Author Topic: nadal vs federer  (Read 92 times)

OchoCinco

nadal vs federer
« on: July 06, 2008, 01:40:34 PM »
any one watch this...i caught it at the end , heard it was pretty crazy

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: nadal vs federer
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 01:53:30 PM »
It sure as hell was. Nadal won his first title in Wimbledon after 5 consecutive years of Federer.

First set: 6-4 Nadal, one break
2nd set: 6-4 Nadal, however, this time with Federer getting the first break, Nadal rebreaking twice and coming back from 1-4
3rd set: 7-6 Federer with a 7-5 in tie-break
4th set: 7-6 Federer with a goddamn 10-8 in tie-break, both players scoring 2 consecutive mini-breaks, Nadal finally serving for match and screwing up
5th set: 9-7 Nadal, no breaks until 7-7, then Nadal scoring with his FOURTH breaking opportunity in Federer's last serving game and winning the deuce. Nadal serves for match, going behind 0-15 and eventually making it into a deuce, which he wins eventually when Federer hits the net.

It lasted almost 5 hours of playing time and was interrupted due to showers twice (after starting with a delay). Longest Wimbledon final ever, and definitely one of the closest too...

I think Nadal deserved this, he came across as the better player overall to me, Federer stayed in the game for that long because of first serves and Nadal being nervous. But it was extremely close in the end.

Ezekiel Whitmore

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 01:55:15 PM »
My friend cried when Federer lost, As he put a whole months wages on him winning.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 01:55:34 PM »
shit was tight .....peep my thread  8)

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09