Author Topic: Manchester City have signed JO from Cska...  (Read 75 times)

Elano

Manchester City have signed JO from Cska...
« on: July 02, 2008, 10:51:40 AM »
...for something like £13  :o

New Club record signing, Joćo Alves de Assis Silva, aka Jō has been speaking at a press conference this afternoon at the City of Manchester Stadium.
On completing the deal, which is believed to significantly eclipse the fee paid to Paris-Saint Germain for Nicolas Anelka, the Brazilian striker said: "I decided to come to Manchester City because it is one of the clubs who showed more interest in me, although I had other offers as well."

Speaking through a translator and sitting alongside Manager Mark Hughes, the tall, lean striker continued: "After I spoke to the manager I was very pleased. I was told Manchester City is a club going forward at the moment.

"We can go places, that is our objective. We thought about it and I decided to come to Manchester City for that reason."

City also had to fight off interest from other clubs including Spanish Primera Liga side Valencia, as the 21-year-old confirmed: "The club who showed interest officially was Valencia. I know from the press there were other clubs who showed interest."

It was also confirmed that Jō will wear the number 14 shirt.

Shango

Re: Manchester City have signed JO from Cska...
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 11:11:48 AM »
a very good player but I wouldnt pay 18 million pound for him, but maybe he is the next to blow up...

Elano

Re: Manchester City have signed JO from Cska...
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 11:26:28 AM »
this dude got MAD SKILLS,mark my words  8)