Author Topic: Kristc signs with European team Triumph Moscow...  (Read 87 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Kristc signs with European team Triumph Moscow...
« on: July 29, 2008, 03:13:24 PM »
Nets F-C Krstic to play in Europe

6 hours, 7 minutes ago

BRISTOL, CONNECTICUT (TICKER) —New Jersey Nets’ free agent Nenad Krstic appears to be the next player headed overseas, according to published reports on Tuesday.

Krstic has signed a two-year contract worth about $9 million annually to play for Triumph Moscow, his agent, Marc Cornstein told ESPN.com.

The report states that Cornstein worked until 12 a.m. EDT Monday trying to find an NBA team willing to pay Krstic at least a mid-level contract to keep him in the NBA.

However, with no deal in place, Krstic becomes the sixth foreign-born player to sign for a team outside the NBA this summer, joining former teammate Bostjan Nachbar, Juan Carlos Navarro, Jorge Garbajosa, Carlos Delfino and Primoz Brezec.

The biggest American to spur the NBA for more money overseas this summer is former Atlanta Hawk Josh Childress, who inked a three-year deal with Olympiacos BC of the Greek League for $20 million. The 6-8 swingman does have a clause in the contract that will allow him to opt out after each year, setting up a possible return to the United States as early as 2009-10.

“At the end of the day, Triumph offered him the most love,” Cornstein told ESPN.com. “This was too good of a deal to pass up for him.”

Krstic averaged 6.6 points and 4.4 rebounds in 45 games - 38 starts - in his fourth season with the Nets last year. The 7-footer was slow to recover from reconstructive knee surgery after he tore his left ACL during the 2006-07 campaign, when he averaged 16.4 points and 6.8 boards in 26 games before suffering the injury.

Another one bites the dust.

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Kristc signs with European team Triumph Moscow...
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 03:44:01 PM »
pussy
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens