Author Topic: 2008 NBA Draft Thread  (Read 568 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 2008 NBA Draft Thread
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2008, 11:43:47 PM »
Rumor out of the NY Times is Portland and NY have discussed #6 and David Lee to Portland for Jarrett Jack, #13 and #27. I'll shit myself if that happens. That's a Zeke Thomas move right there.

NO WAY. David Lee alone is worth more than Jarret Jack. #6 for #13+#27 us absurd. :puke:

hence "Zeke Thomas move"

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2008, 11:44:10 PM »
Rumor out of the NY Times is Portland and NY have discussed #6 and David Lee to Portland for Jarrett Jack, #13 and #27. I'll shit myself if that happens. That's a Zeke Thomas move right there.

NO WAY. David Lee alone is worth more than Jarret Jack. #6 for #13+#27 us absurd. :puke:

id trade Artest for David Lee

The Best of 3 Worlds

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2008, 01:42:40 AM »
David Lee is good.

Any news about Danilo Gallinari? I've heard he tried with NY and New Jersey, and it looks NY is really interested.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2008, 02:31:08 AM »
Gallinari reportedly is only willing to play for NY or NJ (He must have mafia ties or something). If he slips past NJ at 10 he is going to plummet if its true he said that.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2008, 02:42:44 AM »
Gallinari reportedly is only willing to play for NY or NJ (He must have mafia ties or something). If he slips past NJ at 10 he is going to plummet if its true he said that.

LOL.

Actually he wants to play in NYK only. And it has nothing to do with Mafia ties, lol. Mike D'Antoni played 10 years with Gallinari's father, here in Italy. They are like best friends and Gallinari's father wants his son to play for Mike (and viceversa). That's it.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2008, 02:47:49 AM »
I have heard that a few NY executives want him, but that could just be a smokescreen. Chances are NY is targeting Mayo. I think Mayo is going to belong to whoever can fleece Memphis for their pick and draft Love to trade up with Minnesota for Mayo at #3.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2008, 12:52:45 PM »
ESPN is reporting that the Sonics will trade the No. 4 pick in the draft to the Clippers in exchange for L.A.'s No. 7 pick and a protected 2009 first-round pick if things go as expected in the Top 3 picks of the draft.

Ric Bucher is reporting that the Clippers want to assure themselves of getting Eric Gordon with the fourth pick. However, this deal will not go through if the Timberwolves pass on O.J. Mayo and he's available at No. 4.

Lunatic

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2008, 12:58:46 PM »
^another big one, damn.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2008, 12:06:31 AM »
Im very happy with the kings picks

The Best of 3 Worlds

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2008, 03:01:28 AM »
^^^Over the years I've learned not to second guess Geoff Petrie's judgement, but who the fuck is Jason Thompson? I REALLY like their 2 2nd round picks for them though. Absolutely excellent picks, especially Patrick Ewing Jr. He's gonna be fun to watch. Highest vertical leap in the draft at 42".

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2008, 03:07:31 AM »
Danilo Gallinari 6th pick overall. I told ya.  8)

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2008, 03:25:59 AM »
^^^Over the years I've learned not to second guess Geoff Petrie's judgement, but who the fuck is Jason Thompson? I REALLY like their 2 2nd round picks for them though. Absolutely excellent picks, especially Patrick Ewing Jr. He's gonna be fun to watch. Highest vertical leap in the draft at 42".

and Sean Singletary is fuckin legit he just was on a shitty team and didnt get the exposure, hes so quick and has quick hands on defense great scorer and passer, steal!

The Best of 3 Worlds

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2008, 03:32:53 AM »
Chris Wallace did another bad move LOL. Trading Love and Mike Miller for Mayo and bad contracts after trading Gasol for Crittenton and a bad contract. This is priceless.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2008, 03:47:02 AM »
LOL Don't get me wrong, Kevin Love is gonna be a very good NBA player (maybe even a great player), but McHale is fuckin stupid. You trade Mayo - who might end up being the best player in this draft class for Kevin Love??? Why not trade Foye? Memphis actually made a decent move here. They got rid of Mike Miller's contract for an expiring contract and a contract that expires next year and got a top tier player in Mayo. Memphis is gonna look REALLY good is Marc Gasol is half as good as people are making him out to be.

Conley
Mayo
Gay
who cares
who cares

Thats a solid core. Some of these teams are starting to make me nervous. Teams in the West just keep improving. I expect Seattle to be extremely good in the next couple years. Taking Westbrook at 4 seemed like a tank move to me. They take a very good player but not one who is gonna be good enough offensively to make a real impact, then they can tank again and try for the #1 pick again. FUCK!

Oh yeah, back to reality. These teams can't fuck with Portland:

Bayless
Roy
Webster
Aldridge
Oden

edit: ok so I got some of the trade details wrong. sue me. still, it was fuckin dumb of them to trade mayo. Mayo>Miller.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 04:16:23 AM by Turf Hitta »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2008, 03:56:40 AM »
So the genius strategy of the Grizzlies is to just tank until they got a starting 5 of top 5 picks. Sounds awesome. Especially their bigs do look really good right now that they traded Jason Collins  :-X Do they want a starting 5 of guards? LOL@their PG position. Conley, Crittenton, Jaric, Lowry... Mike Miller's contract isn't even that long and he's by far the best player of the trade (not counting the picks)... with that said, the move was not wise of the Timberwolves either. LOL@having the 3rd pick and getting Love.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin