Author Topic: There Will Be Blood = Definition of Overrated  (Read 445 times)

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
There Will Be Blood = Definition of Overrated
« on: June 28, 2008, 09:36:40 AM »
It was a solid movie and yes Daniel Day-Lewis was incredible and Paul Dano as "Eli" was impressive as well but overall this just want a great movie at all.  I have a hard time understanding what people think was so great about this,  again don't get me wrong, I don't think it was a bad movie in fact I think it was solid but in no way do I think this deserved all of the acclaim that it received,  Lewis deserved it because he was superb but overall as a movie it just wasn't that great.  No Country For Old Men was 10 times better than this was.

DIP DIP SET SET

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: There Will Be Blood = Definition of Overrated
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 06:45:03 PM »
It was a very interesting character study of an anti-hero.  These type of movies aren't made often, it may not be perfect but shit it's refreshing to see that a young filmmaker is taking risks with the films he has decided to make.  Big props to him.  This is where masterpieces can come from.  Paul Thomas Anderson has the talent to make a film that will make most people's  top ten of all time. 

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 02:00:57 PM »
  Lewis deserved it because he was superb. No Country For Old Men was 10 times better than this was.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

J Bananas

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 02:11:02 PM »
I think it received praise because there are so many layers to the plot, you can interpret it yourself, and so many movies are just point a-b...so it was really refreshing just the way it was presented, with such dark sarcasm that it was almost a comedy... i dont know...i really like it, but i can feel you on it just being solid too.

Though Death Is Callin, I'ma Keep Ballin

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 04:28:01 PM »
I think it received praise because there are so many layers to the plot, you can interpret it yourself, and so many movies are just point a-b...so it was really refreshing just the way it was presented, with such dark sarcasm that it was almost a comedy... i dont know...i really like it, but i can feel you on it just being solid too.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 11:25:33 AM »
You have pretty rubbish tastes.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 07:31:23 PM »
i just rewatched it, havent seen it since movies, damn ,so good, very different movie then you expect from hollywood, but not those lame weird independent movies (i know theres good ones, but usually directors think by being odd and different means they are good),

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 07:57:18 PM »
TWBB > NCFOM (yeah, Im lazy)
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 12:37:21 AM »
there will be blood and no country for old men are both EXCELLENT movies. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 10:50:52 PM »
there will be blood and no country for old men are both EXCELLENT movies. 

Yes, both were miles better then anything else last year. NCFOM had a better story, but TWBB had better acting. Their both very different movies, TWBB tends to be a tad too long though, not a movie you can watch more then twice.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 11:23:55 AM »
You take the Tommy Lee Jones scenes out of No Country and it's nothing but a cheap Terminater rip off (Brolin does a better Reese though). The Jones scenes saved it for me. They were brilliant but TWBB was brilliant from top to bottom. It's not even close in my book. There Will Be Blood is the best film of the decade so far.

ShadyGuru

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 08:51:35 AM »
It was a solid movie and yes Daniel Day-Lewis was incredible and Paul Dano as "Eli" was impressive as well but overall this just want a great movie at all.  I have a hard time understanding what people think was so great about this,  again don't get me wrong, I don't think it was a bad movie in fact I think it was solid but in no way do I think this deserved all of the acclaim that it received,  Lewis deserved it because he was superb but overall as a movie it just wasn't that great.  No Country For Old Men was 10 times better than this was.

You speak the truth. No Country had more substance and was still more entertaining imo.