Author Topic: 2008 NBA Draft Thread  (Read 564 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
2008 NBA Draft Thread
« on: June 24, 2008, 11:03:10 AM »
Draft is 2 days away. What are you hoping to come out of the draft with? Who do you want to see traded? Who's trading up/down/out? Predictions? Rumors? What the fuck? Shit.

Personally I'm hoping Portland can pull off that rumored trade for #5 and then trade up with Minnesota (rumored to be high on Love, could be trading down) and grab Mayo or Bayless. I know it sounds crazy but hell, our GM is known for making shit happen on draft day. It took a series of trades to get us Aldridge and Roy in 2006, and another more complicated series of trades to get Rudy Fernandez, Frye and James Jones last year.

Lunatic

Re: 2008 NBA Draft Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 11:04:51 AM »
Raps go 17th pick and I am hoping we grab DeAndre Jordan
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 11:11:21 AM »
Lakers don't have a pick, so I don't give a shit...

Portland will probably stay at 13...your best bet is Westbrook, but I have a feeling he'll be gone by 13. You can forget about Mayo.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 11:18:48 AM »
Lakers don't have a pick, so I don't give a shit...

Portland will probably stay at 13...your best bet is Westbrook, but I have a feeling he'll be gone by 13. You can forget about Mayo.

Don't you guys have #58 or something? I laughed my ass off when I saw the name of the guy nbadraft.net projects them to pick up - JOE CRAWFORD!!! I KNEW THE REFS WERE ON THE LAKERS TEAM!!! LOL     And imagine my surprise when I saw that Stanley Burrell worked out for the Blazers. In case you don't know, Stanley Burrell is this guy:

As far as Portland, I think its highly unlikely a) that Portland stays at 13 and b) that Westbrook is still on the board at that point. Pritchard's whole approach to the draft is to target the player(s) he wants and makes moves to acquire them. At #13 the top 2 guys from his draft board are probably going to be gone (Westbrook, Augustin - just speculating)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 11:24:42 AM »

You think he hurt his stock enough to drop to 17? Most mocks had him in the top 10 until very recently. He does seem like a nice prospect though. Very raw offensively, but he's young, a legit 7 footer and a freak athlete. Once he bulks up a little and refines his post game a little, he could be a legit starting center.

Lunatic

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 11:29:05 AM »

You think he hurt his stock enough to drop to 17? Most mocks had him in the top 10 until very recently. He does seem like a nice prospect though. Very raw offensively, but he's young, a legit 7 footer and a freak athlete. Once he bulks up a little and refines his post game a little, he could be a legit starting center.
I think so. The latest Mock I saw had him at 15 but said he could fall as far as 26 :o

I hope he falls 2 us, I like this guy.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 11:30:58 AM »

I think so. The latest Mock I saw had him at 15 but said he could fall as far as 26 :o

I hope he falls 2 us, I like this guy.

Do you know why he's dropping so much? Is he refusing workouts or just looking bad in his workouts?

Lunatic

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 11:37:10 AM »
Do you know why he's dropping so much? Is he refusing workouts or just looking bad in his workouts?
I honestly dunno; but realgm (great ball site) has him goin at 15 to Suns

15. DeAndre Jordan
Center. Texas A&M

Jordan could possibly drop even further between now and the 26th, which would be a huge wakeup call for him. But pairing him with Amare Stoudemire in the frontcourt would be scary for opposing teams because they would be as athletic of a 4/5 combination as we have seen.

He has the kind of size, athleticism, and skill set to make just about any GM become enamored with his potential, but like so many similar big men who have come before him, his drive to become great is in serious question. His physical skills are great, and it is evident how he can be molded into a top-five center; however, I’m not sure if he has the necessary instincts to become a great NBA player.

I don’t believe we will see as big of a progression between the DeAndre Jordan we see on day one in the Vegas Summer League and the five-year veteran DeAndre Jordan.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 11:41:33 AM »

15. DeAndre Jordan
Center. Texas A&M

Jordan could possibly drop even further between now and the 26th, which would be a huge wakeup call for him. But pairing him with Amare Stoudemire in the frontcourt would be scary for opposing teams because they would be as athletic of a 4/5 combination as we have seen.

He has the kind of size, athleticism, and skill set to make just about any GM become enamored with his potential, but like so many similar big men who have come before him, his drive to become great is in serious question. His physical skills are great, and it is evident how he can be molded into a top-five center; however, I’m not sure if he has the necessary instincts to become a great NBA player.

I don’t believe we will see as big of a progression between the DeAndre Jordan we see on day one in the Vegas Summer League and the five-year veteran DeAndre Jordan.

Hmm...(Don't mean to rain on your parade but) I hadn't thought of it before, and Seattle needs a quality center. I wonder if they are in talks with Portland about trading down to #13. They are a hstoric rival, but under their new fuckhead ownership and the impending move to OKC It is possible. Seattle needs a legit center in a big way. Right now they have abut 4 project centers that just arent panning out.  And yeah, realgm is the best basketball site on the net!

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 11:52:22 AM »
I would love RUSSELL WESTBROOK TO FALL DOWN TO 12 KINGS NEED A PG!!! HES GONNA BE SO NICE IN THE LEAGUE!! THATS WHO I WANT!!!  ;D

The Best of 3 Worlds

Lunatic

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 11:55:20 AM »
Hmm...(Don't mean to rain on your parade but) I hadn't thought of it before, and Seattle needs a quality center. I wonder if they are in talks with Portland about trading down to #13. They are a hstoric rival, but under their new fuckhead ownership and the impending move to OKC It is possible. Seattle needs a legit center in a big way. Right now they have abut 4 project centers that just arent panning out.  And yeah, realgm is the best basketball site on the net!
It's all good I wont die if we dont get him lol but that's who I'd want realistically at 17. Seattle may need a quality C but maybe that's 1 of the teams who dont think he's worth it.

Hell ya realgm is the shit!

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 11:55:51 AM »
I would love RUSSELL WESTBROOK TO FALL DOWN TO 12 KINGS NEED A PG!!! HES GONNA BE SO NICE IN THE LEAGUE!! THATS WHO I WANT!!!  ;D

not gonna happen. there are rumors he could go as high as 4. I doubt he slips past the Clippers.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 11:57:00 AM »
It's all good I wont die if we dont get him lol but that's who I'd want realistically at 17. Seattle may need a quality C but maybe that's 1 of the teams who dont think he's worth it.

Hell ya realgm is the shit!

Yeah Seattle won't go for it now that I think about it. If they take a C it will be Lopez.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 11:58:19 AM »

15. DeAndre Jordan
Center. Texas A&M

LOL.

Robert Swift
Johan Petro
Nick Collison
Francisco Elson
Mouhamed Sene
Chris Wilcox

Half their team consists of underachieving centers...I dunno if they really want ANOTHER project center on their squad. If they're looking for a center, they should find themselves a proven one for a change, through free agents and trades.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 12:00:59 PM »
However its looking he might go top 5^^^
I think we can def get Chalmers Or Maybe even Augustine..I like Both They are both NBA ready def more ready then Westbrook. We def need to get one of those guys, i dont want us to go with potential and get a guy like Randolph, altho he could end up being an amazing player, but i really feel like we need a pg badly cuz we can win with Mikey Moore Hawes and Brad Miller on the frontline this year.Hibbert maybe but if were gonna go big id rather go more athletic..

The Best of 3 Worlds