Author Topic: Holy Shit: Shaun Livingston Is Going To Play Again  (Read 158 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Holy Shit: Shaun Livingston Is Going To Play Again
« on: June 01, 2008, 04:04:45 PM »
Clippers' Livingston Set To Play Soon
June 1, 2008 - 4:43 pm
The Orange County Register -
Clippers' point guard Shaun Livingston is set to take the court soon for the first time since his most recent knee surgery, according to The Orange County Register.

“I’m feeling real good,” Livingston said. “We’re getting real close to the time. Hopefully, by June I’ll be playing. That’s the plan, right now.”

The Clippers must decide whether or not to tender Livingston a one-year contract offer of at least $5.8 million by June 30. If they don't, he will become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.

Livingston missed the entire 2007-08 season because of a serious knee injury that was suffered in February of 2007.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Re: Holy Shit: Shaun Livingston Is Going To Play Again
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 04:14:36 PM »
regardless of whether or not he stays with the clippers, i'm wishing him the best of luck in getting back into game shape and rhythm. dude had too much potential to lose it all like that.

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 04:21:57 PM »
'm wishing him the best of luck in getting back into game shape and rhythm. dude had too much potential to lose it all like that.
^Word. 8)

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 05:49:24 PM »
His career was basically over even before that injury. Dude was already always injured. I hope he hit the gym and bulked up a lil bit in his off time cuz I really would like to see him blossom as a player.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 05:55:33 PM »
His career was basically over even before that injury. Dude was already always injured. I hope he hit the gym and bulked up a lil bit in his off time cuz I really would like to see him blossom as a player.

I really don't think more weight on his knee is going to help at all. If I were him I'd try to stay as light as I could for about 2 years before I thought about bulking up. He wouldn't be doing his knee any favors by putting more weight on it.

Lunatic

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 06:02:51 PM »
DAMN, thats a nice story! good for him!
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 09:11:44 PM »
 8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 09:27:38 PM »
I doubt if he'll ever be the same, let alone live up to his previous potential. I may be wrong, but I think this is gunna be another "Jay Williams comeback" case.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 10:28:51 PM »
I doubt if he'll ever be the same, let alone live up to his previous potential. I may be wrong, but I think this is gunna be another "Jay Williams comeback" case.

Yeah, I have serious doubts about him and his NBA career. That was as serious an injury as I've ever seen. I wouldn't be surprised if the Clips apply for a career ending injury exception. That said, I'm glad he's on the mend and I wish him the best. I hope he can come back and still be a solid NBA player.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 11:47:48 AM »
Whatever happened to Jay Williams? I used to like dude. I forgot all about him.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 08:04:13 PM »
Whatever happened to Jay Williams? I used to like dude. I forgot all about him.

Motorcycle accident

Williams' life almost ended on June 19, 2003. After speaking to youths at a basketball camp about personal responsibility [3], he drove off without a helmet and crashed his motorcycle into a pole at the intersection of Fletcher and Honore in Chicago, Illinois. Williams was driving a new Yamaha YZF-R6. Williams severed a main nerve in his leg, fractured his pelvis and tore three ligaments in his left knee including the ACL and required physical therapy to regain the use of his leg. Many months later, after it was clear he would not be returning to the Bulls for some time (if at all), they waived him and drafted point guard Kirk Hinrich. The Bulls could have refused to pay Williams (since he violated his contract by riding a motorcycle), but instead they offered a buyout worth approximately $3 million. At the time, it was not clear that he would be able to return to professional basketball, although he continued to train toward that goal. In the interim, he appeared in college and high school basketball broadcasts on ESPN as a color commentator. The Yamaha was stolen from the accident scene while Williams was being treated, but Williams never bothered looking for it since he said he did not care if he ever saw it again.

Return to basketball

In the summer of 2006, Williams impressed scouts with his recovery efforts. On September 28, 2006, the New Jersey Nets announced that the organization had signed Williams to a non-guaranteed contract, giving the guard the opportunity to play for his hometown team. However, on October 22, Williams was released.[4]

On December 30, 2006, Williams was waived by the Austin Toros of the NBA Development League due to injury.[5]

Williams has since announced that he has no plans at the moment to resume his basketball career. He is currently working for 24 Hour Fitness, doing motivational speaking and is working as an analyst on CBS College Sports Network during the course of the 2008 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Williams_%28basketball%29#Motorcycle_accident