Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS!!! PACERS AND RAPTORS MAKE BLOCKBUSTER TRADE!!  (Read 420 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! PACERS AND RAPTORS MAKE BLOCKBUSTER TRADE!!
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2008, 11:29:57 PM »
People need to remember that TJ Ford alone was more valuable than JO last season.

Even though JO is older, I think he'll be less of an injury concern than Ford. Plus Tor probably wasn't getting many offers for anything valuable. Ford is just too big of a risk in a lot of teams eyes. thats why they had to send out their first rounder in the deal. Its that serious with Ford.

I doubt it...if Ford recovered from that hard hit he took from Hordford, he's good to go. The problems JO have are way more likely to affect his play...and once you take the age into consideration, it's not even fair.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2008, 11:30:27 PM »
Guess this means Tinsley is gone.

Naah, he'll be a good veteran back-up.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2008, 11:35:31 PM »
i have a feeling JO=chris webber and will never recover..could be wrong but thats my gut feeling

D~Nice

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2008, 11:36:19 PM »
Guess this means Tinsley is gone.

Naah, he'll be a good veteran back-up.

Is he willing to be a back-up though? If so that is a hell of a tandem at the point.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2008, 11:36:44 PM »
i have a feeling JO=chris webber and will never recover..could be wrong but thats my gut feeling

I hope not, but even after the injury webber avg like 22 and the Kings won 58 games and lost in 7 when a last 2nd shot by him rimmed out...So they were still tough that year, then the next year he got traded...and we effective that first year and a half in Philly..

The Best of 3 Worlds

D~Nice

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2008, 11:40:06 PM »

I hope not, but even after the injury webber avg like 22 and the Kings won 58 games and lost in 7 when a last 2nd shot by him rimmed out...So they were still tough that year, then the next year he got traded...and we effective that first year and a half in Philly..

True and it's not like he is alone in Toronto. He has Bosh there so if he can stay healthy and give them 15-20 a night with 7-10 rebounds they are in good shape.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2008, 11:45:17 PM »

True and it's not like he is alone in Toronto. He has Bosh there so if he can stay healthy and give them 15-20 a night with 7-10 rebounds they are in good shape.

yeah and Bosh has that soft touch finesse game, where is JO is a little bigger and more physical..altho he has finesse as well

The Best of 3 Worlds

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2008, 11:46:44 PM »
People need to remember that TJ Ford alone was more valuable than JO last season.

Even though JO is older, I think he'll be less of an injury concern than Ford. Plus Tor probably wasn't getting many offers for anything valuable. Ford is just too big of a risk in a lot of teams eyes. thats why they had to send out their first rounder in the deal. Its that serious with Ford.

I doubt it...if Ford recovered from that hard hit he took from Hordford, he's good to go. The problems JO have are way more likely to affect his play...and once you take the age into consideration, it's not even fair.

Remember though that TJ Ford keeps having these injuries because of a preexisting condition that makes him prone to these types of injuries. He's a little guy but those hits he took would not hav ekept him out for more than a couple games if not for his spinal chord condition. If he takes another one he could be paralyzed. He's a very high risk - high reward gamble.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2008, 11:48:17 PM »
JO is soft in the paint on the offensive end. He'd rather take little face up jumpers than use his post game. And if you think he can averag 7-10 rebounds in minimal minutes, then you musy be dreaming. Dude averaged under 7 rebounds in 30 mins last season. I know he was injured, but still...As of now, Ford alone is more the more valuable player.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2008, 11:49:52 PM »

Remember though that TJ Ford keeps having these injuries because of a preexisting condition that makes him prone to these types of injuries. He's a little guy but those hits he took would not hav ekept him out for more than a couple games if not for his spinal chord condition. If he takes another one he could be paralyzed. He's a very high risk - high reward gamble.

He's cleared to play...with the hit he took, any player woulda been injured. If his shit was really bad, he would have not returned.

D~Nice

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2008, 11:53:58 PM »
JO is soft in the paint on the offensive end. He'd rather take little face up jumpers than use his post game. And if you think he can averag 7-10 rebounds in minimal minutes, then you musy be dreaming. Dude averaged under 7 rebounds in 30 mins last season. I know he was injured, but still...As of now, Ford alone is more the more valuable player.

True, that is why I said healthy. And Toronto is a jump shooting team so that alone would get him more offensive rebounds, which he is decent in getting and Bosh on the other side as well. For now definitely the Pacers have a better deal, for Toronto it depends on O'Neal and his health.

Lunatic

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2008, 12:16:26 AM »
as a raps fan I am happy besides the 17th pick!

Oneal is an injury risk but ford is 2

and anyways

Calderon >>>>> Ford on pretty much every level.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2008, 12:39:01 AM »

He's cleared to play...with the hit he took, any player woulda been injured. If his shit was really bad, he would have not returned.

I hope you're right cause I'd hate to seem him ruin his life behind basketball.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2008, 01:37:40 AM »
Interesting trade. I dunno what to think about it yet. I mean Toronto is looking good with Bosh, JO and Bargnani from the bench. They are still far from being a complete and contending team, but they improved, imho, cause Calderon is a good PG and can do it all by himself, and Rasho is garbage. I don't know. I didn't watch Indiana enought last season to judge the problems they had and if TJ Ford can be the soluction, but i doubt they were in need of a PG.. And i doubt they have a better PF/C than JO already on the roster. So i really don't know. Both the teams need more trades to be completed, so i hold my considerations till they finish the job. But Toronto wins, at the moment.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 01:39:33 AM by Antonio »

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2008, 03:14:09 AM »
Raps got Calderon, Bosh, and JO.  If he stays healthy, Raps will do some damage in the east.  I like the trade from Raps perspective.