Author Topic: OFFICIAL EURO 2008 THREAD  (Read 7060 times)

smegma

Re: OFFICIAL EURO 2008 THREAD
« Reply #240 on: June 13, 2008, 03:48:16 PM »
WIJ WORDEN WERELDKAMPIOEN!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #241 on: June 13, 2008, 04:06:58 PM »
Brilliant offense... can't love too much about it. If they hand Romania the W, France and Italy are fucked. Will they do it?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #242 on: June 13, 2008, 04:43:49 PM »
I am fucking impressed.

Seriously, this Dutch team plays exactly the type of football that makes me love watching games...they're vulnerable in defense, yes, but the offense makes up for that ten times. They just go all out and crush opponents. They just beat 2 of the last 3 world champions with 7:1 goals...they played great against Italy and they played even better today, they fucked France up. Team of the tournament so far, big props

smegma

« Reply #243 on: June 13, 2008, 04:49:42 PM »
I am fucking impressed.

Seriously, this Dutch team plays exactly the type of football that makes me love watching games...they're vulnerable in defense, yes, but the offense makes up for that ten times. They just go all out and crush opponents. They just beat 2 of the last 3 world champions with 7:1 goals...they played great against Italy and they played even better today, they fucked France up. Team of the tournament so far, big props

Yeah, we kicked some French ass. They didn't stand a chance 8) :cow:

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #244 on: June 13, 2008, 04:53:17 PM »
I am fucking impressed.

Yeah, we kicked some French ass. They didn't stand a chance 8) :cow:

Yep, anyone who kicks French ass is a friend of mine

:cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow:

...it wasn't just that though. It was just great football.

Lunatic

« Reply #245 on: June 13, 2008, 05:51:16 PM »
france is 2 old
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #246 on: June 13, 2008, 06:11:38 PM »
I am fucking impressed.

Yup. World class performance. The thing about this Dutch team is the depth they have in the squad, especially in the "offense"....Robben, RVN, Kuyt, Van Persie....Any of these players could start OR be used as an impact substitute when the opponents legs are tiring. It shows you how good this team is when Huntelaar aint even getting a look in.

This tourny is just so much better than 04 where negative but effective football was winning over eccentricity.

The Maestro

Lunatic

« Reply #247 on: June 13, 2008, 07:07:40 PM »
This tourney is just so much better than 04 where negative but effective football was winning over eccentricity.
completely agreed.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Canuck

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #248 on: June 13, 2008, 09:04:33 PM »
What a game, can't believe how good Netherlands haver been, hope they go all the way, my only fear as someone said earlier is that they've peaked to early

First of all I don't understand why Domenech did not select Trezeguet the guy can finish, he's way better than Anelka, who's been completely useless, he should have at least put Benzema in over Anelka. Secondly why didn't he bring in Nasri for some more offensive support like the commentator said in their first game use him in a Zidane like role to give some support to the strikers, instead of keeping two defensive midfielders while they were trying to press

Elano

« Reply #249 on: June 14, 2008, 12:38:45 AM »
italy is out of the tournament @ 99%.
GO SPAIN!!!!

Elevz

« Reply #250 on: June 14, 2008, 01:01:46 AM »
My only concern is they may have peaked too early and how they react when they go behind.

There's no telling what might happen next. After that incredible win against Italy, people weren't expecting the Dutch to actually live up to the expectations. Well, I guess they were wrong (me included), although, as opposed to the Italy-match, this time the final score seems unfitting with the actual match.

It's not too hard to predict what will happen when an opponent scores; you've already seen what happened when the French scored. The look on Robben's face: priceless. That's precisely what's to be expected from a team which plays with such an incredible will to show and prove: you think you've got one on them, but it only motivates them.

As for the assumed defensive weakness of the Dutch... There's no walking past Boulahrouz - he's impossibly accurate with them slidings. Ooijer is proving himself to be very solid as well. Van Bronckhorst needs no further explaining. It's only Mathijsen who's being a threat to his own defense, but merely because he constantly plays on the edge of what the referee allows; he risks getting one or two penalties against him. That's about the only real weakness in the defense. You can't say the defensive midfielders are weak either; De Jong has proven to be a great replacement for Heitinga, and Engelaar has been incredibly solid for FC Twente for years now, and his talents are finally being noticed by a bigger audience. He just had an off-day against the French, which resulted in him being rather invisible during the first half, but it happens.

For the next match, the Dutch can work on the rhythm of a great bunch of substitutes. I can just see Heitinga, Huntelaar, Bouma, De Cler, Melchiot, De Zeeuw, Vennegoor, Afellay etc getting some time to shine. That may seem an unfair advantage to the Romanians, but don't underestimate the will of such substitutes to prove that they belong in the main team. The Romanians won't get away easy.

Klue

« Reply #251 on: June 14, 2008, 01:19:07 AM »
Holand  will just let romania win for eliminate france and italy, that's a simple and normal calcul. the problem for the france is always and always the success..they got 3-4 easy goal and 12 chance to mark. in comparasion holand shot 6 times and goal 4 times. at this level it's a question of success. france play better on some level.

Elevz

« Reply #252 on: June 14, 2008, 01:52:46 AM »
Holand  will just let romania win for eliminate france and italy, that's a simple and normal calcul.

Why should they? The Dutch have already humiliated them, whereas the Romanians might be equally strong, if not better than the French and Italians. You surely don't expect the Italians, if they manage to make it to the semi-finals, to beat the Dutch all of a sudden?

the problem for the france is always and always the success..they got 3-4 easy goal and 12 chance to mark. in comparasion holand shot 6 times and goal 4 times. at this level it's a question of success. france play better on some level.

Now that's definately true. It seemed like the Dutch were hardly getting any chances, but the ones they were getting, resulted in the most fantastic goals. The French seemed to create more chances, but they lack the precision to actually score. Even that one French goal looked rather fluky. They'll be having a hard time against Italy...

Oh, and please stop calling us "Holand" - you're making it sound like it's the country of the hoes :rant:

wcsoldier

« Reply #253 on: June 14, 2008, 02:03:28 AM »
Congrats to Netherlands .. that's beautiful and impressive fastbreak football ... they succeeded in everything they tried .. I don't think we played a bad game , we're just have a wack ass coach and some players have nothing to do on the field (Govou, Malouda, Coupet, Gomis  :-X) ... I applauded Netherlands goals, pure beauty, I hope they will the tournament , would be good thing for the game...

'EclipZe

« Reply #254 on: June 14, 2008, 03:31:43 AM »
thank god we got van de sar as our goaly. he was a fucking beast.