Author Topic: Guillen (highest paid in Royals history) still only hitting .175  (Read 136 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
When I was complaining at the beginning of the year about this guy you all said it was too early in the season to complain...

...Well now its May 5th and the highest paid player in Royals history is still only hitting .175 and has just two homeruns.

Still too early to complain?  Our team was desperate for a power hitter an he obviously has not been the solution.  I think its because he's  not juicin anymore.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Guillen (highest paid in Royals history) still only hitting .175
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 10:40:31 PM »
the highest paid Yankee isn't in the lineup right now

be blessed lol.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

thisoneguy360

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 10:46:05 PM »
He's got decent pop but he's no A-Rod, he's definitely better than what he's doing now though, he'll probably snap out of it soon but who knows

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 11:19:57 PM »
He's got decent pop but he's no A-Rod, he's definitely better than what he's doing now though, he'll probably snap out of it soon but who knows

no.. he won't snap out of it... check back again in a month and I gaurantee you he will still be under .200.  The Royals are doomed once more to a miserable season.  The city is already giving up on him and he gets booed at home.  The manager moved him lower in the order and he even got shifted into left field on defense.  He's  actually a liability for the team because we have good depth in the outfield and he's  taking up space. 

...damn I wish we could have got Hunter instead. 

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 11:25:44 PM »

no.. he won't snap out of it... check back again in a month and I gaurantee you he will still be under .200.  The Royals are doomed once more to a miserable season.  The city is already giving up on him and he gets booed at home.  The manager moved him lower in the order and he even got shifted into left field on defense.  He's  actually a liability for the team because we have good depth in the outfield and he's  taking up space. 

Your team needs to avoid high priced players! How in the world is Torii Hunter the answer?  You think Hunter at 32 will all of a sudden start having the best years of his career?  No fucking way.  The only way the Royals could have gotten him is that they would have given him a 7yr 20mil per deal, and that would have been even dumber than Guillen's contract.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 11:36:36 PM »

Your team needs to avoid high priced players! How in the world is Torii Hunter the answer?  You think Hunter at 32 will all of a sudden start having the best years of his career?  No fucking way.  The only way the Royals could have gotten him is that they would have given him a 7yr 20mil per deal, and that would have been even dumber than Guillen's contract.

Hunter was the best free agent signing of the offseason and he's  having a great year.  32 is not that old, this isn't football or basketball.  All you have to do is stand around and swing the bat a few times and catch a few fly balls... look at julio Franco, dude was like 49 still playing.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 11:40:49 PM »

Hunter was the best free agent signing of the offseason and he's  having a great year.  32 is not that old, this isn't football or basketball.  All you have to do is stand around and swing the bat a few times and catch a few fly balls... look at julio Franco, dude was like 49 still playing.

It's not the steroid era anymore, players are going to have their peak years from 26-31.  Trust me. 

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 04:36:23 AM »

First of all, Franco worked hard to keep in good shape and even then he wasn't anything special the last few years he played in the majors. Just a pinch hitter at best. He also played first base, which allowed him to stick around longer than if he was say, a center fielder. 32 is old, considering Hunter has never been a great hitter to begin with. Hes known mainly for his fielding/amazing plays, and once he starts to decline, that will be the first thing to go.

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 08:50:15 AM »
btw, Franco retired a couple of days ago lol

as for Guillen, not sure what's up with him; he's only had 1 hit in 17 at-bats in May.
he's still leading the team in RBIs though.

and May is usually suppose to be one of his better months (based on previous years statistics) so there is still a small possibility he'll start picking it up.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

thisoneguy360

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 07:56:46 PM »

Damn I don't think he'll still be under 200 after another month or two, but then again I haven't been watching him. I feel your pain on overpaying a player though, Richie Sexson has the highest contract on our team besides Ichiro  ::)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 10:35:38 PM »
lol... Guillen was even scratched from the lineup for tonights game against the Angels.  It's so bad he's being benched.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 12:46:05 AM »
andruw jones is taking ABs away from Dr. Dre (Andre Ethier)...and he is hitting .150 something with 1 hr and 4 RBI...yeah...ONE HOMERUN AND FOUR RBI!!!!

i cant really complain cause were hot right now, but still...Ethier needs to be out there instead of tubby. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.