Author Topic: Is Tyga from Compton or Gardena or what!!!?? (Flixx Statement)  (Read 1958 times)

FLIXX

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Gardena 2 Da Fullest!!
People keep asking me about this dude Tyga during interviews..I haven't heard of him until now..So I do my homework on him 2 see if I know him and I don't..I'm readin articles saying that he "Lived In Compton" but is a native of "Gardena", shit I'm a native of "Gardena" I think we all know that by now. I go to his myspace page he from Compton. I read this article http://realtalkny.uproxx.com/2008/04/topic/topic/news/free-tyga-mixtape-ft-lil-wayne-teyana-taylor/ and the nigga is born and raised in Compton..I don't know who the fuck is workin on this niggas staff that's got the streets all confused but it's shit like this that give tha hood a bad name...and make it hard 4 tha homies.  Gardena is tha hood that raised me & if niggas ain't wit it they need 2 4get it.Real Talk..Yall know how I ride for the city and I'll b dammed if niggas let violations like these slide.Nima, Justin, Rud, somebody get a hold of a Tyga and let him tell the streets himself so we can all be clear and there's no confusion. If he went to school in the hood that's cool but I want 2 hear from the horses mouth so we can put this rest. His myspace say Compton so if anybody ask me, he from Compton! I'll let the homies from the CPT take from there. If it turns out he says he is a native ask him why he think he needs to claim the CPT in the game. I'm just makin sure this ain't no direct knock on the Garr City like we beneath a nigga. I'm gone  get 2 the bottom of this..so niggas can stop asking me. Shouts out to my real Garr City Gee's representin Big Jay Ridah, Big Doty...all day..Out

Flixx

http://www.rlslog.net/tyga-no-introduction-2008/

URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Flixx

RHustle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Is Tyga from Compton or Gardena or what!!!?? (Flixx Statement)
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 08:27:33 PM »
He from Gardena NOT Compton LOL

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 08:29:04 PM »
Soooooooooooo.............what?  ::)

COMPTONRIDA1

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 11:04:29 PM »
WELL IF HE FROM COMPTON.. HE NEED TO BE LIKE REAL COMPTON NIGGAS..  :scarface: AND STOP GETTIN HIS CHAIN SNATCHED  ;D

BUT ON SOME REAL SHIT THE GARDENA NIGGA GOT A POINT..DONT BE REPPIN THE HUB  IF YOU AINT FUCKIN WIT DA HUB...

MAYBE HE WENT TO PRIVATE SCHOOL AND COULDNT PLAY OUTSIDE..LOL
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 09:55:02 AM by COMPTONRIDA1 »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 12:02:07 AM »
Fuck you and your beanie.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 02:05:11 AM »
Hes from Gardenia. A few rappers from CPT have dissed him, mainly cuz hes not from Compton, yet reps it.

The Best of 3 Worlds

RealG

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 04:01:12 AM »
gardena, compton, same shit!

COMPTONRIDA1

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 09:56:43 AM »

dats where you got life fucced up at... our murder rate is to high to be the same...GARDENA IS SOUTH BAY AND COMPTON IS "HUB CITY"

ThaRealSupreme

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 12:41:20 PM »

LOL I see you're not from out here because that's two different cities with two different atmospheres, and too many different hoods. lol@same shit
I stand before God when I say that I'm not a facade_Supreme

RealG

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 12:59:34 PM »
Tyga from Compton homie, don't let these fools get you mislead

RealG

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 01:04:30 PM »

dats where you got life fucced up at... our murder rate is to high to be the same...GARDENA IS SOUTH BAY AND COMPTON IS "HUB CITY"

same shit homie, fuck the murder rate!
you bragging about the murder rate in your city?  that sounds dumb as shit by the way, and i like your music! lol
You can get murdered in Orange County fucking around in the wrong neighborhood, there are murders everywhere, from Oakland to san bernardino,
from L.A. to miami, whatever

to me, compton, gardena, carson, watts, north lbc, inglewood, south central...all the same to me, they should have just made that one city

RealG

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 01:09:09 PM »

LOL I see you're not from out here because that's two different cities with two different atmospheres, and too many different hoods. lol@same shit

i can dig it! Im from L.A. homie, same shit to me though, I move through watts, compton, hawthorne, gardena, inglewood all day, its not like some big change, its all the same atmosphere to me, thats just me, I demand respect everywhere i go, so maybe thats why the streets show it to a niggah! real recognize real.  but yeah niggahs get murdered in compton, but the place i been in cali locked up and met the most murderers was out in San Bernadino county, i was locked out there, and niggahs was on they g shit

ThaRealSupreme

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 01:13:09 PM »

i can dig it! Im from L.A. homie, same shit to me though, I move through watts, compton, hawthorne, gardena, inglewood all day, its not like some big change, its all the same atmosphere to me, thats just me, I demand respect everywhere i go, so maybe thats why the streets show it to a niggah! real recognize real.  but yeah niggahs get murdered in compton, but the place i been in cali locked up and met the most murderers was out in San Bernadino county, i was locked out there, and niggahs was on they g shit

I understand but I see a change especially with Watts and South Central
I stand before God when I say that I'm not a facade_Supreme

RealG

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 01:30:33 PM »
a change in physical buildings?
yeah watts is an older part of the city, more run down physically,
but don't think cuz the projects are ugly they are more dangerous than south central, you can get it anywhere.
Like i said, and im not going in to details, my homies was in a shoot out in Orange county about few weeks back, a full fledge shoot out.
so hows that for your stereotypes!  Im talking ar 15s and mac 10s

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2008, 02:42:24 PM »
LOL, what up Flixx?

As most of y'all know, I'm from Gardena too. As far as Tyga goes, people have been discussing this...so it isn't really a major thing of importance, but still something that can cause conflict. From what I heard, he grew up near Normandie and 147th, which MIGHT be Payback's hood, but sounds more like the hispanic part that has a few blacks here and there. Where me and Flixx grew up is 80-90% black, and part of the same Crip neighborhood, so most people here do know each other, or know the same people.

As for Gardena and Compton being the same...I'll say it like this. Culture wise, it's not too much different, and comparing it to Beverly Hills and Malibu, then yeah it's very similar LOL...but for people who grew up in one or the other, it's much different. To me, the black part of Gardena (basically anything North of Rosecrans) is just an extension of the West-Southern section of South Central and Inglewood/Hawthorne....from the Western-Vermont and Imperial area to the Crenshaw-Western and El Segundo area. Gardena is much more similar to these areas, in that the gang hoods here cover much more area, versus Compton where there can literally be 4-5 different hoods/sets within a mile radius. Just like most cities, the more you go East, the worst things start to look, and that's how it is damn near everywhere in L.A....so with Compton and Watts being east of Gardena, Inglewood, and even the Western-Van Ness part of L.A., it does look a lot worst, and is more active. Compton is bad because you can't just guess who's hood you are in, or read the street signs and tell. Driving down Western, it's as simple as reading street signs...111th st is 111's....100-108 is Rollin 100's....90th to Century (100th) is Rollin 90's....83rd St. is Eight Trays (83).....55th is NHC 55, etc. etc. etc.....in Compton, it doesn't go by numbers, and the hoods are all too small and tangled up.

I'll say it on record...every time I went to Brazil St. back in 04 with BWS, I just felt like I was in a completely different zone as compared to how I feel in Gardena, or even Inglewood and South Central where I have always gone. I was never around any Bloods until then, and just being in that atmosphere just felt a whole lot different to me and even people I brought with me who were from other places. I'm one of those who's not hood or "gangsta" at all, but I'm always comfortable around these types of places and can speak and relate with everyone in these areas, just because I've been around it enough.

Now when you compare Carson, Compton, and Gardena, it's funny to me. Carson definitely has the highest property value, the neighborhoods look nicest, and there is much more affluence...but I'd say Carson is more active than Gardena because there are more gangs there. People in Carson will be like "we are right next to Compton" and many of them will claim Compton out of state...but anybody who's been to both knows it's completely different. I think Gardena and Compton look much more alike, and Carson only resembles Compton in that it's crips AND bloods there. Carson is one of those cities that grafitti in major areas gets painted over immediately, and they set laws and rules when something major happens, such as when a girl from Gardena High got killed just being outside in Centerview's hood (Ray J is from there, LOL!)...after that, they started enforcing curfew and other things.

Basically...most "urban" as they say, areas of L.A. are the same culture wise...same fashion, "accent", slang, music, etc. etc. but you can still tell what areas are more dangerous than others, even though many of them look the same. Mid City has parts that look just as bad as Compton, but it's just never been as active gang wise.