Poll

Who wins?

Lakers
36 (55.4%)
Celtics
29 (44.6%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: 2008 NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs Boston Celtics  (Read 15997 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: 2008 NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs Boston Celtics
« Reply #495 on: June 14, 2008, 07:45:33 PM »
Yes...and I also saw the part where you said Kobe is "very good", not "great", and the part where you implied that he's a supporting player as opposed to a franchise player. :D

I didnt imply that. What I said was he has no rings as the leader of his team. Until he can be the leader of a championship team, Jordan comparisons are null and void.

And what I said is that he was a captain and leader of those teams...so your claims are null and void.

Lets be serious. That was Shaq's team and you know it.

that would ruin his "perfect" arguement!! 

LOL at his response to me, trying to penalize MJ for being college educated by making a stat look more important than it is.  6 > 3
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Corporate Hustler

« Reply #496 on: June 14, 2008, 10:50:48 PM »
the better team is up 3-1
jordan > kobe until kobe accomplishes what jordan has, so cut the speculation about the future

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #497 on: June 15, 2008, 02:04:03 AM »
jordan > kobe until kobe accomplishes what jordan has, so cut the speculation about the future

Going by your logic, Rasheed Wallace>Charles Barkley & Karl Malone, because he's accomplished more! ::)

tempo2

« Reply #498 on: June 15, 2008, 05:10:15 AM »
i think  shaq was still equal to what kobe was in those three peat teams. he absoloutley decimated the three teams he faced in the nba finals. shaq had the "3" finals mvps so was obviousley the main factor on the laker teams when it mattered most.

read this below, it shows shaq had three of the best finals series in the history of the league.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=FinalsPerformances-9

to suggest kobe was the man back then is absurd.

Corporate Hustler

« Reply #499 on: June 15, 2008, 08:19:41 AM »

Going by your logic, Rasheed Wallace>Charles Barkley & Karl Malone, because he's accomplished more! ::)

not just bout rings
its everythin combined
malone n barkley were in the league 4 a long time n there aint no question bout their greatness jus like there aint none bout jordans. kobe still gotta prove himself. he won 3 rings on shaqs back. after the gasol trade all the laker fans were saying theyre going all the way cuz they got the best team in the league. and now theyre all making excuses. kobe with the  best team in the league is down 3-1 in the finals. that dont sound jordanesque to me.

Elano

« Reply #500 on: June 15, 2008, 12:04:22 PM »
Objectively speaking, the Lakers are pathetic and pitiful. The 21-point lead they had at the end of the first quarter was the largest in NBA Finals history. They led by 20 points in the third quarter. Then they choked like they were sucking on a 13" dick. In the third quarter they took everything good they did in the first half and flushed it down the toilet. To put it historically, it's the largest second-half deficit ever overcome in the Finals. I predicted the trophy was going to be hoisted this Sunday, but it looks like I predicted the wrong team.

J.Bramlett

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #501 on: June 15, 2008, 02:00:30 PM »

not just bout rings
its everythin combined
malone n barkley were in the league 4 a long time n there aint no question bout their greatness jus like there aint none bout jordans. kobe still gotta prove himself. he won 3 rings on shaqs back. after the gasol trade all the laker fans were saying theyre going all the way cuz they got the best team in the league. and now theyre all making excuses. kobe with the  best team in the league is down 3-1 in the finals. that dont sound jordanesque to me.

We are the best team in the league...unfortunately, we haven't been playing like it 100% of the time. Despite everything you say, Kobe bringing his team from 42 wins to NBA Finals is still a major ACCOMPLISHMENT, not something to use against him. We may be the best team in the league, but it's soley because we have Kobe on our side. Gasol is playing out of position as starting center, and Odom at power forward. When Bynum comes back:

PG Fisher
SG Kobe
SF Odom
PF Gasol
C Bynum

Untouchable.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #502 on: June 15, 2008, 02:01:59 PM »
i think  shaq was still equal to what kobe was in those three peat teams. he absoloutley decimated the three teams he faced in the nba finals. shaq had the "3" finals mvps so was obviousley the main factor on the laker teams when it mattered most.

read this below, it shows shaq had three of the best finals series in the history of the league.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=FinalsPerformances-9

to suggest kobe was the man back then is absurd.

It may be absurd to claim Kobe was the main guy in the first title run, but not in the 2nd one, and DEFINITELY not in title number 3.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #503 on: June 15, 2008, 02:16:53 PM »
kobe still gotta prove himself.

Yep. No one can doubt Kobe's ability, he's a great player. I, myself, just can't compare him to Jordan...........yet.

Anyway.......game 5.......& I've got the day off.......wooohoooooo!! Will there be a riot in L.A if the Celtics pull it off?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #504 on: June 15, 2008, 02:55:27 PM »
^Paul Pierce will get shot...but don't worry, it wont happen.

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #505 on: June 15, 2008, 05:14:45 PM »
the lakers should get ready to lose at home, again  8)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #506 on: June 15, 2008, 05:17:31 PM »

1-MJ has better stats

2-MJ has more titles

3-MJ has more MVP's

4-MJ carried the NBA...Kobe can never do that
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #507 on: June 15, 2008, 05:23:42 PM »
no more vlad and luke...trevor needs to play 30+ minutes

Corporate Hustler

« Reply #508 on: June 15, 2008, 05:32:33 PM »
the lakers might win it tonight and then boston will win the championship back at home

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #509 on: June 15, 2008, 05:59:16 PM »

1-MJ has better stats

2-MJ has more titles

3-MJ has more MVP's

4-MJ carried the NBA...Kobe can never do that

No, The Jordan Rules carried the NBA. Like I keep saying, compare them at the same age, and Kobe has achieved more. The end.