Author Topic: Baron Davis Opts Out???  (Read 269 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Baron Davis Opts Out???
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 01:28:50 AM »
^^I think what he was saying was that they are talking about Baron going to the Clippers..This is interesting news, I hope he comes back, but it doesn't really make sense for him to opt out and then come back for less money, they have had plenty of time to get a long-term extension done.

LOL S&T Brand for S&T Davis

WestCoasta

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 03:46:12 AM »
:o If he comes to LA.

he should

hometown guy, Lakers coming off a Finals appearance

it would only be right if he tried to fuck with the L.A.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 03:55:33 AM »
i could only HOPE that he'd join the lakers. no one could fuck with us with that roster

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

WestCoasta

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2008, 03:56:38 AM »
i could only HOPE that he'd join the lakers. no one could fuck with us with that roster

now now, that's what everyone thought when Pau Gasol came here..

and we all know what a pussy he turned out to be

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2008, 04:54:01 AM »
You guys underestimate the greed of NBA players who are having their last chance to get a big long term contract.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2008, 09:27:26 AM »
:o If he comes to LA.

IF HE COMES TO L.A. ITS OVER MAN.
BARON DAVIS WILL LEAD THE LAKERS TO THEIR CHAMPIONSHIP NO DOUBT.

Davis would have to play behind Kobe, Bynum, and Gasol. He'll get a boost in assists though. 8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2008, 09:28:46 AM »

now now, that's what everyone thought when Pau Gasol came here..

and we all know what a pussy he turned out to be

You do realize that everyone expected Bynum back, which woulda' slid Gasol back to his natural position, correct?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2008, 10:56:47 AM »
Looks like he might be going to the wrong Los Angeles team:

Sources: Clippers pursuing Davis

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 12 hours, 37 minutes ago

The Los Angeles Clippers are making a hard run at signing free agent Baron Davis, multiple league sources said.

Within hours of the midnight deadline on Tuesday, the Golden State Warriors guard opted out of the $17.8 million owed him in the final season of his six-year contract. Davis could still re-sign with the Warriors, but the possibility of returning to his Southern California roots is most intriguing to him.

Davis’ decision stunned the league late Monday.

“You just don’t opt out of that kind of money,” a dubious Eastern Conference general manager said.

Davis’ career had been reborn under Don Nelson’s small ball, but acrimony over a benching in the season’s final game and the organization’s reluctance to enter into long-term contract negotiations have strained relations between the Warriors and Davis. With a burgeoning movie production company and a love for Los Angeles, where he was a high school and UCLA star, the Clippers are a natural for Davis.

The possibility of bringing Davis to Los Angeles promises to be a major incentive in re-signing their own free agent, forward Elton Brand. The Clippers could have between $25 and $27 million a year to share between Brand and Davis, space that could help be cleared by renouncing Corey Maggette and Shaun Livingston.

Before Davis opted out, sources said the Clippers were prepared to make a lucrative long-term offer to Sacramento Kings point guard Beno Udrih. Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy is believed to be enamored with Udrih, who blossomed after leaving the long shadow of Tony Parker in San Antonio. Udrih is still a possibility, but clearly the chance to get Davis would elevate the Clippers back into Western Conference contention.

The Clippers also still have a brief window to make a run at Gilbert Arenas, but the Wizards were close to agreeing to a $100 million contract with Arenas, an Eastern Conference executive said early Tuesday. Once Washington re-signed forward Antawn Jamison for four years, and $50 million, Wizards officials believed that Arenas would honor his word and stay in Washington.

Brand and Maggette opted out of Clipper contracts on Monday, but Brand has expressed a strong desire to negotiate a new contract with the team. Finding a way to fit Davis, 29, into the franchise would make Brand – who left $16.4 million on the table with the opt-out – far more eager to stay with the Clips. Davis had one of his best seasons in the league, averaging 21.8 points and 7.6 assists without missing a game for the Warriors.

Orlando and New Orleans are possible destinations for Maggette, sources said. Maggette, who scored 22 points a game, has probably played his last game for the Clippers.

Lunatic

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2008, 10:58:15 AM »
^^I would definitely rather have Ford than Calderon
ya, u gotta stand by your team but dude, someone who is a raps fan and watches every game pretty much

trust me when i say

Calderon >> Ford
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2008, 11:13:15 AM »
^^I would definitely rather have Ford than Calderon
ya, u gotta stand by your team but dude, someone who is a raps fan and watches every game pretty much

trust me when i say

Calderon >> Ford

I saw them both play and I still prefer TJ Ford...your team did better with him in the starting line-up.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2008, 11:23:37 AM »
Looks like he might be going to the wrong Los Angeles team:

Sources: Clippers pursuing Davis

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 12 hours, 37 minutes ago

The Los Angeles Clippers are making a hard run at signing free agent Baron Davis, multiple league sources said.

Within hours of the midnight deadline on Tuesday, the Golden State Warriors guard opted out of the $17.8 million owed him in the final season of his six-year contract. Davis could still re-sign with the Warriors, but the possibility of returning to his Southern California roots is most intriguing to him.

Davis’ decision stunned the league late Monday.

“You just don’t opt out of that kind of money,” a dubious Eastern Conference general manager said.

Davis’ career had been reborn under Don Nelson’s small ball, but acrimony over a benching in the season’s final game and the organization’s reluctance to enter into long-term contract negotiations have strained relations between the Warriors and Davis. With a burgeoning movie production company and a love for Los Angeles, where he was a high school and UCLA star, the Clippers are a natural for Davis.

The possibility of bringing Davis to Los Angeles promises to be a major incentive in re-signing their own free agent, forward Elton Brand. The Clippers could have between $25 and $27 million a year to share between Brand and Davis, space that could help be cleared by renouncing Corey Maggette and Shaun Livingston.

Before Davis opted out, sources said the Clippers were prepared to make a lucrative long-term offer to Sacramento Kings point guard Beno Udrih. Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy is believed to be enamored with Udrih, who blossomed after leaving the long shadow of Tony Parker in San Antonio. Udrih is still a possibility, but clearly the chance to get Davis would elevate the Clippers back into Western Conference contention.

The Clippers also still have a brief window to make a run at Gilbert Arenas, but the Wizards were close to agreeing to a $100 million contract with Arenas, an Eastern Conference executive said early Tuesday. Once Washington re-signed forward Antawn Jamison for four years, and $50 million, Wizards officials believed that Arenas would honor his word and stay in Washington.

Brand and Maggette opted out of Clipper contracts on Monday, but Brand has expressed a strong desire to negotiate a new contract with the team. Finding a way to fit Davis, 29, into the franchise would make Brand – who left $16.4 million on the table with the opt-out – far more eager to stay with the Clips. Davis had one of his best seasons in the league, averaging 21.8 points and 7.6 assists without missing a game for the Warriors.

Orlando and New Orleans are possible destinations for Maggette, sources said. Maggette, who scored 22 points a game, has probably played his last game for the Clippers.

Don't do it Baron..... Jesus himself couldn't make this team a title contender. 
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2008, 03:40:30 PM »
^^Real spit

The Best of 3 Worlds

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2008, 03:47:54 PM »
looks like the Warriors are gonna play hardball with him. they just through 100 mil at Gilbert Arenas

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2008, 04:01:56 PM »
looks like the Warriors are gonna play hardball with him. they just through 100 mil at Gilbert Arenas

he probably has some low ass self-esteem because of that now. which could very well lead to him signing with a low self-esteem team like the clippers.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2008, 04:16:38 PM »
^^^LMAO...l and even after he went to the trouble of building up contract karma:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2yAQAQ1k5ao