Author Topic: DUBCNN: Exclusive Interview With D12 (The Swifty Mc Vay Feature)  (Read 200 times)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
http://www.dubcnn.com/
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/d12/

Exclusive Interview With D12 (The Swifty Mc Vay Feature) - May 19, 2008 By : Rud

Continuing his recent interviews including the Nappy Roots feature and last weeks Todd DiMartino (MTL Records) interview, Jonathan Hay is back today with a brand new interview.

When life suddenly sideswipes us with a heavy blow of unfortunate tragedy, we find ourselves re-evaluating our strength, our endurance. Though we know that there is a season for everything – a time to laugh and a time to mourn – it is the perception that hard emotional times never end that make the pain so unmanageable. It is in these times, however, that some see the mission as a chance for redemption and others as a chance for escape. It is in these times that soldiers are produced.

Only two short years ago, the members of D12 found themselves on the receiving end of tragedy’s clenched fist, losing both a family member and a friend when Proof was brutally murdered in a Detroit nightclub. The momentum of the blow sent them into a season of hibernation, but as a rap collective who has learned to live their life under the gun, they have regained their strength and are back to reclaim their power.

Swifty McVay explains to Dubcnn how the group has since mended old wounds and united forces with some heavy hometown Detroit emcees, such as Royce Da 5’9”, to deliberate a mixtape that will generate the first show since the death of Proof. Though their pieces may never again add up to a dozen, the Detroit Twelve dust themselves off and return bruised -- but never broken -- showing proof their worth as soldiers. Make way for the Return of the Dirty Dozen.

Exclusive Inteview With D12 (The Swifty Mc Vay Feature) (May 2008)

Drop your feedback on this feature over on our forums now and ensure you check out the weekly blog from Jonathan Hay entitled Haywire.

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

lost_assassin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: DUBCNN: Exclusive Interview With D12 (The Swifty Mc Vay Feature)
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 10:43:57 AM »
thaz some good fucking news , props  RIP PROOF .
cant wait to hear bizzare on some weirdshit lol

can somebody say american psycho 3!?!

Cowards Only Wanna Act Hard When Its Convenient-Planet Asia(9mm)

D-Reborn

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Death is certain, life is not
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 11:05:09 AM »
mad muthafuckin props always been a fan of D12 Devil's Night among my favourites albums all times
but aint this the wrong section?  ???

8) 8) 8)

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 11:12:50 AM »
dope interview, props to Jonathan!

jonathandubcnn

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 01:09:18 PM »
Thanks for the feedback...  Swifty McVay was a cool kat - and was dope to interview.   Looking forward to the new D12 joint that comes out on Wednesday...  I love all the peeps here at DUBCNN - and I love writing for this movement.  :-)

Thanks for giving me the time...

- Jonathan AKA Haywire. 

h2k4

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 05:36:05 PM »
Thanks for the interview.  I know it would look like they would be trying to replace Proof but they should have Royce as the new member.  I think he would have that group at a similar level as Proof did.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 05:38:03 PM »
always been thinkin of this, even when proof (rip) was alive.
but yeha d12 a dope group, with ot without em!

Thanks for the interview.  I know it would look like they would be trying to replace Proof but they should have Royce as the new member.  I think he would have that group at a similar level as Proof did.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

h2k4

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 06:04:32 PM »
always been thinkin of this, even when proof (rip) was alive.
but yeha d12 a dope group, with ot without em!

Yeah, they're a solid group but without Eminem, they really do not have anyone that stands out.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 11:44:48 PM »
THanks for the feedback so far!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network