Author Topic: 2008 NBA Draft Thread  (Read 563 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 2008 NBA Draft Thread
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2008, 04:17:16 AM »
^^^This is the type of trade that happens when you have two boneheaded, incompetent GMs playing chess. LMAO

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2008, 04:21:55 AM »
Chris Wallace did another bad move LOL. Trading Love and Mike Miller for Mayo and bad contracts after trading Gasol for Crittenton and a bad contract. This is priceless.

Memphis have big financial problems, man. They are just doing everything possible to avoid big contracts/to get big expiring contracts.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2008, 04:26:24 AM »
Somebody correct me if I'm being biased, but Portland was the biggest winner in the draft picking up Bayless, Batum, Diogu and future picks for Jack, McRoberts and Rush. Kevin Pritchard = Jesus part 2.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2008, 04:29:55 AM »
Somebody correct me if I'm being biased, but Portland was the biggest winner in the draft picking up Bayless, Batum, Diogu and future picks for Jack, McRoberts and Rush. Kevin Pritchard = Jesus part 2.

Bayless is better than Jack, imho. He's no Rose but he's a good PG.
Diogu was looking promising, nothing special but he's a good prospect.
Batum i haven't seen him enought. Same with Rush and McRoberts.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2008, 10:35:25 AM »
LOL Don't get me wrong, Kevin Love is gonna be a very good NBA player (maybe even a great player), but McHale is fuckin stupid. You trade Mayo - who might end up being the best player in this draft class for Kevin Love??? Why not trade Foye? Memphis actually made a decent move here. They got rid of Mike Miller's contract for an expiring contract and a contract that expires next year and got a top tier player in Mayo. Memphis is gonna look REALLY good is Marc Gasol is half as good as people are making him out to be.

Conley
Mayo
Gay
who cares
who cares

Thats a solid core. Some of these teams are starting to make me nervous. Teams in the West just keep improving. I expect Seattle to be extremely good in the next couple years. Taking Westbrook at 4 seemed like a tank move to me. They take a very good player but not one who is gonna be good enough offensively to make a real impact, then they can tank again and try for the #1 pick again. FUCK!

Oh yeah, back to reality. These teams can't fuck with Portland:

Bayless
Roy
Webster
Aldridge
Oden

edit: ok so I got some of the trade details wrong. sue me. still, it was fuckin dumb of them to trade mayo. Mayo>Miller.

Dont Forget about The Kings, we are coming up too...

PG- Udrih\Singeltary\Johnson
Sg- Kmart\Salmons\Douby
SF- Artest\Garcia
PF- Mikey Moore\Thompson\Ewing JR
C- Hawes, Miller, Abdur Rahim, Shelden Williams

Thats what we look like right now, we need to make a few moves tho definitly. We have too many big men someones gotta go. And if we dont resign Beno, were gonna have to get another pg..Not sure if Singletary will have what it takes to start right out teh gate..Only time will tell. But we have plenty of scorers, we just need someone to come in run the offense like Beno did..

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2008, 11:27:30 AM »
Chris Wallace did another bad move LOL. Trading Love and Mike Miller for Mayo and bad contracts after trading Gasol for Crittenton and a bad contract. This is priceless.

Uhhh, Mayo is gunna be a star, so you can't say that just yet...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2008, 11:31:45 AM »
  LOL@having the 3rd pick and getting Love.

Nothing funny about that...some of you need to check yourselves, cuz you don't know much about the players in this draft.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2008, 11:40:57 AM »
LOL Don't get me wrong, Kevin Love is gonna be a very good NBA player (maybe even a great player), but McHale is fuckin stupid. You trade Mayo - who might end up being the best player in this draft class for Kevin Love??? Why not trade Foye? Memphis actually made a decent move here. They got rid of Mike Miller's contract for an expiring contract and a contract that expires next year and got a top tier player in Mayo. Memphis is gonna look REALLY good is Marc Gasol is half as good as people are making him out to be.

Conley
Mayo
Gay
who cares
who cares

Thats a solid core. Some of these teams are starting to make me nervous. Teams in the West just keep improving. I expect Seattle to be extremely good in the next couple years. Taking Westbrook at 4 seemed like a tank move to me. They take a very good player but not one who is gonna be good enough offensively to make a real impact, then they can tank again and try for the #1 pick again. FUCK!

Oh yeah, back to reality. These teams can't fuck with Portland:

Bayless
Roy
Webster
Aldridge
Oden

edit: ok so I got some of the trade details wrong. sue me. still, it was fuckin dumb of them to trade mayo. Mayo>Miller.

Dont Forget about The Kings, we are coming up too...

PG- Udrih\Singeltary\Johnson
Sg- Kmart\Salmons\Douby
SF- Artest\Garcia
PF- Mikey Moore\Thompson\Ewing JR
C- Hawes, Miller, Abdur Rahim, Shelden Williams

Thats what we look like right now, we need to make a few moves tho definitly. We have too many big men someones gotta go. And if we dont resign Beno, were gonna have to get another pg..Not sure if Singletary will have what it takes to start right out teh gate..Only time will tell. But we have plenty of scorers, we just need someone to come in run the offense like Beno did..

I am intrigued by their picks. I really wanna see with this Jason Thompson can do. I couldn't believe they passed on Darrell Arthur. Patrick Ewing is gonna be really fun to watch and Singletary should be at least a serviceable pg. Geoff Petrie knows what he's doing, I just hope he isn't going for unknown players just to be taking unknown players (Thompson). I have a feeling they grabbed Thompson because they wanted a guy who is ready to contribute now (he's a senior).

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2008, 02:14:32 PM »
I hope so^^ I am really looking forawrd too see how we do. Last year we took a step in the right direction just too many injuries, but we still beat every top ten team in the league excpet for Boston including 2 wins over Detroit, Utah and New Orleans and Houston.

The Best of 3 Worlds