Author Topic: Tim Westwood. Your views on him?  (Read 432 times)

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Tim Westwood. Your views on him?
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2008, 08:47:24 AM »
i wish the bloke on that bike didnt miss that song of a vicar

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 01:34:18 PM »
i wish the bloke on that bike didnt miss that song of a vicar

lol he didnt miss him westwood got shot.

mans dont know about tim...hate all you like

but dunny knows his stuff...and his one-liners are on point

he's been in the game over 10 years...he didnt just help break homegrown artists....when hip-hop was blowing up he was state side putting his work in...i use to find him annoyin but you realize hes setting himself up as much as anything

knows hes stuff with grime as well and he listens to the fans

had scorcher on fresh outta pen and when everyone was shoutin for a p money set he gave um what they wanted

also helped break skepta,sway,chipmunk etc

and im pretty sure he had a hand in ghetto gettin into maidenvale studios

good thread...imma post up a best of his show

(may go to that MK gig as well...anyone goin??)

Yeah i like hearing that best of 2008 from time to time again.  (Grime).

How much for that milton keynes thing is it?? I Might....Go myself.

And i thought it was sunday nights that was dedicated to grime? :) unless you live elsewhere that's not in the UK?

lol well i meant my own fav bits...cant really remember the best of 08 show dunno how much that show is..was going to ask myself....also are any artists confirmed as yet??

and yeh the grime show is sundays...not much difference as ghetto & scorcher keep sneakin on the saturday rap show lol

oh bedford you'll probs like this...youtube logan sama fuck radio set pretty new so dunno if u already seen it

SAS where u based.

MK thing is £10 in advance more on the door, im probably gonna miss it gotta be up early next day to go manchester.

Budda blue is alright but the place is just attitude, plus westwood is gonna attract every chav from luton to northamoton to that show lol.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 04:29:25 PM »
I'm sure a majority of the forum knows who he is by now.

Now i might be the only one who likes him on dubcc but i don't know what it is.

I listen to his sunday shows (Saturday is dedicated to Hip Hop, Sunday is for the Grime scene) and it's just the way he puts down jokes, the stuff he asks and says to people during interviews, it just keeps me entertained for the 2 hours and hearing new tracks.

This is the only time i go out of my way to listen to radio. I don't listen to the hip hop session nowadays (I won't lie, if i don't hear about some sort of Hip Hop new album or something coming out on Dubcc, i won't pay much attention to it/won't know about it)

Even though i do support that fact majorly that he's putting the grime scene more forward and out there for people to recongise, it's just him in general i'm actually alright with listening to and acknowledging now.

(Yeah back in the day i used to hate how he spoke on the mic, but now i'm more than cool with it)

How'd you feel about the Radio 1 DJ?

/Discuss.
he's cool and he has a great respect for real hip hop. only the elite gets on his shows.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2008, 05:48:31 PM »
Don't be so negative G. He didn't deserve to get shot. He didn't beef with anyone and he was supporting the sounds of the UK and US but he still got haters because of how he speaks.

Yeah i've got all the 5 fuck radio sets, i was playing with the idea of getting that logan sama special one too. But taking from your word it's that good i'll invest in it  8)
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

David Gutterman

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2008, 01:30:16 AM »
I've only seen him in Pimp My Ride UK, what can I say... HE SUCKS ASS ALI G looking nut case

but thats my Opinion.

frisch213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2008, 05:12:53 AM »
i appreciate what he's done for hip hop in general but the way he acts and talks for a man over 50 is JOKE.....my dads the same age, i'd be proper embaressed if he acted or spoke like that...But I do have respect for what he'd done in general...
I remember hearing his version of events on when he got shot and he was like  " these cats on a bike just rolled up on me and straight blasted on us man " and I remember seeing the bird who was interviewing him trying not to laugh....

frisch213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2008, 05:20:32 AM »
i just googled Tim Westwood to see how old he actually is and came across a few articles about how Sasha Baron-Cohen's Ali G Character was actually based on him !! ha ha

David Gutterman

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2008, 05:48:33 AM »
i just googled Tim Westwood to see how old he actually is and came across a few articles about how Sasha Baron-Cohen's Ali G Character was actually based on him !! ha ha

Hahaha, it is so obvious Ali G acting like Westwood !

2 retarded Brothers BO!

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2008, 06:19:51 AM »
It has often been asserted, most recently in a column in The Guardian newspaper[8] and in an interview with Sacha Baron Cohen in Rolling Stone magazine[9], that Westwood was the inspiration for Ali G, the caricature portrayed by comedian Sacha Baron Cohen. In 2000, Westwood claimed in the NME that Baron Cohen had told him that he had based Ali G not on Westwood himself, but on the "white, provincial" hip-hop fans who phoned up his show.

Who knows what the truth is these days...

You actually watched Pimp My Ride UK  :( Wow loool...

He's 50!?! Lol i've always portrayed him as much younger...Oh well...

Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2008, 06:53:22 AM »

lol he actually annoys me a lot less than semtex....ras kwame and mistajam are the best 1xtra dj's though

Kilo4

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2008, 11:59:24 PM »
Derek B even shouts out to him in 1988.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2008, 01:58:44 PM »
Derek B even shouts out to him in 1988.

Noreaga on Banned From TV

"i play the best hood, o-t with tim westwood
used to be on section 8, now my section is good "

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson