Author Topic: T.I. on the cover of the new xxl  (Read 466 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
T.I. on the cover of the new xxl
« on: June 19, 2008, 11:33:06 AM »
the king of the south is doin it big. gettin ready to drop another classic album. there is no artist(nowhere near the term) out right now(or radio for that matter.) that can fuck wit tip lyrically. haters can take that anyway they want but it's the truth and by the way.... i was bumpin' trap muzik the other day and that album shits on officer jackson's whole catalog. the king's back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

T.I. On Cover Of New XXL
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 12:53:05 PM »
ITS THE KING NIGGAAAA

Matty

Re: T.I. On Cover Of New XXL
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 12:56:43 PM »
got a feeling this new T.I. album is gonna be really good 8)

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 01:01:22 PM »
Yeah. I was dissapointed by T.I. vs T.I.P. This should be dope!

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 01:04:52 PM »
If T.I. sounds more reflective than usual on his new album, Paper Trail, there’s a good reason. The Atlanta MC wrote and recorded tracks for the disc at home while on house arrest in the past year, awaiting trial for possession of three machine guns — charges that could have resulted in a decades-long prison sentence. “It felt like the world was against me,” he says of the time he spent working on his sixth full-length, the follow-up to his 2007 CD, T.I. vs. T.I.P. “It felt like people would rather ridicule, judge and condemn me than support me.”

Few of the new songs describe the violent, drug-dealing lifestyle documented on hits like “What You Know” and “Rubberband Man.” Instead, the new record highlights the fear, anger and guilt T.I. was feeling as he awaited trial. “I didn’t know how everything would come out, but I had faith that God had a plan and it would supersede my distorted judgment,” says the rapper, who claims he acquired the arsenal because he feared for his life after his assistant was murdered in 2006. The judge sentenced T.I. to 1,000 hours of community service and a year in prison, to begin in 2009. “A lot of things that I was doing needed to change, and this was the time for me to do that,” he says. “I’m a better person.”

“No Matter What,” which leaked in April, sets the tone. Backed by gospel organs and blues guitar, T.I. offers a survivor’s testimony: “I ain’t dead, I ain’t done/I ain’t scared, I ain’t run/Still I stand.” On the Danja bass-heavy club track “What’s Up, What’s Happening” and on “Collect Call,” the MC takes aim at friends who abandoned him during his ordeal. “People were really hatin’ on me,” he says. “My message is that the hatin’ won’t do nothin’ but make me go harder and get better.”

But it’s not all heavy. The futuristic “Let My Beat Pound,” produced by J.R. Rotem, is engineered for car stereos. “My trunk sounds like a midget trying to get up out of there,” T.I. drawls. And on “I’m Illin,” the MC shows off his virtuosic flow with quick-fire rhymes about being “the hottest nigga since Tupac.”

This summer, T.I. is hitting the road, mixing promotional appearances with speaking engagements at schools and youth centers for his community service, and mentally preparing for prison. “It’s a bitter pill to swallow,” he says. “But I’ve got a lot of water.”

Source:
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdail...the-studio-ti/

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 01:05:55 PM »
it's gonna be a hot summer. paper trail is gonna bust some woofers. the king is back niggas.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Lunatic

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 02:31:04 PM »
mutha fucka that is one dope ass cover with the writing all on it :o

Paper Trail bout to be the hottest fuckin album to drop, best believe it.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Lunatic

Re: T.I. on the cover of the new xxl
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 02:32:32 PM »
fuckin right he's still the king of the south; anyone who says LO is the king is a pure hater and Wayne sure as hell aint the damn king (lol at a story already leaking bout his label buying copies)

TI is the best mainstream artist out here and Paper Trail is going to be his 2nd classic (with Trap Muzik).

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 02:45:36 PM »
+ Busta // Remy // Papoose

Shit, I wanna read that. ???

westsiderider323

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 02:48:28 PM »
nice

Jome

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 02:51:09 PM »
What's with all the double posting lately, merged 5 threads in the last hour or so.  :-X

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 03:05:41 PM »
What's with all the double posting lately, merged 5 threads in the last hour or so.  :-X

Good job!

kemizt

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 03:43:12 PM »
nothin' more than great minds thinkin' alike. paper trail will be that album to cop this summer compared to these other releases droppin. hey 6 trey where did you read about wayne's shit at? cuz i know it was in the ya heard section on sohh.com.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 04:10:13 PM »

Lunatic

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 04:12:09 PM »
hey 6 trey where did you read about wayne's shit at? cuz i know it was in the ya heard section on sohh.com.
sohh