Author Topic: Big Kuntry King Album Set for Sept. 9th Release  (Read 225 times)

Lunatic

Big Kuntry King Album Set for Sept. 9th Release
« on: July 07, 2008, 09:20:43 AM »
Kuntry King's new album "My Turn to Eat" in stores and online September 9th! Watch out for his new video "Da Baddest" ft. Trey Songz coming soon. The clip features cameos from Young Dro, Fantasia, B.o.B., T.I, and the entire Grand Hustle Family. Keep it locked here for premiere info and the latest on Big Kuntry King!

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=411545440

good news but I'm skeptical - T.I. drops that day lol i doubt both are dropping on the same day, if so grand hustle lookin like:

T.I. - sept 9
big kuntry - sept 9
alfa mega - sept 16

seems too good to be true.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
Re: Big Kuntry King Album Set for Sept. 9th Release
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 09:34:26 AM »
ti should drop a week earlier

or not even at all in the same time period

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 10:18:16 AM »
ti should drop a week earlier

or not even at all in the same time period

worddd! why they all droppin so close...i mean its obv. t.i. is goin to outsell both of them combined, but hes also goin to take away from there album sales...if i was in FYE and i had to choose one im takin t.i. over them. strange...... ???

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 10:36:40 AM »
^same reason i find it strange

D~Nice

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 10:38:32 AM »
Didn't Ludacris do that one time with Shawnna and I-20?

Lunatic

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 10:38:52 AM »
no idea to be honest

D~Nice

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 10:42:40 AM »
no idea to be honest

I remember her album dropped one week and his dropped a week or 2 after that. It worked for No Limit back in the day, but they were advertising it in all the albums before it would come out. So it worked that way. Now if it happens the artists has little or no promo time.

Lunatic

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 10:44:24 AM »
no idea to be honest

I remember her album dropped one week and his dropped a week or 2 after that. It worked for No Limit back in the day, but they were advertising it in all the albums before it would come out. So it worked that way. Now if it happens the artists has little or no promo time.
Alfa Mega is on Capitol instead of Atlantic so it could possibly work for him but regardless as a T.I. fan myself, I am going to cop T.I. first and when I got the cash, cop Kuntry & Alfa - it is highly unlikely I'll be buying all three in those 2 weeks; that would cost at least 45-50$

D~Nice

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 10:53:12 AM »
no idea to be honest

Alfa Mega is on Capitol instead of Atlantic so it could possibly work for him but regardless as a T.I. fan myself, I am going to cop T.I. first and when I got the cash, cop Kuntry & Alfa - it is highly unlikely I'll be buying all three in those 2 weeks; that would cost at least 45-50$

Well unless Capitol is doing promo independent of what TI wants to do for Alfa this is going to backfire on them. They are not going to get THAT MANY sales just off the strength of him being down with TI and making the release date close like that. And it is Capitol so unless they fired the space cadets they had doing promo there earlier he is screwed. He will be catching another case.  :-\

Lunatic

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 11:04:00 AM »
no idea to be honest

Well unless Capitol is doing promo independent of what TI wants to do for Alfa this is going to backfire on them. They are not going to get THAT MANY sales just off the strength of him being down with TI and making the release date close like that. And it is Capitol so unless they fired the space cadets they had doing promo there earlier he is screwed. He will be catching another case.  :-\
Yeah, no matter what Capitol does with Alfa, his strongest promotion is going to be his ties to T.I. and dropping his album that close to T.I.'s is a mistake; hopefully it gets pushed back to like November lol; it's a damn shame cause Alfa has a good shot at dropping a pretty good album and same goes for Kuntry.

LOL what u mean he'll be catching another case?

D~Nice

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 11:13:22 AM »
no idea to be honest

Yeah, no matter what Capitol does with Alfa, his strongest promotion is going to be his ties to T.I. and dropping his album that close to T.I.'s is a mistake; hopefully it gets pushed back to like November lol; it's a damn shame cause Alfa has a good shot at dropping a pretty good album and same goes for Kuntry.

LOL what u mean he'll be catching another case?

He will choke out the A&Rs at the label. LOL!

Lunatic

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 11:18:54 AM »
^LOL ohh ya probably ;D

Blood$

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 12:11:49 PM »
at least one or two of those will be pushed back