Author Topic: Arenas to the Warriors? GS offer=100 mill/5 years, Wizards offer=124 mil/6 years  (Read 80 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Wiz offer Arenas the max but he may take less

What a crazy night in free agency. First, Baron Davis surprisingly opted out of the final year of his contract that would have payed him $17.8 million this season from the Golden State Warriors.

Then, according to my sources, the Warriors quickly burned the phones and offered former Warrior Gilbert Arenas a maximum-level contract, one that would pay him more than $100 million over five years. My source told me that Gilbert received a flurry of phone calls from the Warriors in the first 30 minutes of free agency.

After Gilbert drove to the Verizon Center for a late night workout and a meeting with Ernie Grunfeld, the Wizards came strong with an offer of a maximum contract that covers six years for over $124 million (Not sure whether they knew about the Golden State offer or not. I hear they didn't. Ernie came strong but also laid it out for Gilbert that if he asked for the maximum, the team would be in a tough spot.)

According to a source close to Arenas, the three-time all star is mulling the offers but is leaning towards staying with the Wizards and is willing to take less than the maximum if it will help Grunfeld make other moves he needs to make this summer.

Earlier today, Antawn Jamison signed a four year deal worth $50 million and if Arenas took a max contract, his first-year cap number would essentially end the offseason for the Wizards. That would mean no shot at keeping Roger Mason Jr.(which Ernie would like to do with part of the midlevel exception) or any other key piece.

Also, I heard from a very reliable source that the Sacramento Kings contacted Arenas and said they are willing to do "whatever it takes" to land his services even if they have to "trade their entire team." Guess the Maloof brothers want to matter again.

"THE" MoSav

we have to give up artest, but then we can start Salmons
Arenas Martin and Salmons  8)
Wont happen tho

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

^Udrih will be your starting PG...mark my words.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
we have to give up artest, but then we can start Salmons
Arenas Martin and Salmons  8)
Wont happen tho

If Petrie could get a S&T Arenas for Artest that would be a Pritch Slap!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Overpaid.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

"THE" MoSav

^Udrih will be your starting PG...mark my words.

i figure that as well, but arenas or no arenas we need another pg..

The Best of 3 Worlds

Lunatic

I think dude is worth it, he's phenomenal.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com