Poll

Pick 1, bitchel.

Batman (1989)
9 (15%)
Batman: The Dark Night (2008)
51 (85%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: Batman (1989) vs Batman: The Dark Night (2008)  (Read 1504 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Batman (1989) vs Batman: The Dark Night (2008)
« on: July 27, 2008, 11:54:51 AM »
With all the talk of the new "Batman" being one of the greatest films of all time and the best comic book movie ever made, I was wondering how many people still think the classic was the better movie. I personally do. Not to take anything away from "The Dark Night", cuz it was great, but I just prefer Burtons vision of "Batman"...I prefer Keaton to Bale and Jack to Heath (though both Bale and Heath handled their roles amazingly)...I just think you can't beat the classic. Whatdya say?

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Batman (1989) vs Batman: The Dark Night (2008)
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 11:57:52 AM »
The Dark Knight, by a lot.

Batman Begins was also better. 

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 11:58:45 AM »
The OG Batman is nostalgic. It reminds us of our childhood which is why we all like it a lot. The Dark Knight is clearly the better movie though. I even dusted off my old VHS copy of Batman and watched it the other day just to be sure.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 12:13:41 PM »
Oh yeah and Keaton is a better Batman but Bale is a better Bruce Wayne

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 12:31:00 PM »
IMO, Batman > Batman Begins

I'm kinda split on who is the better Alfred.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Lunatic

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 12:32:12 PM »
Oh yeah and Keaton is a better Batman but Bale is a better Bruce Wayne
agreed, didnt like Bale as batman but did as Wayne

Old Alfred > This Alfred

Heath > Jack

Dark Knight > OG Batman
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 12:48:13 PM »

OG Alfred.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 12:53:15 PM »
I never thought Jack could be beat as Joker but Heath was better no doubt.  Heath was Joker,  he played that role so pefectly that it was scary, the movie was amazing and even though everyone in it did a great job,  Heath flat out owned the movie.

DIP DIP SET SET

Lunatic

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 12:55:13 PM »
I never thought Jack could be beat as Joker but Heath was better no doubt.  Heath was Joker,  he played that role so pefectly that it was scary, the movie was amazing and even though everyone in it did a great job,  Heath flat out owned the movie.
co sign
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2008, 12:56:52 PM »

OG Alfred.

I think you're right. He would give his life for that nigga Bruce.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2008, 01:43:37 PM »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2008, 04:04:12 PM »
the dark knight is probably one of the greatest films ever made.

dark knight>batman

but that's overall

burton's batmobile>>>>>>nolan's
visually burton wins
i like both joker's equally the same......heath's was more raw and scary, where jack looked the part and was funny....both had classic lines though

i go back and forth between keaton and bale......i didn't really care for Batman begins, but absolutely love dark knight, but keaton was consistantly batman in both films he was in....i guess like someone said before....bale is a better Bruce and keaton is a better batman per se. i don't like how keaton's batman just let his chick always know his identity and shit

the score was infinitely better in the original .....the only good thing i think hans zimmer did with the score was that creepy high pitched sound that played everytime joker was on screen/about to be. but other than that Danny elfman is the KING

the bat symbol (as dumb as it is to talk about) is better in the OG.......it's just so much more artistic and visually compelling i just want to frame my dvd box when i see it....i mean shit you take a look
compared to

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

The Watcher

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2008, 05:50:05 PM »
the dark knight > batman begins > batman (1989)

i've never really liked any of the first 4 (batman, batman returns, batman & robin, batman forever) as they were quite campy and gay. jack didnt portray the joker, he was jack playing jack in makeup. the joker is meant to be scary, terrifying and make your kids have nightmares. heath got that accomplished. the joker killing batmans parents? yeah, lets just make some shit up. what about alfred bringing vicky vale down to the batcave? yeah, why not!

the first 4 weren't even batman movies, they simly took the batman character and made some shit up. nolan knows what he's doing, from batman begins it was evident that he was a fan of the source material. i can live with little things (league of shadows vs league of assassins et al), but to simply make shit up as you go along is wack.

the dark knight gets my vote
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2008, 05:51:56 PM »
everyone point and laugh at the comic book nerd.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2008, 06:18:26 PM »
If we are going point for point, Batman (1989) vs. Dark Knight (2008) then I have to say this.

Bale was way better as Batman, I actually think Keaton was a better Bruce Wayne. Keaton had Wayne's more personal side, Bale never let Wayne show his personal side. Keaton as Wayne way great because he owned Wayne's personal demons, and he allowed himself to have Wayne show his darkside, were as Bale was just the cocky jerk Wayne, Bale had tons more swag but didn't let you seen Wayne as who he is. As for Batman, visually, Bale had a way better Batman, he also had like 40 pounds on Keaton. This allowed for a more believable Batman, and Bale allowed for Batman to enter that grey area that Batman always does, that makes you think his crossing the edge were as Keaton's Batman didn't seem to be someone that will take it all the way to the edge.

So
Bruce Wayne:
Batman>Dark Knight
Batman:
Batman<Dark Knight

Joker:
Batman<Dark Knight

I love Jack, trust me, I love Jack, but Heath just dominated the role. There can never be another Joker, the role has been retired, 'cause Heath just made Joker the way he was suppose to be.

Alfred:
Batman>Dark Knight

Alfred in Batman was more involved, and he seemed like he would risk his like for Mr. Wayne, were as the Dark Knight's Alfred doesn't come off like that.

Com. Jim Gordon:
Batman<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Dark Knight

Gordon in Batman just seem to be there, Gordon in Dark Knight was a key player and aid to Batman the way he should be.

Harvey Dent:
Batman<<<<<<Dark Knight

There was so much potential for Harvey Dent in the first Batman series, in the Dark Knight you have a character that was built up, and made into Two-Face right before our eyes.

Theme music:
Batman>>>>>>>Dark Knight

Burton had that ear, I was sad to see Nolan didn't use the same score.

Symbol:
Batman>Dark Knight

Batman's symbol was much more 80's, and wouldn't be used now, but it's much better for posters.

Batmobile:
Batman>>>>>>Dark Knight

Batman always has a nice ride, and his cars are legendary, so to see a "tumbler" was sort of a let down.

Secondary transportation:
Batwing<<<<Batpod

The Batpod was just great, the Batwing looked nicer but was shot down. I want to rid the Batpod, the Batwing I fear wouldn't leave the ground.

Visual:
Batman<Dark Knight

Dark Knight was gritty, Batman was darker. To be darker than the Dark Knight is saying something, but Dark Knight looked more like real life.