Author Topic: 2008 NBA Draft Thread  (Read 569 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 2008 NBA Draft Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 12:06:19 PM »
Do you know why he's dropping so much? Is he refusing workouts or just looking bad in his workouts?
I honestly dunno; but realgm (great ball site) has him goin at 15 to Suns

15. DeAndre Jordan
Center. Texas A&M

Jordan could possibly drop even further between now and the 26th, which would be a huge wakeup call for him. But pairing him with Amare Stoudemire in the frontcourt would be scary for opposing teams because they would be as athletic of a 4/5 combination as we have seen.

He has the kind of size, athleticism, and skill set to make just about any GM become enamored with his potential, but like so many similar big men who have come before him, his drive to become great is in serious question. His physical skills are great, and it is evident how he can be molded into a top-five center; however, I’m not sure if he has the necessary instincts to become a great NBA player.

I don’t believe we will see as big of a progression between the DeAndre Jordan we see on day one in the Vegas Summer League and the five-year veteran DeAndre Jordan.

Hmm...(Don't mean to rain on your parade but) I hadn't thought of it before, and Seattle needs a quality center. I wonder if they are in talks with Portland about trading down to #13. They are a hstoric rival, but under their new fuckhead ownership and the impending move to OKC It is possible. Seattle needs a legit center in a big way. Right now they have abut 4 project centers that just arent panning out.  And yeah, realgm is the best basketball site on the net!

LOL.

Robert Swift
Johan Petro
Nick Collison
Francisco Elson
Mouhamed Sene
Chris Wilcox

Half their team consists of underachieving centers...I dunno if they really want ANOTHER project center on their squad. If they're looking for a center, they should find themselves a proven one for a change, through free agents and trades.

Yeah I had that same thought right after I made that post. They're in a difficult position as they have glaring needs at the 2 most difficult positions in the NBA to fill (pg and c)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 12:08:30 PM »
However its looking he might go top 5^^^
I think we can def get Chalmers Or Maybe even Augustine..I like Both They are both NBA ready def more ready then Westbrook. We def need to get one of those guys, i dont want us to go with potential and get a guy like Randolph, altho he could end up being an amazing player, but i really feel like we need a pg badly cuz we can win with Mikey Moore Hawes and Brad Miller on the frontline this year.Hibbert maybe but if were gonna go big id rather go more athletic..

In the Kings situation I would consider drafting Randolph if he's on the board and trading Artest for TJ Ford. TJ Ford is a big risk, but it beats another bipolar ride with Ron Artest and it definitely beats losing Artest for nothing. Also resigning Udrih should be a priority for them.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 01:23:19 PM »
I would like that situation that you mentioned, but i dnt think were in tha running for Ford..

The Best of 3 Worlds

Sparegeez

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 01:28:38 PM »
Whoever the Warriors draft will be a bench player for 3 years and then let go. So yeah, I'm excited

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 01:47:06 PM »
^^^LOL. All they need is some big, mobile bodies who can grab some offensive rebounds and a backup pg. Brandan Wright should be playing a lot more for them next year and he can shoulder some of that load but he wont be able to do it alone and he needs to put on a little weight. I don't know why he didn't play a lot more last year

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2008, 03:36:44 PM »
^Wright was way too raw to be in the regular rotation...He definitely has potential, though. Reminds me a lot of Aldridge.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2008, 03:40:47 PM »
^Wright was way too raw to be in the regular rotation...He definitely has potential, though. Reminds me a lot of Aldridge.

Me too. Almost a clone. They even look alike. The main difference is Aldridge does everything Wright does but a little better and Aldridge has range on his jump shot. I don't think Wright was too raw for the W's though, especially since he filled a drastic need for them (legit size in the post). I think he can really thrive in that system as he is a good athlete. I would value him higher than Bedrins (sp?).

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2008, 03:48:46 PM »
^naah, man...as of now, Biedrins is way better than Wright. If Wright can polish his game, he has potential to be better, but he really has to work on it.

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2008, 03:58:49 PM »
Lakers don't have a pick, so I don't give a shit...

Portland will probably stay at 13...your best bet is Westbrook, but I have a feeling he'll be gone by 13. You can forget about Mayo.

Westbrook went to the same High School I went too. His little brother still goes there, he's on the football team with my nephew.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2008, 04:32:16 PM »
I would love RUSSELL WESTBROOK TO FALL DOWN TO 12 KINGS NEED A PG!!! HES GONNA BE SO NICE IN THE LEAGUE!! THATS WHO I WANT!!!  ;D

He is going to be a top 7 or 8 pick IMO,  if he falls to #11 then the Pacers will pick him but I dont think we will be lucky to have him stay all the way to the 11th pick.

DIP DIP SET SET

thisoneguy360

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2008, 05:12:05 PM »
With the #4 pick i'd like to see Mayo or Bayless

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2008, 05:31:18 PM »
^^Mayo will be taken with the #3 pick

DIP DIP SET SET

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2008, 05:31:48 PM »
With the #4 pick i'd like to see Mayo or Bayless

Bayless seems to be the consensus pick for Seattle. I don't know how well thats gonna work out though cause Bayless is more of a small 2 than a natural 1. Durant is going to demand a lot of shots and I don't know how well its going to work out there with a shoot first pg. Maybe it would work out ok if they also can pick up a play making 2 like Rush later in the draft and move Durant to his natural position at the 3, move Green to the 4 and start Wilcox at c. Should be interesting to see what Seattle does I really doubt they use all those picks. I think they have about 6.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2008, 05:34:48 PM »
^^Mayo will be taken with the #3 pick

Thats not really etched in stone though. He may be taken at 3 but I have a feeling he will be traded on draft day to whoever drafts Love. McHale seems really high on him but he's not worth the #3 pick. not to mention that they really like Foye in Minny and Mayo would play the same role as him. If Minny picks Mayo, there's a good chance they don't keep him.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2008, 09:39:12 PM »
Please believe Portland is trading up. The Blazers just acquired 27 from NO for cash.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/news/story?id=3459658

We don't have roster space for about 3 of these picks so there is definitely going to be a consolidation move taking place on draft day.