Author Topic: Euro 2008 Quarter Finals Thread  (Read 4052 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Euro 2008 Quarter Finals Thread
« on: June 18, 2008, 05:25:08 PM »
My niggas better whoop some portogese ass
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Euro 2008 Quarter Finals Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 05:40:57 PM »
Portugal Vs. Germany
Over the years i have been a Portugal fan for some unknown reason, i love watching these guys play. I like the technicality of Deco, i love the jump of Ronaldo and i like what Maniche does for them down the middle, now having said that. I have this weird hunch that Croatia have woken up something huge, even though Germany did not play that great against Austria. I hope Schweinsteiger (sp?) gets into the starting 11. In my honest opinion Ballack, Podolski >>>>> Deco, Ronaldo. I hope i have to eat my words because i predicted Portugal as tournament faves before it all started. All i know is that i have to study for my finals and i have to go get my ever so important licence reinstated but fuck all of that, ima stay home and watch this classic.
Germany 2 Portugal 1

Croatia Vs. Turkey
Wow, those pesty Croats, suprising but not so suprising, you feel me? Germany gets its revenge in the Semis.
Croatia 2 Turkey 0
Hold on its unfair to not mention the Turks, specially after how they got here. I missed their final game because of i was at university but im sorry the cindrella story ends here. Prepare for a team who is focused for the whole 90 minutes.

Netherlands Vs. Russia
Another blowout?
Holland 5 Russia 0

Spain Vs. Italy
Whoa?!

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 06:45:42 PM »
Portugal-Germany - 2-1 Portugal
Croatia-Turkey - 2-0 Croatia
Holland-Russia - 3-0 Holland
Spain-Italy - 2-1 Spain
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 06:46:05 PM »
My niggas better whoop some portogese ass
and my boys better whip some german ass ;)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

smegma

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 12:31:04 AM »
This should be 4 great games! 8)

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 01:31:41 AM »
Portugal vs Germany                           
Croatia vs Turkey   ?
Netherlands vs Russia
Spain vs Italy

semi finals: Portugal vs Turkey
               Netherlands vs Italy

Turkey vs Croatia is completely open, but I'm pretty sure about the others
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 02:09:06 AM by Dr. Ján Ďtor »

JAZ

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 02:53:41 AM »
hm i doubt italy will beat spain. i mean, the last 3 games they sucked. hard. for the rest i agree with you janitor.

'EclipZe

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 03:45:50 AM »
dutchies aint got an easy matchup with them russians, don't underestimate them. they do have guus geluk, altho i don't think they'll beat us they will make it an entertaining game to watch fo sho

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 04:19:30 AM »
hm i doubt italy will beat spain. i mean, the last 3 games they sucked. hard. for the rest i agree with you janitor.

We sucked against Holland. It's 1 game, not 3. We played better than Romania imho. And we won against France. I know you feel pretty confident after a 3-0 win against us, but don't take us out so early.

smegma

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 04:33:31 AM »
^ I think it can go both ways. Spain is playing well this tournament, but Italy is growing.

I would have given France a better chance against Spain, but either way it will be an entertaining game :)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 04:39:12 AM »
Portugal - Germany: Outcome is completely open. The Portuguese have been better (except against Switzerland, but that was the B-Team) and their players are way ahead of the Germans in most respects. Ronaldo > overrated ass Ballack, easily. The German defense has shown weaknesses that should have consequences against a team on the level of Portugal. However, after that 0-2 against Switzerland, although there was no Deco, Ronaldo or Simao involved, maybe the Portuguese flow has been kind of interrupted, knahmean. Also, the Germans tend to get better and better as the tournament continues and that's why I think a victory against the Portuguese is possible for them if they get back on the level of '06...they will have to improve though.
Prediction: ?

Croatia - Turkey: Croatia is strong, they came in first before Germany for a reason, their B-Team was enough to easily beat Poland. They're tactically brillant and technically strong, they barely ever fuck up. Which is why I think it's gonna be extremely difficult for Turkey to get past them, this is not the type of shaky defense the Czechs and the Swiss had, this is a defensively compact team that knows better than most other teams how to choke off anything you try. The Croatian offense isn't bad either, they're not like the Dutch or the Spanish, but they do know how to score goals.
Prediction: Croatia

Holland - Russia:
You guys are underestimating Russia, did you watch them last night? Of course, Holland will be favored, but I have the feeling some of y'all have this notion that Russia's not even gonna seriously try and I think that's dangerous, I hope the Dutch are not gonna play with that type of attitude. The way Russia kicked out Sweden yesterday was classy, they played quick, efficient soccer and they had improved seriously in the defensive department since the match against Spain. If those Russians become really safe in defense, that time might be up to bigger things, with those creative players and those fast attacks. Nothing to add about Holland, they've been the shit so far and if they don't fall off seriously, they should beat Russia, but I'm just saying, don't act like Russia's some crap team...
Prediction: Holland

Spain - Italy
I've said it before and I'm saying it again, I don't have much of an idea about what to expect here. Spain is the team that usually seems bound for glory at first and then fails, Italy is the team that usually goes into the tournament half asleep, saves its ass on the verge of embarrassing itself and ends up among the top four. That said, of course Spain (Spain A at least) has been remarkably better so far and I def won't be getting mad if they kick some ass. If this great team keeps living up to its potential, they're pretty much on a par with the Dutch, which should make for an interesting semi. But like I said and like most people already know, with the squadra it ain't usually over that quick...
Prediction: ?

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 04:59:36 AM »

Dr. Janitor, please. Italy has better chances than France to beat them, and I bet they will. I rather think the Potugal germany game will be close, if we somehow manage to get to the penalty kicks, we will beat portugal (I'm sure lunatic can remember Schalke vs Porto in the cl :P)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 05:08:15 AM »

Dr. Janitor, please. Italy has better chances than France to beat them, and I bet they will. I rather think the Potugal germany game will be close, if we somehow manage to get to the penalty kicks, we will beat portugal (I'm sure lunatic can remember Schalke vs Porto in the cl :P)
...but what you should remember is Portugal - England '06. Ricardo might not be the world's no. 1 goalkeeper, but when it comes to penalty kicks, he's the worst thing a striker can face

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 05:27:02 AM »

...but what you should remember is Portugal - England '06. Ricardo might not be the world's no. 1 goalkeeper, but when it comes to penalty kicks, he's the worst thing a striker can face

yup, I forgot that he's a penalty killer. But against England you could have a telephone box as gk and  still win.  Plus we're invincible in shootouts.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 05:35:22 AM »
Portugal - Germany 1:0
Croatia - Turkey Croatia by penalties
Holland - Russia 2:1
Spain - Italy 1:2