Author Topic: More Info On Upcoming T.I. Album "Paper Trail" (many tracks confirmed)  (Read 410 times)

Lunatic

source: sohh

T.I. is opening up more and more about his new album that's dropping in August. He talked to Rolling Stone magazine in NYC recently where he played some tracks from Paper Trail, and also opened up more about his current legal battles. You know I got it for you below.

If you're like me then I'm sure you've had his new song "No Matter What" on repeat in your iPod. But if you thought that was his lead single to the new album you'd be wrong. Cliff told RS that his official single “What’s Up, What’s Happening” will be out in a couple weeks. The track, which was produced by Danja, is a bass-heavy club track full of shout-outs to haters who thought the MC’s legal troubles would sideline him. Could I [Gyant] be on that track? Let's hope SOHH.

On “Collect Call,” he raps about all the fair-weather friends who disappear when things get hot over an R&B groove. “Let My Beat Pound” is a bass-heavy trunk-rattler produced by J.R. Rotem with a robotozed hook that’s meant to intimidate others on the road: “My trunk sounds like a midget trying to get up out of there,” he drawls. “You Ain’t Missing Nothing” is a dubious message to those in prison: With jazzy, soul sample, Tip promises “The time will do itself, all you gotta do is show up.” On “Sitting on Top of the World,” which features a hook by B.O.B., the MC reflects on his path to rap fame. And on “I’m Illin” he claims to be “the hottest nigga since Tupac.” Of course, after promoting the album, which comes out August 12, Tip will still have to serve a year in jail. “It’s a bitter pill to swallow,” he says. “But I’ve got a lot of water.”

I can tell you that T.I. and Kanye were in the studio late Saturday night/early Sunday morning working on new song for Paper Trail.

tracklisting thus far:
No Matter What (Prod By Danja)
What's Up, What's Happening FIRST SINGLE (Prod By Danja)
Collect Call
Let My beat Pound (Prod By JR Rotem)
You Ain't Missing Nothing
Sitting On Top Of The World Ft. B.O.B.
I'm Illin
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
No Matter What is really dope, has a lot of replay value for me. Patiently waiting for the Danja single, Danja + T.I.= heat.

Blood$

I still need a CDQ of "No Matter What"

can't wait for the album though

Lunatic

No Matter What is really dope, has a lot of replay value for me. Patiently waiting for the Danja single, Danja + T.I.= heat.
yeah, i can't stop bumping it...gets at least 5-10 spins each day since its come out

yeah me 2, cant wait to hear it..Danja/T.I. are literally 4/4 at this point (no matter what, hurt, tell em i said that, respect this hustle)

Can't wait to hear the Toomp production as well

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
yeah, i can't stop bumping it...gets at least 5-10 spins each day since its come out

yeah me 2, cant wait to hear it..Danja/T.I. are literally 4/4 at this point (no matter what, hurt, tell em i said that, respect this hustle)

Can't wait to hear the Toomp production as well
DAMN! :o

I would be tired of it by then lol..anyways I read somethin like this on Rolling Stone last night..nothin really revealed bout the album just a couple tracks 2 producers n 1 feature so far..

Lunatic

^lol the track is heat man

lol that is a lot of revealing..thats going into a detail on almost half of the album probably (7 tracks)

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^ it's dope dont get me wrong, i bump it prolly 2 times a day, big time gap between the plays of course, but 5-10 times a day i dont see how u can not get tired of it..

eh..And on “I’m Illin” he claims to be “the hottest nigga since Tupac.”

^ cant really call that goin into detail ;)

Lunatic

^ it's dope dont get me wrong, i bump it prolly 2 times a day, big time gap between the plays of course, but 5-10 times a day i dont see how u can not get tired of it..

eh..And on “I’m Illin” he claims to be “the hottest nigga since Tupac.”

^ cant really call that goin into detail ;)
lol true

regardless awaitin the album!

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Same here dawg 8)

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The album sounds better and better, any word on features?

Lunatic

The album sounds better and better, any word on features?
besides that B.O.B. one, nope ;)

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^ Possibly Kanye..unless he's only producing a cut for the album

Lunatic

^true, will see