposite was actually true.

"Witnesses will testify that Warner Bros. and Paramount [which is distributing 'Watchmen' overseas] are at least as competent as Fox to distribute the film, and any argument that the picture would do better at the box office and in other media were Fox distributing it is unwarranted speculation," Warner says.

Fox has said in court papers that it believes Warner will argue that Fox, which has been stung by a series of commercial flops, is an "underperforming studio."

"The evidence will show that 'Watchmen' is a superior and significant creative work, embodying years of intensive labor by hundreds of talented individuals and eagerly awaited by legions of fans around the world," Warner said.

LeftCoaster22

• Lil Geezy
  • I love my job working with hollywood.com :)
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 03:32:23 PM »
I not familiar with the comics but I saw the trailer for it when I went to the movies this weekend and it looked awesome! Can't wait for it!

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 03:35:12 PM »
looks corny as fuck to me....

the ghost

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 03:37:21 PM »
Can't wait.  It looks dead on like the graphic novel.  Hope the movie lives up to the hype!

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 04:40:30 PM »

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 09:42:17 AM »
Not To Familiar With The Comics But This Movie Looks Good.....I'm Have To Look Into Tracking Down Tha Issues.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 01:18:56 PM »

Read the comics. It is far and away the best thing to ever come out of the comic world. So good that it's the only book that ever gets mentioned in best novel lists.

Alan Moore has said it was never meant to be a film and even wrote the story with that mind. Watchmen was written not to show that you can make a great movie or novel, but written to show what you can do with comics that cannot be done in film or literature. It's a fucking masterpiece.

That being said I don't look forward to the film at all. I really believe that the best thing about it will end up being the Smashing Pumpkins song in the trailer.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2009, 11:31:04 PM »
I've checked out some scenes from the film, they look pretty horrible.  Imma try to get it on bootleg just to see how bad Snyder fucked up on this one. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 08:20:27 AM »
I've checked out some scenes from the film, they look pretty horrible.  Imma try to get it on bootleg just to see how bad Snyder fucked up on this one. 

The only way, in my mind, that this project ever stood a chance would have been a 12 part TV series on HBO and directed in the same way Rodriguez did Sin City, meaning go panel to frame and spend a lot of time with Gibbons on what he feels it should look like on screen. I would have been excited about that project.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2009, 07:17:18 PM »

Read the comics. It is far and away the best thing to ever come out of the comic world. So good that it's the only book that ever gets mentioned in best novel lists.

Alan Moore has said it was never meant to be a film and even wrote the story with that mind. Watchmen was written not to show that you can make a great movie or novel, but written to show what you can do with comics that cannot be done in film or literature. It's a fucking masterpiece.

That being said I don't look forward to the film at all. I really believe that the best thing about it will end up being the Smashing Pumpkins song in the trailer.
im not a comics guy at all so its not really targeted towards me so its all good. to me even the costumes just look goofy though,like some adam west batman type ish....i dunno maybe that the intention????......

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2009, 09:48:44 PM »

im not a comics guy at all so its not really targeted towards me so its all good. to me even the costumes just look goofy though,like some adam west batman type ish....i dunno maybe that the intention????......

But it is targeted towards you. No self respecting fan of the comic is anticipating this film or expects it to be anything better than average.

When I say read the comic. I don't say that to comic book fans. I say that to fans of great storytelling. It's the kind of book that could be used in a University literature class. The type that takes a few reads to fully understand.