Author Topic: Suns' head coach Mike D'Antoni already resigns  (Read 359 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Suns' head coach Mike D'Antoni already resigns
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2008, 05:26:55 PM »
^oh look, the guy who claims Laker fans were shook by the Shaq-to-Phoenix trade has replied. LMAO@you calling anyone a joke when not looking in the mirror. Seriously, now, when did I say Shaq wasn't a major factor in our threepeat? make sense, dipshit.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2008, 05:38:55 PM »
This actually isn't official.

As far as the Suns, I'll say it again, Mitch Kupchak pulling off the Gasol trade made the Suns collapse. True they weren't going to win a ring either way but lets all sit back and laugh at how the Suns do next year with Shaq and Grant Hill for 82 games  ;D
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2008, 08:08:48 PM »
I hope D'Antoni stays with Phoenix.
There's rumours saying that if he leave, Colangelo might replace Mitchell with D'Antoni in Toronto.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2008, 08:39:48 PM »
^oh look, the guy who claims Laker fans were shook by the Shaq-to-Phoenix trade has replied. LMAO@you calling anyone a joke when not looking in the mirror. Seriously, now, when did I say Shaq wasn't a major factor in our threepeat? make sense, dipshit.

Shaq was the most important player on those Laker teams and Miami's team.  And the Magic as well considering their success...Him coming to PHX raised their ceiling, however the former 2 time MVP failed to show up and D'Antoni can only play one style of ball.  Shaq didn't get enough touches in this series.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2008, 08:59:39 PM »
is it official yet? i wasnt really paying attention but on the TNT post-game show they were acting like it was

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2008, 09:10:43 PM »
not official yet

he's got a meeting first

whats phoenix's salary cap look like?  shaq must take up alot of space.  do they have any free room
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2008, 09:29:21 PM »

Shaq was the most important player on those Laker teams and Miami's team.  And the Magic as well considering their success...Him coming to PHX raised their ceiling, however the former 2 time MVP failed to show up and D'Antoni can only play one style of ball.  Shaq didn't get enough touches in this series.

LOL...Shaq never gets enough touches, huh? yet he shoots as many as 20 free throws and can only play an average of 30 mins. Shaq was not any more important than Kobe was in the 3peat era, especially not after 2000. As for his stay with Miami, it's laughable to claim Shaq was the main reason the Heat won that title. Lets be real, here. Wade was clearly the MVP on that team, and even his Finals MVP Trophy deserves an asterisk with Tim Donaghy's name in small font.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2008, 01:12:13 PM »
Suns Give D’Antoni OK to Talk to Other Teams

By Jerry Brown
East Valley Tribune
May 5, 2008

Taking the first step in what may clear the path to parting ways, the Suns have changed course over the weekend and given coach Mike D’Antoni permission to speak with other teams.

KTAR (620 AM), the Suns flagship station, reported late Sunday night that general manager Steve Kerr had granted D’Antoni permission to speak with both the Chicago Bulls and the New York Knicks about their vacant head coaching positions. That’s a sign Friday’s initial two-hour meeting between D’Antoni, Kerr and Suns managing partner Robert Sarver may have revealed too big of a disconnect for coach and GM to continue working together.

Kerr said as late as Friday morning, about an hour before the three met, that he would not grant such permission.

D’Antoni, who has averaged 58 wins over his four full seasons in Phoenix, has two years and $8.5 million remaining on his contract. The Suns wouldn’t have to pay any of that if D’Antoni immediately takes a job with another team.

Kerr said Friday’s chat yielded “productive discussions” but no resolution and that the sides agreed to meet again this week. But the decision to give D’Antoni permission to look elsewhere indicates further talks over the weekend. Kerr and D’Antoni both admit to “philosophical differences” in their approach to the game, but both also said Wednesday — a day after the Suns were eliminated in the first round by San Antonio — that they would like to find a way to press forward together.

I hear he's going to Dallas...

PLANT

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2008, 05:28:22 PM »
I think Steve Nash made Mike D"Antoni's system succesful, and I dont think he will be nearly as good of a coach on another team.  If he goes to Chicago or NY he wont be able to run the same offence as effectivley, so he will have to reinvent his coaching style.  We'll see what happens but Im doubting he can pull off the Suns type offence with another team.

Corporate Hustler

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2008, 03:21:54 AM »
It's not his fault that they traded for Shaq.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2008, 09:25:39 AM »
The Charles Barkley/D'Antoni stuff is.... 8)

Charles has said something to the effect that D'Antoni in so many words does not have the nutsack to quit as Suns head coach so that he can be fired and still collect on 9 or so Million that the team will owe him by contract even if he signs on with a new team (which he will). I can't find a quote, but it's on sportscenter and all the rumor mills right now!

I kinda agree with the Chuckster..
on a sidenote: S. Skiles gonna get paid by the Bulls next season chilllin' on the bucks bench.

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2008, 09:50:47 AM »
worst coach ever his system sucks the lakers were a better team everytime they played but dantoni and the suns cheated
overrated

fag

pussy

bunch of fat asses