Author Topic: OFFICIAL EURO 2008 THREAD  (Read 7081 times)

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
Re: OFFICIAL EURO 2008 THREAD
« Reply #300 on: June 14, 2008, 03:53:18 PM »
^ yo it's just that I haven't seen him besides the first 2 games therefore I can't judge him. And you still have Miguel, I wish we could trade him for jansen.

Lunatic

« Reply #301 on: June 14, 2008, 03:55:02 PM »
^ yo it's just that I haven't seen him besides the first 2 games therefore I can't judge him. And you still have Miguel, I wish we could trade him for jansen.
I understand, its all good - I've seen him loads of times cause he played for my favorite club (FC Porto) before just signing with Chelsea and what a fantastic season he had this year; Miguel is decent, but can not finish a game without getting hurt - i've never seen someone so damn injury prone :-\
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #302 on: June 14, 2008, 05:27:43 PM »

What was your nick name before, I gotta give you props for knowing who Dr. Jan-Itor is  :D

Lunatic

« Reply #303 on: June 14, 2008, 05:28:20 PM »

What was your nick name before, I gotta give you props for knowing who Dr. Jan-Itor is  :D
yea lol i was gonna ask what his og name was

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #304 on: June 14, 2008, 05:36:04 PM »
Portugal doesn't have a striker like Van Nistelrooy, but one of the reasons Ronaldo is by general consensus the greatest player out there at the moment is that dude scored 42 fucking goals in one season. So I wouldn't call the striker situation a weakness of the team really.

Lunatic

« Reply #305 on: June 14, 2008, 05:37:11 PM »
Portugal doesn't have a striker like Van Nistelrooy, but one of the reasons Ronaldo is by general consensus the greatest player out there at the moment is that dude scored 42 fucking goals in one season. So I wouldn't call the striker situation a weakness of the team really.
that is true - I think we can contend with any team this tournament - u wont see Netherlands beating us 4-1 or anything like that; their roster isnt ridiculously different since the 06 world cup where we eliminated them.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #306 on: June 14, 2008, 05:42:50 PM »
that is true - I think we can contend with any team this tournament - u wont see Netherlands beating us 4-1 or anything like that; their roster isnt ridiculously different since the 06 world cup where we eliminated them.
yeah, but a similar roster doesn't mean the players can't have grown in the meantime. Also, that game was such a scandal it turned out to be almost entirely coincidental in the end. But no, Portugal wouldn't get a 1-4 or 0-3 against Holland, I'm convinced too. POR - NED would probably be my dream final, with POR - ESP coming in a close second (an Iberic derby on that great stage would be the shit). Let's just hope Germany doesn't spoil the party, but after the first 2 games I do have some confidence.

Lunatic

« Reply #307 on: June 14, 2008, 05:53:43 PM »
yeah, but a similar roster doesn't mean the players can't have grown in the meantime. Also, that game was such a scandal it turned out to be almost entirely coincidental in the end. But no, Portugal wouldn't get a 1-4 or 0-3 against Holland, I'm convinced too. POR - NED would probably be my dream final, with POR - ESP coming in a close second (an Iberic derby on that great stage would be the shit). Let's just hope Germany doesn't spoil the party, but after the first 2 games I do have some confidence.
I got what your sayin, just stating we can beat them lol and have done it before..it was a scandal and most blamed us, but holland played just as if not MORE dirty than we did - go back and watch that game and take a look at the two HARD fouls on Ronaldo in the opening FIVE MINUTES - they set the tone for that game from the beginning with those fouls..Yeah, we wouldnt get killed, not a chance..I think your dream final will be correct or your 2nd dream final at least - i dont think Germany or Croatia will spoil that for you, hopefully Spain/Holland can get there 2..

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #308 on: June 14, 2008, 06:05:33 PM »
I got what your sayin, just stating we can beat them lol and have done it before..it was a scandal and most blamed us, but holland played just as if not MORE dirty than we did - go back and watch that game and take a look at the two HARD fouls on Ronaldo in the opening FIVE MINUTES - they set the tone for that game from the beginning with those fouls..Yeah, we wouldnt get killed, not a chance..I think your dream final will be correct or your 2nd dream final at least - i dont think Germany or Croatia will spoil that for you, hopefully Spain/Holland can get there 2..
Yeah, I didn't mean to say it was only the Portuguese. It was both teams, the red cards were distributed equally, and I was kind of embarassed to support those teams for a minute. Also however, the referee played his part in making it a mess as well. Some of those cards were unnecessary and it just got everyone more pissed off.

You never know with the Germans, same as Italy. They can be wack in every single game of the tournament and end up winning it. Portugal definitely has the better team than Germany, but it's Germany after all. I'm pretty confident we'll see a semi ESP - NED, which should be great.

Lunatic

« Reply #309 on: June 14, 2008, 10:16:19 PM »
Yeah, I didn't mean to say it was only the Portuguese. It was both teams, the red cards were distributed equally, and I was kind of embarassed to support those teams for a minute. Also however, the referee played his part in making it a mess as well. Some of those cards were unnecessary and it just got everyone more pissed off.

You never know with the Germans, same as Italy. They can be wack in every single game of the tournament and end up winning it. Portugal definitely has the better team than Germany, but it's Germany after all. I'm pretty confident we'll see a semi ESP - NED, which should be great.
Ohh I know you didnt, just venting my anger on the issue because a lot did when Holland was as guilty..LOL yea it was a nonsense of a game..Yeah, he took it bit far I guess

I hope we can take care of Germany; Yeah ESP-NED semi is lookin good, oo boy I hope no wack ass team ruins that, that would be a phenomenal game - i'm predicting 19 goals scored between both teams lol (sarcasm)

wcsoldier

« Reply #310 on: June 15, 2008, 12:49:57 AM »
LOL at Ivory Coast beating Italy and France , even right now

I was not sarcastic- do you guys know how strong Ivory Coast is. Matter of fact, Italy and France look ridiculous now, basicially because their teams are too old or the younger pkayers are weak (or atleast they look weak to me.) and I blame both coaches for that.
Italy has an excuse because Nesta Cannavaro were their insurance for the last few years, andthey can't replace them. But wtf is this with washed-up guys like Panucci. Also, they had some bad luck against Romania.
France played ok yesterday- but besides Ribery their offence looked horrible. How can Domenech leave Trezeguet at home and take pussies like Anelka and malouda. And bring guys like Gomis instead of Nasri and Benzema. Their defence is even worse. Sagnol (who was ok yesterday), Makelele and Thuram? OK Viera is injured, he was the big leader besides Zidane, and maybe the only one who has enough balls to lead this team, but still... Domenech and Donadoni both didn't have the courage to sort out old players, and made some weird decisions before and during the tournament. We had the same thing with Völler- he also didn't make the cut...
Matter of fact Ivory Coast would probably beat their actual line-up. Imagine what guys like Toure and Drogba would do with Thuram. Ivory Coast was already strong in the last World Cup and if you saw the last Africa-Cup you would know how strong they are. Their only problem is still that they need too many shots to score.
You said it yourself : blame the coach ... Sagnol has always been very good for us but he was injured all year ... but put this following lineup we would be so much better :

Henry         Benzema

Ribery      Makelele         Vieira            Giuly

Evra           Gallas        Mexes               Sagnol

Frey

'EclipZe

« Reply #311 on: June 15, 2008, 01:14:37 AM »

that game really sucked.... we need a decent repeat of that game without all those bs cards.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #312 on: June 15, 2008, 02:22:21 AM »

yea lol i was gonna ask what his og name was

my old nick was Kampfsau

@ Leon powe

You can blame the coaches partly, but not completely.
Sagnol was not just injured he played 2 awful seasons for Bayern now- I think he needs to be replaced. Same goes for Makelele, everbody's talkin 'bout Flamini but Makelele still plays...

And I dunno if Mexes is good enough to play for French National team.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #313 on: June 15, 2008, 05:54:15 AM »
Lunatic: I don't think Sweden or Russia will be able to ruin it for the Dutch. Romania/Italy/France, especially Italy or France could be the point were Spain stumbles. I sincerely hope not, even if it's Italy I don't care if they get kicked out by Spain the way they keep playing this year.

Eclipze: Yeah, 9 yellows for Portugal, 7 for Holland and 2 reds for each, I looked it up. It was mayhem, stuff for the history books, but a pain to watch. And I'm still pissed of it needed to be two of my favorite teams instead of France - Germany or some shit >:( A rematch would be great, and I don't think it'd be anything like this again, that was just the way things went, but it's not like the two teams have any reason to hate each other that much

Lunatic

« Reply #314 on: June 15, 2008, 06:24:27 AM »
Lunatic: I don't think Sweden or Russia will be able to ruin it for the Dutch. Romania/Italy/France, especially Italy or France could be the point were Spain stumbles. I sincerely hope not, even if it's Italy I don't care if they get kicked out by Spain the way they keep playing this year.
Yeah, the Dutch should cruise to the semi's..Spain could very well stumble and if history proves us correct, they will - but i dont think this time, this team is too solid and those teams are too weak this year.