Author Topic: I said it before and I'll say it again...  (Read 1277 times)

boycriedwolf

Re: I said it before and I'll say it again...
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2008, 05:51:46 AM »
Kobe deserves to get it simply because he has been robbed several times before. And people forget MVP stands for MOST VALUABLE PLAYER in the league, not to his own team. Even so Kobe wins on both accounts. Chris Paul will get one someday but not now

Corporate Hustler

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2008, 03:56:34 PM »
Chris Paul was a legit contender but Kobe clearly deserved it this year

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2008, 04:32:37 PM »
This year CP3 shoulda got it, but Kobe deserved it last year so I guess it is what it is. I have no idea how they gave it to Dirk last year though. Damn shame.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2008, 04:42:22 PM »
What's more impressive - the Lakers finishing where they did this year or the Hornets?  Paul was more valuable to the Hornets than Kobe was to the Lakers.

I'd say the Lakers finishing in first place of the Western Conference. But thats my opinion... and apparantly those of the writers association that vote. Paul did a good job, but there can only be one MVP and this was Kobe's year. Paul will have his chance in the future (if he can keep it up).

Jrome has a point though. you know that Gasol is responsible for making the Lakers contenders again.

and Odom had a breakout season. where's the love for him?

every team has a person that helps.... you mean to tell me that Paul gets all of the credit for the Hornets and David West doesn't? He's had a break out year... and without his contribution they wouldn't have won a lot of those games....

fact is.... Kobe is the glue that holds the Lakers together and their motivating factor... Gasol or not, they don't win without him. Who do you think takes over the 4th quarter for the Lakers? 

West didn't even put up 20 and 10 and Kobe had Bynum helping early on.

West was a borderline all-star. he didn't even deserve making the team over some guys (Baron Davis, etc.)

I'm not hating on Kobe at all and think he's one of the greatest players to ever play, but no one picked NO to finish higher than maybe 5th in the west.

point being, take Paul off NO and take Kobe off LA, and Lakers will probably win more games when it's all said and done.

First off, West was a key contributor in Paul having an MVP-type season... call him a borderline all-star if you will, but he was a key component for that team and they would have lost quite a few of those games without his play.

Granted if you take Kobe off of the Lakers and Paul off of the Hornets they would lose games.... a shit load of games... who would lose more? I don't know...and neither do you. We can try to guess, but there is no certainty. As for nobody picking the Hornets to go higher? Who cares? The Lakers weren't exactly scaring any teams when the season started. Bynum didn't even start to blossum right away this season. The team was still known as Kobe and a bunch of other dudes. Expectations for the team were so low that the captain even wanted to quit right before the season....

Anyway... I don't even know why I'm going back and forth? The MVP is settled for this year and no debating can change anything. Better luck for your dude next year....

I respect your opinion and agree that Kobe won it this year regardless if he was much more the mvp over the prior 3 seasons.  The history books say Nash was much more valuable  than Kobe those 2 years so I guess we'll just abide by that train of thought to remain consistent ;D

And for the record, CP3 isn't my dude by any stretch of the imagination.  I simply think he was the most valuable player in the league this year.  You won't catch me hanging up CP3 posters or rockin his jersey.  I just call em how I see em.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2008, 04:46:00 PM »
What's more impressive - the Lakers finishing where they did this year or the Hornets?  Paul was more valuable to the Hornets than Kobe was to the Lakers.

what the fuck are you talking about, now? seriously? The Hornets have some great players...Peja Stojakavic is a former all-star who regained his form this season. David West is former college player of the year. Tyson Chandler is one of the best centers in the league. Byron Scott is a great coach...Seriously, now, take your Kobe-hater goggles off and admit that not only did Kobe deserve this MVP, but that it's sad that it's his first one.

I'll take off my Kobe-Hater-Goggles if you'll remove Kobe's cock from your mouth.

Kobe has been the best player in the league for years.  If that was the name of the award, he shoulda had that shit for like 5 years straight.  But it's the Most Valuable Player.  NOBODY thought NO was a 50+ win team, nobody saw them sitting on top of the West up until the last game of the season.  And even after we all witnessed that, NOBODY saw them opening 2-0 against the defending champs.  Not only did no one see them putting up 50+ wins, but especially not if the caveat was that only 50 win teams were making the playoffs this year in the west.

Paul put up freakish numbers and converted nearly everybody on his team into overachiever status.  Whenever he was on The Tonight Show, all of his teammates were there supporting him.  They're also known to be on set for interviews or commercials.  He is the quintessential teammate - his guys truly like him and vice versa.  Laker players give Kobe mad props, but it's mostly just ass-kissing out of fear.  More along the lines of "Yes, he is a freaking amazing player, but a shitty teammate."

Anybody who even halfway follows the NBA would have told you that going into this season the Lakers were a dangerous team.  Why is that?  Because Kobe was gonna get so much better? Fuck no, it was because of the way Bynum had finally started to develop.  They were scary at that point, and then throw in Gasol?  Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

I don't give a flying fuck if you guys think Kobe should have got it in years prior.  Just because the idiots in the media didn't get it right in the past doesn't give them the right to award it to him this year to rectify the situation.  I swear to God that's the only arguement I hear "Yeah but he's deserved it in the past, so it's ok to give it to him this year".  How the fuck does that remotely make sense?

You don't seem too knowledgeable on the situation, sunny. Kobe is having the best season of his career, and whether he's playing with legit teammates or not, he's been the MVP for some time now, helping his team more than ANY other player, without a shadow of a doubt. Yea, we got Pau Gasol midseason, but we had the top record in the west even before that. Kobe's drive and fierce competitiveness is what instills the will in players like Bynum to work on their game, to attain that same drive, and maximize their potential. Did Chris Paul not get Stojakovic back? and for you to say that Kobe's teammates think he's a shitty teammate just proves how fuckin ignorant you are. Kobe is close to all his teammates.. the chemistry of the team is amazing. Everyone is mad cool with everyone, on and off the court. Going into the season, people thought the Lakers were in more shit than the Hornets. Analysts were predicting we'd miss the playoffs left and right. The argument isn't that he shoulda got it in the past. The argument is that he's the best player in the game, on the best team in the game, playing his best season yet.Kobe Bryant is no doubt the MVP.

You don't seem too knowledgeable in general, bitch.  If there was no doubt of Kobe being the MVP nobody else would have gotten votes. 

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2008, 05:06:43 PM »
This year CP3 shoulda got it, but Kobe deserved it last year so I guess it is what it is. I have no idea how they gave it to Dirk last year though. Damn shame.

Cuz the Mavs won 67 games. If the guideline for MVP is "best player on one of the best teams" then I'm fine with that. The MVP voters stuck with that this year so I won't complain.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2008, 07:47:50 PM »
I think the whole "best player on the best team" is fucking retarded.

The people in the media that say that are lazy and don't understand sports in general.  Now the best player on the best team MIGHT truly be the mvp, but there shouldn't be some automatic formula to determine it.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2008, 09:43:37 PM »
I agree but atleast they're consistent with it. If they would've given it to Lebron I'd be pissed right now.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2008, 11:41:35 PM »

what the fuck are you talking about, now? seriously? The Hornets have some great players...Peja Stojakavic is a former all-star who regained his form this season. David West is former college player of the year. Tyson Chandler is one of the best centers in the league. Byron Scott is a great coach...Seriously, now, take your Kobe-hater goggles off and admit that not only did Kobe deserve this MVP, but that it's sad that it's his first one.

I'll take off my Kobe-Hater-Goggles if you'll remove Kobe's cock from your mouth.

Kobe has been the best player in the league for years.  If that was the name of the award, he shoulda had that shit for like 5 years straight.  But it's the Most Valuable Player.  NOBODY thought NO was a 50+ win team, nobody saw them sitting on top of the West up until the last game of the season.  And even after we all witnessed that, NOBODY saw them opening 2-0 against the defending champs.  Not only did no one see them putting up 50+ wins, but especially not if the caveat was that only 50 win teams were making the playoffs this year in the west.

Paul put up freakish numbers and converted nearly everybody on his team into overachiever status.  Whenever he was on The Tonight Show, all of his teammates were there supporting him.  They're also known to be on set for interviews or commercials.  He is the quintessential teammate - his guys truly like him and vice versa.  Laker players give Kobe mad props, but it's mostly just ass-kissing out of fear.  More along the lines of "Yes, he is a freaking amazing player, but a shitty teammate."

Anybody who even halfway follows the NBA would have told you that going into this season the Lakers were a dangerous team.  Why is that?  Because Kobe was gonna get so much better? Fuck no, it was because of the way Bynum had finally started to develop.  They were scary at that point, and then throw in Gasol?  Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

I don't give a flying fuck if you guys think Kobe should have got it in years prior.  Just because the idiots in the media didn't get it right in the past doesn't give them the right to award it to him this year to rectify the situation.  I swear to God that's the only arguement I hear "Yeah but he's deserved it in the past, so it's ok to give it to him this year".  How the fuck does that remotely make sense?

You don't seem too knowledgeable on the situation, sunny. Kobe is having the best season of his career, and whether he's playing with legit teammates or not, he's been the MVP for some time now, helping his team more than ANY other player, without a shadow of a doubt. Yea, we got Pau Gasol midseason, but we had the top record in the west even before that. Kobe's drive and fierce competitiveness is what instills the will in players like Bynum to work on their game, to attain that same drive, and maximize their potential. Did Chris Paul not get Stojakovic back? and for you to say that Kobe's teammates think he's a shitty teammate just proves how fuckin ignorant you are. Kobe is close to all his teammates.. the chemistry of the team is amazing. Everyone is mad cool with everyone, on and off the court. Going into the season, people thought the Lakers were in more shit than the Hornets. Analysts were predicting we'd miss the playoffs left and right. The argument isn't that he shoulda got it in the past. The argument is that he's the best player in the game, on the best team in the game, playing his best season yet.Kobe Bryant is no doubt the MVP.

You don't seem too knowledgeable in general, bitch.  If there was no doubt of Kobe being the MVP nobody else would have gotten votes. 

There's a reason Kobe got 82 first place votes to Chris Paul's 28, BY THE MEDIA, ya fuckin shithead.

Droz

• Lil Geezy
  • O Muthafuccin G!
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2008, 12:53:18 AM »
kobe is the mvp hate it or love it!, the man deserves it and been deserving it for the past 2 years... i like chris pau but is not his time right now... chris pau has a good chance in the future seasons im pretty sure hell get one once hes more develope.. kobe is the mvp for taking his team to the #1 spot in the most dificult conference challange in nba history!! .. besides kobe is still the best all around player in the game! 8)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 12:55:58 AM by Droz »

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2008, 04:28:53 AM »

Cuz the Mavs won 67 games. If the guideline for MVP is "best player on one of the best teams" then I'm fine with that. The MVP voters stuck with that this year so I won't complain.

Well I don't know exactly what the criteria is for MVP selection, but I'm sure they take more into consideration than that.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2008, 09:00:03 AM »
I think the most important MVP is the finals MVP.
All mentioned candidates are still in the running for that!

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2008, 09:54:56 AM »
the media hates kobe and i hate them for it but him getting mvp shows they know whats up
overrated

fag

pussy

bunch of fat asses

wcsoldier

« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2008, 10:26:34 AM »
A main factor is also the style of play of both teams ... the triangle defines the team passing game, everybody is supposed to touch the ball , to move without it, to make cuts ect... NO offense is 95% through Paul .. there is very little ball movement in the offense .. Paul which has a great court vision , just wait the perfect pass and it results in a bucket , so of course , Paul may be seen as more "valuable" to his team ...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2008, 11:28:26 AM »
^You replace Chris Paul with Deron Williams, and you still have a great team. You replace Kobe with ANYONE in the league, and we would not be the biggest threat in basketball, as we currently are. Paul is valuable, but he is not the "one and only" type of player...very replaceable. Now, if we removed both Paul and Kobe off their teams, it'd be:

PG Derek Fisher
SG Sasha Vujacic
SF Lamar Odom
PF Vladimir Radmanovic
C Pau Gasol

vs

PG Jannero Pargo
SG Morris Peterson
SF Peja Stojakavic
PF David West
C Tyson Chandler

Looks like the Hornets have 3 all-stars to the Lakers' 2 (1, if you consider that Odom never played in an all-star game). Now, ask yourself...who is honestly the better overall player, Kobe Bryant or Chris Paul? Which team finished 1st in the west? Which team persevered through injuries? Who bitched who in their head-to-head match ups? I think it's pretty obvious who our MVP is. Only a hater would say this wasn't Kobe's year.